• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Seriously, cash has no place in this thread. Not only will it bring out the greedy (more so than it is now), it may shut the thread down. It's one thing to trade comics for comics, but you're engaging in selling when you offer up cash. It sets a dangerous precedent.

Money for good or goods for goods, both are financial transactions. There isn't a line to be crossed here nor is their some grand mod wizard on high waiting to pounce and destroy the thread.

Your statement laced with frustration and contempt is far more of a threat to the thread than my offer. Seriously, if people could just stop complaining and let the rules play out as designed without all the butt-hurt commentary, everything would be fine.

If anything doesn't have a place in this thread: it is your judgemental, unnecessary attitude.

Take a chill pill.

I don't see a problem with the money offer personally. People have offered Amazon gift card's in the past, myself included, and I don't remember there being any outrage over that. The only downside I could see to it is that it would make the thread quite a bit less exciting if it turned into a "sell it forward" Thread. But it does allow anyone to participate, the excuse my comic book collection is small does not apply, so that sort of a good thing right?

On the other hand the original art follow up Kav posted looked a little questionable to me but not being familiar with OA I didn't really want to comment. But since someone else confirmed it that was some pretty JD moves if the valuation talk is correct.

That's probably where the anger should be directed if it's true, taking $200 and offering up half in return.

I didn't like the cash offers but I especially didn't like that there was no comic option offered money for comics isn't really a comic option . At least make some attempt to have a comic book related option or two

I didn't like the cash offers but I especially didn't like that there was no comic option offered money for comics isn't really a comic option . At least make some attempt to have a comic book related option or two

I don't own any comic books worth $175 (approximate cost of the statues) but liked the offer, wanted to participate and made sure the new offered value was adequate. I did say I would buy anything comic related for $250 on eBay as an option.

There is nothing in the rules preventing any of this.

:shrug:

So many people in this thread feel the need to post judgement on others when the thread is supposed to be all about "paying it forward." Your attitude and comment are unnecessary and disappointing.

When Barth offered up the ASM 300 I strongly considered posting a cheapie drek book with some cash tucked inside and sticking out the top because I didn't have any comic options to offer that I felt would merit taking the ASM 300. Ultimately I decided against it, but I really did consider it. Guess I'm glad I didn't do that now.

I don't own any comic books worth $175 (approximate cost of the statues) but liked the offer, wanted to participate and made sure the new offered value was adequate. I did say I would buy anything comic related for $250 on eBay as an option.

So many people in this thread feel the need to post judgement on others when the thread is supposed to be all about "paying it forward." Your attitude and comment are unnecessary and disappointing.

I thought the eBay offer was awesome. If there was something on eBay I wanted I would've jumped on that

I thought the eBay offer was awesome. If there was something on eBay I wanted I would've jumped on that

¡Gracias!

I really thought someone would choose the eBay comic related option, there is literally thousands of choices!

I too was interested in Barth's offer, I even had him look over one of them to see if I was on the right track with value and interest and stuff. But after that I didn't pull the trigger quick enough. (shrug)

Nevertheless, now I've got two offers ready to go for when I see something I want! A $150 + ish offer and a $200+ offer.

Now I must play the waiting game. :wishluck:

"Judgement", and you are probably thinking of personal judgement, has nothing to do with it.

Cash is not an offer. Here’s what the rules (agreed upon by the participants) say:

In turn, that person MUST offer a book(s) free to the next taker by posting on this thread, and so on, and so on. While it does not have to be of exact equal value of what you took, please offer quality book(s) that someone can appreciate.

So, while it has been generally intended that offers can contain mystery boxes, comics or movie-related items, etc. I think your offer is acceptable with the eBay part, but you should include a book or other kinds of stuff, not banknotes.

If you wanted a pair of these statues you could have just PMd Frank, which I am sure would be happy to find them at the best price for you.

I want to give this Batman book to Barth, but I did not claimed a gift for tech to see a follow up made of banknotes.

Personal judgement has nothing to do with this. I am judging a situation which I do not agree with.

Seriously, cash has no place in this thread. Not only will it bring out the greedy (more so than it is now), it may shut the thread down. It's one thing to trade comics for comics, but you're engaging in selling when you offer up cash. It sets a dangerous precedent.

Money for good or goods for goods, both are financial transactions. There isn't a line to be crossed here nor is their some grand mod wizard on high waiting to pounce and destroy the thread.

Your statement laced with anger, frustration and contempt is far more of a threat to the thread than my offer. Seriously, if people could just stop complaining and let the rules play out as designed without all the butt-hurt commentary, everything would be fine.

If anything doesn't have a place in this thread: it is your judgemental, unnecessary attitude.

Take a chill pill.

And reading this post from jaeldubyoo as a "statement laced with anger" makes you wonder if you were actually reading or just replying by impulse. You should show me where the anger is in these words.