• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

I was also in at 9:02, my picks are below (in order from first to last).

Marriott Marquis

Hard Rock

Hilton Gaslamp

Omni

Hilton Bayfront

Marriott Gaslamp

Best of luck to everyone, hope we all get our first choice!

Got in at 9:02 with the same choices as well. My middle 4 were in a different order though.

Did they only allow max 6 this year? I think that wouldn't work out well for a lot of folks. Because my informal polling of about 10 shows that those hotels right next to the con have significant overlap and the fastest submission times all seem to be about 2 min.

I was also in at 9:02, my picks are below (in order from first to last).

Marriott Marquis

Hard Rock

Hilton Gaslamp

Omni

Hilton Bayfront

Marriott Gaslamp

Best of luck to everyone, hope we all get our first choice!

Got in at 9:02 with the same choices as well. My middle 4 were in a different order though.

Did they only allow max 6 this year? I think that wouldn't work out well for a lot of folks. Because my informal polling of about 10 shows that those hotels right next to the con have significant overlap and the fastest submission times all seem to be about 2 min.

They only allowed 6 at all, that was the min and max. I think some people would only. Put two before and get their submission in really quickly. While others would put 12 and not get any of their choices because it took longer to pick 12.

Yikes! Just received my hotel confirmation. I received Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside. 5 miles away and a 40 minute shuttle commute. Damn. It'll work, but far from the scenario I wanted. Sure hope my buddy got something better since we both tried our luck and we'll book the better of the two.

Yikes! Just received my hotel confirmation. I received Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside. 5 miles away and a 40 minute shuttle commute. Damn. It'll work, but far from the scenario I wanted. Sure hope my buddy got something better since we both tried our luck and we'll book the better of the two.

Was it on your list or are they randomly assigning if you don't get the hotel on your list?

Was it on your list or are they randomly assigning if you don't get the hotel on your list?

No, it was not on my list. But I did check the "book me anywhere on the shuttle route" box if none of my six hotels were available. So if the six are not available they must have some system for how hotels are assigned after that.

Got my reservation confirmation as well this morning. Wow, that was fast!

Quick fingers got me my first choice again, Marriott Marquis.

:acclaim:

Makes my life so much easier being right next to con.

NIce job Dre, I missed out on the Omni, But will be next door at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. :banana:

Got my reservation confirmation as well this morning. Wow, that was fast!

Quick fingers got me my first choice again, Marriott Marquis.

:acclaim:

Makes my life so much easier being right next to con.

NIce job Dre, I missed out on the Omni, But will be next door at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. :banana:

I know a lot of exhibitors are at the Omni, so I'm sure the attendee room allotment was limited.

I'm staying at the Manchester Grand, where we stayed two years ago.

I preferred the Marriott last year as an exhibitor but since I'm just spectatin' this year the Hyatt will do just fine, in fact I prefer it. It's a little more open than the Marriott.

Is Sunday's a usually 'I can kind of miss day'?

It depends on who you ask. But from my personal experience going the last 20 years? If you are looking to pick through the books, they have been well picked through by the last day. However you are more likely to get a great deal on Sunday. There are many great panels anbd presentations all day long on Sunday, just like the other days. My problem with Sunday is that I am almost broke by then, or have seen all I want to see. So it all depends on you. But overall I'd say Sunday is just as valid as any other day of the con.

It depends on who you ask. But from my personal experience going the last 20 years? If you are looking to pick through the books, they have been well picked through by the last day. However you are more likely to get a great deal on Sunday. There are many great panels anbd presentations all day long on Sunday, just like the other days. My problem with Sunday is that I am almost broke by then, or have seen all I want to see. So it all depends on you. But overall I'd say Sunday is just as valid as any other day of the con.

Thanks.

For me, I just want to get the exclusives which will be the Thursday & Friday. But my co-worker wants to see the panels. I'm coming from NY and want to be back before work on Monday. Eh..

You can also have walkins and unexpected things pop up.

I agree, Sunday is the same as any other day.

Thanks.

For me, I just want to get the exclusives which will be the Thursday & Friday. But my co-worker wants to see the panels. I'm coming from NY and want to be back before work on Monday. Eh..

Sunday is kids day, with much of the programing specifically geared towards children.