• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

That answers my question. There is nothing to stop someone from being a total to bring this thread to s standstill.

Player A posts something.

Player B takes it

Player C Posts and B vetos

Player D posts and B vetos

Player E posts and B vetos

Player A says screw this and vetos Player B and the thread moves on.

That answers my question. There is nothing to stop someone from being a total to bring this thread to s standstill.
Player A posts something.Player B takes itPlayer C Posts and B vetosPlayer D posts and B vetosPlayer E posts and B vetosPlayer A says screw this and vetos Player B and the thread moves on.

http://giphy.com/gifs/netflix-first-day-of-camp-wet-hot-american-summer-4uYDcwTVujCakHow' far back can that really go?

Player A posts something.Player B takes itPlayer C Posts and B vetosPlayer D posts and B vetosPlayer E posts and B vetosPlayer A says screw this and vetos Player B and the thread moves on.

http://giphy.com/gifs/netflix-first-day-of-camp-wet-hot-american-summer-4uYDcwTVujCakHow' far back can that really go?

:roflmao:That kid was hysterical in that show!Carry on. :popcorn:

right now Player A ships when B has an offer claimed. All that's needed to fix the problem being discussed is to change it so Payer A doesn't ship until it's confirmed player B doesn't veto when his offer is claimed.What's confusing?Still I don't think it's even necessary.

right now Player A ships when B has an offer claimed. All that's needed to fix the problem being discussed is to change it so Payer A doesn't ship until it's confirmed player B doesn't veto when his offer is claimed.What's confusing?Still I don't think it's even necessary.

You can also use common sense. I try not to post my offers until my take it has been acknowledged and accepted. Similarly, if I am on the hot seat I check in often to make sure all is going as smoothly as possible.

Basically do not make assumptions and just relax. Discussion does not have to = butthurt.

You can also use common sense. I try not to post my offers until my take it has been acknowledged and accepted. Similarly, if I am on the hot seat I check in often to make sure all is going as smoothly as possible.

Basically do not make assumptions and just relax. Discussion does not have to = butthurt.

Or there could be no discussion because it does not add any value whatsoever.

This is how it should work:

1) The posted offer is taken (in the time allotted) and someone posts their offer

-or-

2) No one takes it (in the time allotted) and it reverts back to the previous offer

The problem with the thread is the people adding all the comments on the offers. All the discussion on the offers does not add any value, change the process or help anyone.

Quit trying to make more rules. It's either going to work or it's not. This is what's wrong with the world. Too many people trying to regulate things to death.

Not sure if you are directing that comment at me directly, but if so I did say (twice) I didn't think new rules were even necessary, after proposing how the issue being discussed could be resolved in theory.

That said, things like this don't just work or not work. It's a game and games are defined by their rules. It's not regulation for the sake of controlling peoples actions, it's setting the parameters that must be followed in order to have fair play of the game for all participants. Without the rules it would be like tossing a ball in the middle of an NFL field and saying "figure it out".

But as previously stated, in this case I don't believe new rules are necessary, as there is no issue that needs fixing.

Quit trying to make more rules. It's either going to work or it's not. This is what's wrong with the world. Too many people trying to regulate things to death.

Not sure if you are directing that comment at me directly, but if so I did say (twice) I didn't think new rules were even necessary, after proposing how the issue being discussed could be resolved in theory.

That said, things like this don't just work or not work. It's a game and games are defined by their rules. It's not regulation for the sake of controlling peoples actions, it's setting the parameters that must be followed in order to have fair play of the game for all participants. Without the rules it would be like tossing a ball in the middle of an NFL field and saying "figure it out".

But as previously stated, in this case I don't believe new rules are necessary, as there is no issue that needs fixing.

Not directed at anyone in particular. The thread has rules. When it does not move quick enough people get restless and start to over analyze things.

The offer either gets taken in its alotted time or it does not. If the person who has veto rights doesn't like whats being offer sack up and say it. Like I said, it either works it self out or it doesn't. There has just been a lot of people wanting to add more rules lately.

hm

1) The posted offer is taken (in the time allotted) and someone posts their offer

-or-

2) No one takes it (in the time allotted) and it reverts back to the previous offer

The problem with the thread is the people adding all the comments on the offers. All the discussion on the offers does not add any value, change the process or help anyone.

I agree in theory but we live in the real world and need terms to be operationalized and defined as things change. PIF's strength is in the community of the thread, not the offers. Civility should be improved, but discussion should be encouraged to keep it fair. The discussion has been encouraged to move to the discussion thread but it just doesn't happen in this thread. Maybe that is why PIF is strongest one there is among the "community exchange" threads. Bang your head on the wall or adapt and move on.

Not directed at anyone in particular. The thread has rules. When it does not move quick enough people get restless and start to over analyze things.

The offer either gets taken in its alotted time or it does not. If the person who has veto rights doesn't like whats being offer sack up and say it. Like I said, it either works it self out or it doesn't. There has just been a lot of people wanting to add more rules lately.

Like the trading thread.

Yes, the rules are generally working. The veto power is not in the rules but is an example of how things have changed to keep the thread alive

Like the trading thread.

If someone puts a trading thread in mixed marketplace I imagine it might see some action. PIF has some charm that such a thread would likely lack though. There is something about the frequently changing offers and "who knows what is coming next" quality of PIF that I enjoy. It has an elegant charm and its' simplicity breeds unexpected progeny. Kinda like a mosh pit. (Do they still have those?)

-or-

I agree in theory but we live in the real world and need terms to be operationalized and defined as things change. PIF's strength is in the community of the thread, not the offers. Civility should be improved, but discussion should be encouraged to keep it fair. The discussion has been encouraged to move to the discussion thread but it just doesn't happen in this thread. Maybe that is why PIF is strongest one there is among the "community exchange" threads. Bang your head on the wall or adapt and move on.

You are adding qualifications to substantiate your point of view that aren't rooted in merit.

People making comments about the offers themselves does not change the process and the public shaming of people is not succes criteria I would assign "the strongest thread in the community exchange."

We live in the real world and the terms are already defined, you are just giving trolls the right to denigrate one another. Now if we just let the offers speak for themselves and kept the banter for humor purposes to keep the thread bumped (and not on the offers themselves) the thread would be far better off.

Like the trading thread.

If someone puts a trading thread in mixed marketplace I imagine it might see some action. PIF has some charm that such a thread would likely lack though. There is something about the frequently changing offers and "who knows what is coming next" quality of PIF that I enjoy. It has an elegant charm and its' simplicity breeds unexpected progeny. Kinda like a mosh pit. (Do they still have those?)

hm

Nine Dead At Pearl Jam Concert

Mosh pit tragedy at Denmark's Roskilde Festival

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nine-dead-at-pearl-jam-concert-20000817

(RIP PJ fans :( )