• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun Comics #52 For Sale!! 1st App. The Spectre SOLD!!

28 posts in this topic

SOLD!!

Another book from the original owner collection that surfaced recently here in New England. Resto free goodness.

13535.jpg

More Fun Comics #52 Origin/1st Appearance of The Spectre.

Cover has great depth to colors, not faded. Cover is detached, split all but 2" (bottom of top staple to middle of windows), obvious color loss in logo (with tear) & bottom edge/spine area and small areas of missing paper bottom edge/spine, tear from spine to Spectre cape, 3/4" right edge tear. Pages are cream with some cream to offwhite but not brittle at all. Back cover stains as shown. Cover is detached cleanly(no missing paper at staple locations) and you can still see the two parts on the back cover that were underneath the staple(impression in paper)- could be reattached by tucking paper back under? Fortunately the paper loss doesn't affect Spectre image. $7800 includes shipping in US, PM for International quote.

13535bc.jpg

13535-2.jpg

13535-3.jpg

13535-4.jpg

13535-5.jpg

13535-6.jpg

Front cover scan

Back cover scan

A much rougher looking Fair with brittle pages sold HERE recently, and prior to that THIS Fair sold as well with tan to offwhite pages, glue on cover & tape on cover.

Thanks Dave!

To answer a couple of questions, the staples are super clean(no rust) inside and at the centerfold, and no, the Batman #1 I posted about elsewhere on the boards tonight is not from the same collection! (thumbs u

Some staple and interior cover related pics...

There is a micro dot of discoloration on one, I don't think it's rust, just a discoloration spot that is also on paper. It's tough to see the details with this camera($200+ of crappiness :frustrated: ) and it makes it look worse than it is.

13535-7.jpg

13535-8.jpg

Centerfold- any dark spots are just shadow, the staples are super clean

13535-9.jpg

Pics of inside covers without the pages, small spot lower center not tape

13535-10.jpg

What a beautiful comic. It presents very well for what is a technical lower grade. I would be inclined not to restore it and simply get a Xerox cover copy as a wrap/dust jacket around the comic. The interior pages look great.

Awesome book! What other goodies do you have for us poor folk?

Man, Andrew, this had to be an AMAZING collection to look through! I can't believe the books you're pulling from this one. Any chance you'll be at the Plainville show this Sunday?

Right now I do not have any more books from this collection, the first batch are all sold and this is a one book lot. Will there be more?

:wishluck:

What other goodies do you have for us poor folk?

Will there be more?

Answering a question with a question is a time honored conversational technique (thumbs u

What other goodies do you have for us poor folk?

Will there be more?

Answering a question with a question is a time honored conversational technique (thumbs u

Really?