• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I think a lot of people were scared off by all the criticism leveled at some. It's becoming harder and harder appease the critics when they feel your offers are not acceptable according to their values. The current offer by Barth is great, but I think a lot of people are reluctant to take anything for fear that they don't measure up to the expectations of the peanut gallery. Being generous is admirable, but giving until it hurts is another thing. Yes, you should give as good as you get, but it doesn't have to be a supreme sacrifice.

This is exactly correct.

Not sure if this is a Canadian thing, but I agree with these sentiments. I was interested in the Walking Dead lot. I got out my raws and slabs. I started putting together offers. Then, I went back and read through this thread again. Next, I decided it was not worth it and put my books away. I am not a scammer. I am not a bad person. I am not here to game the system. However, I am someone who felt the potential (whatever degree) of getting ripped made it not worth claiming and offering.

+1

I would like some of the comics in the current offer but I rather not deal with the hassles of PIF. I'll resist PIF unless something shows up that I really, really want to have.

Well, probably one should not also be so sensitive when receiving the criticism, even if often worded in unhappy ways… One knows he can expect it, so personally I think he should just not care if he believes his follow-up offers are enough interesting and of quality compared to what he took. :)

"One" felt that in the end, the potential of being cannon-fodder for said "criticism . . .often worded in unhappy ways" made the endeavour not worth "one's" while. I am just providing outsider insight into the discussion at hand. When I found the PIF thread, it sounded like fun. After reading through the thread, it didn't really sound like fun anymore. That's just me. Maybe, I am just totally different than everyone else. Maybe, I am not. :)hm

Well, probably one should not also be so sensitive when receiving the criticism, even if often worded in unhappy ways… One knows he can expect it, so personally I think he should just not care if he believes his follow-up offers are enough interesting and of quality compared to what he took. :)

"One" felt that in the end, the potential of being cannon-fodder for said "criticism . . .often worded in unhappy ways" made the endeavour not worth "one's" while. I am just providing outsider insight into the discussion at hand. When I found the PIF thread, it sounded like fun. After reading through the thread, it didn't really sound like fun anymore. That's just me. Maybe, I am just totally different than everyone else. Maybe, I am not. :)hm

It was a comment meant for everyone. Why did you put "one" between quotes?

It‘s obvious that such a feeling is legitimate, I am just suggesting that it can be exasperated by both parties, depending upon how they react (this assumes the criticism is legitimate, that is).

I have a simple question for everyone crying about criticism in PIF...

Would YOU think it's ok to take an ASM #50 and offer two random TPB in return?

If the answer is "no" then I wouldn't be too worried, give it a try.

If the answer is "yes"...maybe staying out of the thread (and consider quitting the Boards) is your best option. (thumbs u

If the answer is "yes"...maybe staying out of the thread (and consider quitting the Boards) is your best option. (thumbs u

Sorry. I must have missed that situation when I went through this thread. I did not come across a situation where 2 random TPB were offered for ASM 50. Criticism n that case is well-deserved, nor would I consider making such an offer. So, sorry I won't be quitting the boards. I will go with your advice of giving it a try sometimes. All I am trying to do is illustrate that this can appear like a difficult thread to crack from the outside. I do not consider my input to be "crying." It was supposed to offer insight. I can tell that it is not appreciated, so I will stop. Hopefully, my next input on PIF will be taking, and then making, an offer.

I'm not replying to your post alone. Look back before yours and there seems to be a growing sentiment that the current offer isn't being claimed because of the criticism towards a few.

One of the few that was criticized did what you just said you can't imagine doing. Everyone knows the value of a nice ASM #300. If you really wanted it, claim it. Just use common sense and participate honestly with integrity and you should be fine. But to say people aren't claiming the offer because they're afraid of being criticized is meh

Everyone knows what is a BS follow up offer. Just be fair and no one will criticize you.

But people learn from their mistakes. You can't judge everyone. Just because you have a lot to offer and some don't doesn't mean they can't take something and offer what little they have in return. Not everyone has a comic shop at their diosal.

:eyeroll:

But people learn from their mistakes. You can't judge everyone. Just because you have a lot to offer and some don't doesn't mean they can't take something and offer what little they have in return. Not everyone has a comic shop at their diosal.

giphy.gif

I'm replying to your post alone. Look back before yours and there seems to be a growing sentiment that the current offer isn't being claimed because of the criticism towards a few.

One of the few that was criticized did what you just said you can't imagine doing. Everyone knows the value of a nice ASM #300. If you really wanted it, claim it. Just use common sense and participate honestly with integrity and you should be fine. But to say people aren't claiming the offer because they're afraid of being criticized is meh

Everyone knows what is a BS follow up offer. Just be fair and no one will criticize you.

Agreed. I understand that there is a certain spirit that needs to be maintained in offers ; otherwise, PIF deteriorates.

That is such a bs answer. If you don't have something to offer don't play. If you are not happy with your lot in life, you have no one to complain to but yourself.

That is such a bs answer. If you don't have something to offer don't play. If you are not happy with your lot in life, you have no one to complain to but yourself.

:acclaim:

I'm replying to your post alone. Look back before yours and there seems to be a growing sentiment that the current offer isn't being claimed because of the criticism towards a few.

Agreed. I understand that there is a certain spirit that needs to be maintained in offers ; otherwise, PIF deteriorates.

A few people have stated that they are afraid to play. Why would they lie? Why else is a "good offer" sitting there?

A few people have stated that they are afraid to play. Why would they lie? Why else is a "good offer" sitting there?

It is a good offer, but not everybody gets a half chub from spider-man (shrug)

It is a good offer, but not everybody gets a half chub from spider-man (shrug)

But the other option is equally good.

And honestly, I have no idea of the value of that ASM 300. In fact its presence after the Detective 164 (I think that is what it was) confuses me and I attribute that to my lack of knowledge of these books and my inability to grade/assign relative value accurately.

And Hector, I also meant to mention that your grading skill in spotting that area was amazing in itself. You have better eyesight than George Costanza.

I would also suggest that the continued presence of this offer, an offer I find to be awesome (Batman 1?), is further proof the thread works.

Where are all the JDs? We hear so much about this horrible species of poster who cannot wait to take advantage of the best offers and yet here is some of the ripest fruit available for picking and no JDs to be found.

The thread works.

PIF is strongest one their is!

And also note that when the drama stopped in the PIF comment thread interest stalled there as well. PIF is the flame for the drama moths as well as the JDs.

PIF is the Galapagos Islands of boardie animal diversity!

Sorry, I meant I'm NOT replying to your post alone.

I would also suggest that the continued presence of this offer, an offer I find to be awesome (Batman 1?), is further proof the thread works.

Where are all the JDs? We hear so much about this horrible species of poster who cannot wait to take advantage of the best offers and yet here is some of the ripest fruit available for picking and no JDs to be found.

The thread works.

PIF is strongest one their is!

And also note that when the drama stopped in the PIF comment thread interest stalled there as well. PIF is the flame for the drama moths as well as the JDs.

PIF is the Galapagos Islands of boardie animal diversity!

Bird, just....stop. Please.

Where are all of the donkeys?? The spotlight is ON the thread right now! The donkeys strike when the thread is quiet. They're not claiming the offer because they don't/can't/won't pony up with a fair offer and a lot of eyes are on the thread. You act like there aren't "junk donkeys" and it was all some sort of urban legend.