• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Either that or put back the SW #1 up ..... since it was the last item :preach:

How does this not go completely against the whole point of this thread?

I agree. The spirit of the thread is supposed to be one of giving. If someone's offering isn't taken, in the spirit of things they should try to find something else that may be of interest, which is fine. But for people to complain about what someone is offering up I think is rude and to suggest they give back something they received because their offering doesn't meet some mythical level of coolness is worse.

It's great that someone was able to give away something as cool as a Star Wars #1. But not everyone has that sort of thing lying around. You give what you can. For me that's the whole point.

+1 ... I totally agree! And that offer was actually pretty cool (I have that stuff though).

Please try to keep posts in here as positive as possible - even if I'm not the one getting certain items in here it makes me happy to see people freely sharing their things.

I agree with someone else here that HotJuicyBurgers might want to revamp his offer - not because of any perceived value but because he might have some other "treasure" which resonates with someone happening upon this thread. I don't think he should give up the Star Wars book.

Ryan

+1

I put up the SW1 to try to match the coolness of the books I claimed, having no idea if the values match at all since I obviously had not received them. It could very well turn out the Thor's were under graded and out-value the SW by quite a bit. I'd feel bad about that, but rest assured I'd make up for it here at some point. That may not "even" things with NamesJay, but I think it's in the spirit he intended when he started this thread.

I don't think 4-5 days with no action = Dead Thread. I do think the current offer could be sweetened/altered in some way though, but I don't think it has to be NOW. As collectors, we need to be more patient than that or else we'll come off sounding like investors. :o(tsk)

:baiting:

I'm certainly not telling HJB what he needs to do, but if he needs time he should politely be given time. There's no hurry, is there? :shrug:

Thank you. As for all of this talk about value, I was unaware this book was worth much when I got it. I thought it was a 15 dollar book MAX.

I thought I was putting up something of comparable value. (2 bucks a comic, about an 8 dollar NES game.

If possible I will try to sweeten the deal later today when I get home.

I'll give the restart a shot, I've never claimed anything, however maybe I will in the future. This doesn't fit my collection and I've had it around for a couple of years so maybe it can find a happy new home.

Bernie Wrightson print from the 2011 Heroes Con. Was supposed to be signed and numbered but he got writers cramp and didn't sign many or any (or so I heard). It is numbered 1029/1500.

about 11 by 14

Give me PM after you claim it, and please someone claim it, don't let me embarrassed as I've never claimed one myself!

If someone claims it then HotJuicyBurgers is ok, say I listed for him. I thought the game was cool, but I didn't it and don't have the system. If no one claims it he can list something else later today or tomorrow.

This was a pretty great offer, but it's probably for the best if we see what HJB has to offer...

maybe you can claim it next if it's something you like! (thumbs u

I'll give the restart a shot, I've never claimed anything, however maybe I will in the future. This doesn't fit my collection and I've had it around for a couple of years so maybe it can find a happy new home.

Bernie Wrightson print from the 2011 Heroes Con. Was supposed to be signed and numbered but he got writers cramp and didn't sign many or any (or so I heard). It is numbered 1029/1500.

about 11 by 14

Give me PM after you claim it, and please someone claim it, don't let me embarrassed as I've never claimed one myself!

If someone claims it then HotJuicyBurgers is ok, say I listed for him. I thought the game was cool, but I didn't it and don't have the system. If no one claims it he can list something else later today or tomorrow.

This was a pretty great offer, but it's probably for the best if we see what HJB has to offer...

maybe you can claim it next if it's something you like! (thumbs u

ok, edited it off. conversation seems to be to let him work it out so we'll see what happens.

RULES:

-Please do not discuss the value of the book(s) being offered. If you don't like them, you don't have to take them

No need to talk about the value of items offered, considering the above statement is in the original post.

it's not really the value...it's the quality of book offered:

While it does not have to be of exact equal value of what you took, please offer quality book(s) that someone can appreciate.

The original book offered is an awesome (almost 40 year old) #1 comic

...and since we're taking direct quotes:

-You must have at least 50 posts

:sumo: no Wiggle room there....

compared to SW#1 those tmnt came out of the dollar bin. Not sure they'll get any love...

that is pretty cold... Thanks for insulting what I had to put up I guess...

Sorry, didn't mean to sound insulting... :) ....but tmnt adventures??

Are one of the most fun tmnt stories (after the first mini series and then the first 3 issues since those were just adaptations of the tv show) Have you ever read them or are you just bashing them? Most of the time they are pretty awesome.

Obviously I am a turtles fan, so I am biased, but people like to knock things before they even try them...

You're right, check my sig.... obviously I am not a turtles fan and don't see the value in collecting or reading them...

HJB I really am just being obstreperous and facetious and don't mean any insult.

compared to SW#1 those tmnt came out of the dollar bin. Not sure they'll get any love...

that is pretty cold... Thanks for insulting what I had to put up I guess...

Sorry, didn't mean to sound insulting... :) ....but tmnt adventures??

Are one of the most fun tmnt stories (after the first mini series and then the first 3 issues since those were just adaptations of the tv show) Have you ever read them or are you just bashing them? Most of the time they are pretty awesome.

Obviously I am a turtles fan, so I am biased, but people like to knock things before they even try them...

You're right, check my sig.... obviously I am not a turtles fan and don't see the value in collecting or reading them...

HJB I really am just being obstreperous and facetious and don't mean any insult.

Doesn't really sound like you don't mean insult. And I had seen your signature before. Just because you have 4 turtles books doesn't tell me much about whether or not you have read these specific books.

And again, thank you for once again taking a shot at what I posted up by saying the quality of my books was subpar. Also, as the quote you picked out says, they should be enjoyable. I'm glad you are the authority on what is and isnt enjoyable.

I thought that this was supposed to be a fun activity to promote growth I community and to do something awesome. I guess if your books aren't cool enough you get mess on.

For a good deed, pay it forward thread, this sure is getting silly. It's supposed to be about giving.

If it'll help, I'll put up the next free book, and HJB can enjoy his SW 1 without being berated for it anymore.

Thing is, I already said multiple times I would revamp my offer when I got back home, but I guess I just am not fast enough

RULES:

-Please do not discuss the value of the book(s) being offered. If you don't like them, you don't have to take them

No need to talk about the value of items offered, considering the above statement is in the original post.

it's not really the value...it's the quality of book offered:

While it does not have to be of exact equal value of what you took, please offer quality book(s) that someone can appreciate.

The original book offered is an awesome (almost 40 year old) #1 comic

...and since we're taking direct quotes:

-You must have at least 50 posts

:sumo: no Wiggle room there....

Quality is subjective. You, obviously, don't value the TMNT stuff so don't take it. Refer to my original post for what not to comment on next.

I must have 50 posts to comment in the thread? I read the rules; didn't see any rules regarding whether or not I'm allowed to post. Only the rules regarding the claiming of items (which is where you got your quote from).

For a good deed, pay it forward thread, this sure is getting silly. It's supposed to be about giving.

If it'll help, I'll put up the next free book, and HJB can enjoy his SW 1 without being berated for it anymore.

Thing is, I already said multiple times I would revamp my offer when I got back home, but I guess I just am not fast enough

Then your part of the debate is over. Do that.

Stop commenting on the other comments trying to defend yourself.

Your comment to make something new available has been heard. If others want to continue to beat on you, it just makes them look bad. They don't need your help.

Don't rush. Nobody here is going to grow wings waiting on you to get home. You'll get another offer up when you get a chance. I trust you. (thumbs u

Here.

All of this is added to my prior offer. You can pick whatever you want, some, 1, all of it, none of it. I'm going to tell you right now, most of this stuff isn't very desirable. regardless, it is what I have to offer, so if after this no one wants that is it. I really don't have anything else to offer. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel for this. (Who even knew there were bionicle comics?)

0A285EBD-4772-4BE4-80E9-BB934F8EC315-10109-0000044C2F5765B4.jpg

If you don't have a NES though leave the game because not shipping media will cost me a bit more. If you do though and will actually play it please by all means take it.