• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Unless the *spoon* hits the fan then I will have my offers posted up tonight when I get home :)

:bump:

I hope there's some provocative foot shots involved. :wishluck:

vYQzn.gif

With all of this other stuff going on I can't believe anyone remembers that lol

This thread consistently finds new and exciting ways to suck.

Huzzah!!!

105si5.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

lol

I think we should all start posting sales threads in CG and calling them "community activity."

For sale: Iron Man #1 CGC 7.5 OW-W $475 (Community Activity)

I will trade you this book for money.

So technically, kav can veto any and all offers? Does that mean he can virtually kill the thread? Or can it be rebooted?

Anybody that has their offer claimed can veto "any and all offers".

What makes you think THIS is the end of the thread? ???

I didn't like the cash offers but I especially didn't like that there was no comic option offered money for comics isn't really a comic option . At least make some attempt to have a comic book related option or two

I don't own any comic books worth $175 (approximate cost of the statues) but liked the offer, wanted to participate and made sure the new offered value was adequate. I did say I would buy anything comic related for $250 on eBay as an option.

There is nothing in the rules preventing any of this.

:shrug:

So many people in this thread feel the need to post judgement on others when the thread is supposed to be all about "paying it forward." Your attitude and comment are unnecessary and disappointing.

I thought the eBay offer was awesome. If there was something on eBay I wanted I would've jumped on that

"Judgement", and you are probably thinking of personal judgement, has nothing to do with it.

Cash is not an offer. Here’s what the rules (agreed upon by the participants) say:

In turn, that person MUST offer a book(s) free to the next taker by posting on this thread, and so on, and so on. While it does not have to be of exact equal value of what you took, please offer quality book(s) that someone can appreciate.

So, while it has been generally intended that offers can contain mystery boxes, comics or movie-related items, etc. I think your offer is acceptable with the eBay part, but you should include a book or other kinds of stuff, not banknotes.

If you wanted a pair of these statues you could have just PMd Frank, which I am sure would be happy to find them at the best price for you.

I want to give this Batman book to Barth, but I did not claimed a gift for tech to see a follow up made of banknotes.

Personal judgement has nothing to do with this. I am judging a situation which I do not agree with.

If I may ask, what does the current drama have to do with Barth's claim? That was quite a few offers ago, so no matter how this goes, he still gets the book, right? It only reverts back to the previous offer, and there have been at least three since his.

So technically, kav can veto any and all offers? Does that mean he can virtually kill the thread? Or can it be rebooted?

Cash has entered the thread. Value is now known.

He can continue to veto any and all offers.

I'll repeat my question:

Do you have any indication that Kav is going to veto any and all offers?

I'll repeat my question:

The only thing remotely close to indicating Kav's veto is when somebody said Kav would offer up an AF 15 and veto all offers. I don't think Kav's comment should be taken literally, especially in this case, so I'm not sure why jaeldubyoo is bringing this up :shrug:

This thread consistently finds new and exciting ways to suck.

Huzzah!!!

105si5.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

lol

I think we should all start posting sales threads in CG and calling them "community activity."

For sale: Iron Man #1 CGC 7.5 OW-W $475 (Community Activity)

I will trade you this book for money.

[+]

A thread that is about trading comics in a structured fashion seems more like a marketplace thing. A thread that is about giving comics away to people who want them is more ok for comics general.

These threads have become hard to classify, but we can see that the INTENT of PIF was giving, and the intent of open trading is trading.

I understand why this is being pursued, because it addresses problems with the other system, but it does change the nature of the content.

[+]

Well, if that is what the thread has become, does it really belong in comics general anymore?

:whistle:

I'll repeat my question:

Perhaps I asked the wrong question using Kav as an example.There is no indication that he will do that. My apologies to Kav. It's more hypothetical, like a "what if" situation. My question is what's to stop somebody from claiming something and vetoing all offers continuously?