• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Largest $$$ Transaction On This Board?

48 posts in this topic

Mr. Bedrock's purchase of cheetah's top rated Weird Science registry set for $42K (thread is here

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5800737#Post5800737 )

had me wondering what the largest - in dollars - single transaction has been which was conducted on this board. Have there been six figure deals here? Curious as to the history.

Thanks.

Where buyer and seller were public as was the purchase, I think this was the largest.

I'm sure other bigger ones have happened initiated by the boards but done offline.

Filter 81 had a couple big sales. I think esquire posted his CGC 9.2 Showcase 4 for $100,000 as well as his Mad #1 CGC 9.8

I don't remember any unrestored of the GA big 5 (6 - cap1?) being sold here in the past 5 years+ Or any AF 15 above 7.0

I remember a bunch of pre-Robin Tecs about 5 - 6 years ago... the rest is vague.

Wasn't an Action 1 sold here?

4.5 for $500,000 by esquire?

Or was it a member that just posted a thread about it. hm

If I recall, I think Filter81 sold a Cap #2 9.2 copy here on the Boards for $102,000.00 a couple of years ago.

Might need some verification from other Board members, since I am now retired and considered old & feeble. :ohnoez: .

Adam's Cap sold in an auction for $92K I think.

I believe that the biggest sale here was GAtor's run of pre Robin Detectives. I think #27-37 went in one fell swoop.

I believe they were just shy of $90K or $100K.

It was about 4 years ago, I think.

Probably a few in the NOYDB catagory. :whistle:

Oh, there are plenty of big deals that go on between board members.

I think they're just talking about the ones there are FS threads about.

NGMYOFB.

:blush:

I kinda wished I'd taken it to pm. I'll know better next time.

Thank you for being open on the sale it realy makes me happy to see such things happen I can only dream of .

You made my month thanks !

:)

Probably a few in the NOYDB catagory. :whistle:

Oh, there are plenty of big deals that go on between board members.

I think they're just talking about the ones there are FS threads about.

NGMYOFB.

:blush:

I thought most of the big deals between board members typically involved vegetable oil and candles, are you claiming they also include comics :o