• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I would also suggest that the continued presence of this offer, an offer I find to be awesome (Batman 1?), is further proof the thread works.

Where are all the JDs? We hear so much about this horrible species of poster who cannot wait to take advantage of the best offers and yet here is some of the ripest fruit available for picking and no JDs to be found.

The thread works.

PIF is strongest one their is!

And also note that when the drama stopped in the PIF comment thread interest stalled there as well. PIF is the flame for the drama moths as well as the JDs.

PIF is the Galapagos Islands of boardie animal diversity!

Bird, just....stop. Please.

Where are all of the donkeys?? The spotlight is ON the thread right now! The donkeys strike when the thread is quiet. They're not claiming the offer because they don't/can't/won't pony up with a fair offer and a lot of eyes are on the thread. You act like there aren't "junk donkeys" and it was all some sort of urban legend.

Keep in mind that one donkey swore off PIF. Another may follow Notorious B.I.G.'s "Ten Crack Commandments". Mainly #4 which is "Never get high on your own supply".

I'm replying to your post alone. Look back before yours and there seems to be a growing sentiment that the current offer isn't being claimed because of the criticism towards a few.

One of the few that was criticized did what you just said you can't imagine doing. Everyone knows the value of a nice ASM #300. If you really wanted it, claim it. Just use common sense and participate honestly with integrity and you should be fine. But to say people aren't claiming the offer because they're afraid of being criticized is meh

Everyone knows what is a BS follow up offer. Just be fair and no one will criticize you.

Agreed. I understand that there is a certain spirit that needs to be maintained in offers ; otherwise, PIF deteriorates.

Sorry, I meant I'm NOT replying to your post alone.

No worries. I read it that way. (thumbs u

I would also suggest that the continued presence of this offer, an offer I find to be awesome (Batman 1?), is further proof the thread works.

Where are all the JDs? We hear so much about this horrible species of poster who cannot wait to take advantage of the best offers and yet here is some of the ripest fruit available for picking and no JDs to be found.

The thread works.

PIF is strongest one their is!

And also note that when the drama stopped in the PIF comment thread interest stalled there as well. PIF is the flame for the drama moths as well as the JDs.

PIF is the Galapagos Islands of boardie animal diversity!

So after a week of discussion about possible rule changes, the bumping and creating of several new trading threads, and much gnashing of teeth, are you really surprised that the donkeys are laying low for now?

Was everything about this thread all sugar dumplings and honey dimples 2 weeks back when a shill was participating, people were claiming offers and not posting follow up offers, and newbs were rushing to pad their post count just to participate before even learning how to post an :takeit: ?

I'm not sure why some people have to make this so black and white. Yes, I've seen some nice offers (at least in my opinion) get criticized. I've seen some great offers go unclaimed. And I've seen some truly awful scumbaggery in this thread, too. And yet, for all the criticism the so called "peanut gallery" gets from the PIF4LIFE crew about loving drama, it's the participants that cause the drama.

You guys want to strip down naked, shove Roman candles up your , and run through the streets screaming gibberish? God bless. Just don't be shocked when the rest of us point and laugh.

You guys want to strip down naked, shove Roman candles up your , and run through the streets screaming gibberish? God bless.

hm

See, now if he did what I said, he'd have a Roman candle AND a Roman war helmet. ;)

You guys want to strip down naked, shove Roman candles up your , and run through the streets screaming gibberish? God bless.

hm

See, now if he did what I said, he'd have a Roman candle AND a Roman war helmet. ;)

:idea: Add it digitally! That would be funny as hell.

hm

:idea: Add it digitally! That would be funny as hell.

hm

I'm not sure why some people have to make this so black and white. Yes, I've seen some nice offers (at least in my opinion) get criticized. I've seen some great offers go unclaimed. And I've seen some truly awful scumbaggery in this thread, too. And yet, for all the criticism the so called "peanut gallery" gets from the PIF4LIFE crew about loving drama, it's the participants that cause the drama.

That goes for sure. But everyone, by posting, is a "participant".

:news:

UPDATED OFFERS

Ship to the US for free, I'll cover 50% of international shipping costs

OFFER #1 - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #300

scan0001_zpszz1iwuvw.jpg

scan0002_zpsrkoowwvh.jpg

OFFER #2 - KEYS & SEMI-KEYS - PICK 3!

Wolverine 1-4

20160225_202255-1_zpslfswcofi.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #55

scan0010_zpsiil2wnjd.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #194

scan0004_zps2jdn4kkp.jpg

AVENGERS #54 - cover detached and beat up

scan0006_zpsvncf38h2.jpg

SPIDER-WOMAN #1

scan0008_zps9gxrfgkc.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #266

scan0003_zps7oyeaqfq.jpg

BATMAN #1 (2011 - 1st print)

20151223_202642_zpswpeqnkbk.jpg

OMEGA MEN #3

20151223_202735_zpshknkzo7n.jpg

ALL-STAR COMICS #58

scan0007_zpskutyloab.jpg

DC SUPER-STARS #17 - creased all the way through the book

scan0005_zpsevuaxnnk.jpg

MARVEL PREMIERE #31 - WOODGOD!

scan0009_zpsu6miejwr.jpg

:bump:

True, which is why again I think the thread either needs to be locked OR at the very least, have a several month moratorium so that it can be restarted later without all of the strong feelings and fear of participating. A new start so to speak.

We have had a few people on here (JD's) try to excuse their behavior or offer advice under the guise of actually caring about the thread. I hope Barth doesn't mind me telling this story but he was once years ago lumped into the JD category. The big difference is that he honestly did not realize his offers were not up to par. He immediately apologized to the thread and took a break from it as he did not want to have a bad reputation. When he did claim something his offers from that point forward were on par as far as I can remember.

He even took it a step further and took the Kraven figure that was part of the joke against him and tried to turn it into a positive and created the Travels of Kraven thread.

I thought how he handled it was admirable considering he got piled on at the time. Some other people in this thread could learn something from him and the example he set.

:golfclap: Thank you!

I can't believe all the banter on here and this offer is still available

I'm replying to your post alone. Look back before yours and there seems to be a growing sentiment that the current offer isn't being claimed because of the criticism towards a few.

One of the few that was criticized did what you just said you can't imagine doing. Everyone knows the value of a nice ASM #300. If you really wanted it, claim it. Just use common sense and participate honestly with integrity and you should be fine. But to say people aren't claiming the offer because they're afraid of being criticized is meh

Everyone knows what is a BS follow up offer. Just be fair and no one will criticize you.

Agreed. I understand that there is a certain spirit that needs to be maintained in offers ; otherwise, PIF deteriorates.

A few people have stated that they are afraid to play. Why would they lie? Why else is a "good offer" sitting there?

It is a good offer, but not everybody gets a half chub from spider-man (shrug)

But the other option is equally good.

And honestly, I have no idea of the value of that ASM 300. In fact its presence after the Detective 164 (I think that is what it was) confuses me and I attribute that to my lack of knowledge of these books and my inability to grade/assign relative value accurately.

And Hector, I also meant to mention that your grading skill in spotting that area was amazing in itself. You have better eyesight than George Costanza.

The value of that copy of ASM 300....which judging by the pics/scans looks to be a 7.0 to 8.0....it's worth anywhere from $125 to $150 via BIN or at a show.

It looks like about an 8.5/9.0, just judging by the spine tics....but as Hector pointed out, there is is fold on the back cover.

So I'd call the book an 8.0, at that point.

But there is also a non color breaking bend at 2 points, at the top of the spine.

On that factor, it drops below 8.0....maybe 7.5.At worst,7.0.

CGC 9.2's sell for around $200-$225, for perspective.

The value of the ASM is signifigantly less than the raw GD/VG Detective 164 (which was collectively graded as a 3.0 in the PGM forum)...and going off the FC scan alone, it is a nice GD/VG with plenty of eye appeal.

It has a "classic" Bat Signal cover, any Batman collector would be amped to own that book, based on the cover art alone.

Pull up a search for Detective # 164 and you'll see that there are about T-SHIRTS with a Detective 164 cover screen printed on them for sale.........and ALSO there another dozen FRAMED COVER REPRODUCTIONS of Det 164 for sale.

Pull up a search on eBay under Detective 163 or Det #165...and you won't see t-shirts and prints of either book.

I'd value the Det 164 at no less than $250 raw.....If slabbed, call it $350.

I'm not pulling that number out of the air.

Check GPA on recent sales...it has made some big leaps in the past few years ....most recent copies sold in GPA are from 2015........in 5.0...not raw or 3.0....but infer the demand/interest of this cover from what I said above, the GPA data showing a distinctly upward trend.....and apply that to a strictly graded RAW Golden Age Bat book, which is basically a key, on the merit of the cover alone....and GA Bats sell better than GA Sups from this time period, the demand is much higher so raw keys (or classic cover books, if you prefer) like this book are worth at least a couple hundred.

GPA has 2 most recent sales in 2015 for unrestored copies like so:

5.0 Off White Pages sold for $500 in 7/2015...a 5.0 White Pages sold for $635 in 10/2015

Barth's follow up offers are on equal footing as the Det 164....if you forego the ASM 300 and pick 4 other lots, instead.

Wolverine 1-4 (VF-ish, I'd guess)....that is a solid $100-$150 BIN sale...

X-Men 266 ...looks like a F/VF....$50 to $75 BIN easy.............

Batman 1 New 52 looks like a VF...call it $50 to $75 BIN...

ASM 197 1st Black Cat in about VG is good for about $40-$50.

So Barth put up equal value in trade if option # 2 is selected.

Pick option #1 and nah...not so much.

But even with option #2, I'd rather have 1 bigger book than 7 smaller books.

Note that I am not saying Barth didn't post up a second fair offer.I do not think that is the situation.

If it needs to be be said, which in an effort to avoid being flamed...... I think that this second offer of Barth's is a FAIR PIF, for the Det 164 that he claimed.

I was VERY tempted to post up an I'll Take It when I saw that Det 164, and I have a few GA books ..2 of which are CGC slabs..... Atomic Thunderbolt #1 CGC 3.5, that I could PIF with, paired with Fight Against Crime book that Overstreet notates as "extreme violence" ...worth about $75 in raw VG...as well as slabs like Alias #1 9.8 WP......Captain America # 109 9.2 WP...and a stack of other slabs to pick from.

Or an X-Men #2 raw 1.5 paired wiith a Cap 117 raw g/vg...etc

I have a ton of prep work to get done for Big Apple next weekend, and shouldn't even be spending my time typing this post in this thread right now......otherwise, I'd have claimed the book and played along.

A few people have stated that they are afraid to play. Why would they lie? Why else is a "good offer" sitting there?

And honestly, I have no idea of the value of that ASM 300. In fact its presence after the Detective 164 (I think that is what it was) confuses me and I attribute that to my lack of knowledge of these books and my inability to grade/assign relative value accurately.

And Hector, I also meant to mention that your grading skill in spotting that area was amazing in itself. You have better eyesight than George Costanza.

The value of that copy of ASM 300....which judging by the pics/scans looks to be a 7.0 to 8.0....it's worth anywhere from $125 to $150 via BIN or at a show.

It looks like about an 8.5/9.0, just judging by the spine tics....but as Hector pointed out, there is is fold on the back cover.

But there is also a non color breaking bend at 2 points, at the top of the spine.

The value of the ASM is signifigantly less than the raw GD/VG Detective 164 (which was collectively graded as a 3.0 in the PGM forum)...and going off the FC scan alone, it is a nice GD/VG with plenty of eye appeal.

It has a "classic" Bat Signal cover, any Batman collector would be amped to own that book, based on the cover art alone.

Pull up a search for Detective # 164 and you'll see that there are about T-SHIRTS with a Detective 164 cover screen printed on them for sale.........and ALSO there another dozen FRAMED COVER REPRODUCTIONS of Det 164 for sale.

Pull up a search on eBay under Detective 163 or Det #165...and you won't see t-shirts and prints of either book.

Check GPA on recent sales...it has made some big leaps in the past few years ....most recent copies sold in GPA are from 2015........in 5.0...not raw or 3.0....but infer the demand/interest of this cover from what I said above, the GPA data showing a distinctly upward trend.....and apply that to a strictly graded RAW Golden Age Bat book, which is basically a key, on the merit of the cover alone....and GA Bats sell better than GA Sups from this time period, the demand is much higher so raw keys (or classic cover books, if you prefer) like this book are worth at least a couple hundred.

5.0 Off White Pages sold for $500 in 7/2015...a 5.0 White Pages sold for $635 in 10/2015

Barth's follow up offers are on equal footing as the Det 164....if you forego the ASM 300 and pick 4 other lots, instead.

Note that I am not saying Barth didn't post up a second fair offer.I do not think that is the situation.

If it needs to be be said, which in an effort to avoid being flamed...... I think that this second offer of Barth's is a FAIR PIF, for the Det 164 that he claimed.

I was VERY tempted to post up an I'll Take It when I saw that Det 164, and I have a few GA books ..2 of which are CGC slabs..... Atomic Thunderbolt #1 CGC 3.5, that I could PIF with, paired with Fight Against Crime book that Overstreet notates as "extreme violence" ...worth about $75 in raw VG...as well as slabs like Alias #1 9.8 WP......Captain America # 109 9.2 WP...and a stack of other slabs to pick from.

I have a ton of prep work to get done for Big Apple next weekend, and shouldn't even be spending my time typing this post in this thread right now......otherwise, I'd have claimed the book and played along.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

lol