• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Have you not been following this thread? People commenting on the offers have prevented all kinds of BS, from shills trying to game the system, people flipping offers on eBay, and a whole host of JD shenanigans. The community policing this thread is an unfortunate necessity to keep things fair and honest.

Have you not been following this thread? People commenting on the offers have prevented all kinds of BS, from shills trying to game the system, people flipping offers on eBay, and a whole host of JD shenanigans. The community policing this thread is an unfortunate necessity to keep things fair and honest.

I agree that your intentions are good and I have read the thread a lot. I just don't agree with how it actually plays out and the many people that can't be trusted (give them opportunity to troll and people are publicly shamed - it isn't necessary).

Some of the things you mention above are shady, but some are within the rights of ownership and some are part of the system. :shrug:

I skipped the last 20 pages, does someone have any cliff notes ?

A couple money for money offers happened quickly, some debate about whether they fit the thread, last money offer from kav was scooped up and when the guy said he couldn't post his offers for a few hours he mentioned one would include an Incredible Hulk 377 3rd print in 9.4 which has a GPA avg of $240, kav vetoed it or said he intended to veto it, the guy rescinded then shadow images scooped up kav's $300 offer.

1fd289a808bfc29e806afaa25162b724.jpg

Wow, how times have changed. I tried discussing value maybe 200 posts ago and people came after me like I was Shrek with pitchforks *spoon*

Exactly and when others do it nothing happens.

You can slam my offers shortly Kav but a quick question. How do we factor in books that may be on the upswing. Is only current value applicable? I ask because in a short time you have completely turned this thread around and wanted to check in with you first.

Also, what are the values of the items I claimed from the communities point of view? I wanna make sure we dissect it to death first. Luckily I will add any cash differences to my offers depending on Kavs verdict

You can slam my offers shortly Kav but a quick question. How do we factor in books that may be on the upswing. Is only current value applicable? I ask because in a short time you have completely turned this thread around and wanted to check in with you first.

Also, what are the values of the items I claimed from the communities point of view? I wanna make sure we dissect it to death first. Luckily I will add any cash differences to my offers depending on Kavs verdict

Is this open to everyone or just Kav?

My only goal was fighting junk donkeys. This would give us a great tool to do that. legitimate offers/members have nothing to fear. Books on the upswing the community will know they are on the upswing. There is no need to dissect every offer. But if a JD offers something lame we can say hey you took a $200 item and are offering a $40 item. Then the previous giver won't feel pressure about using the veto.