• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No new DC movies till 2015

32 posts in this topic

sounds worse than it is really, 2012 DKR, 2013 Superman MOS, 2014 Nothing, 2015 probabily a few films so a 1 year gap? i'll survive with the animated straight to Blu-Ray films for a year

I'm not optimistic :(
I think that's what everyone here would be worried about.

Wouldn't WB/DC be worried about falling behind on Marvel with their movies making $$$$ (shrug)

It's a lot bigger then that, WB just had their 2 biggest cash cows, Harry Potter and now the Nolan Batman movies wrapped up in consecutive years. They have the Hobbit but that's about it in the future in terms of guaranteed blockbuster movies. Gonna have to go back to the think tank quick and come up with some quality ideas which hopefully means better comic movies in the future with their DC properties.

Wouldn't WB/DC be worried about falling behind on Marvel with their movies making $$$$ (shrug)

[font:Book Antiqua]I am a DC guy,

now if they make money or not

I give a rat ...[/font]

:whatev:

IGN

Good,bad,don't care?

I think WB may be getting ready to do something what Marvel is doing with their movies.

Usually it takes a little time and planning to put out a quality production.

Hopefully they get their act together.

IGN

Good,bad,don't care?

I think WB may be getting ready to do something what Marvel is doing with their movies.

[font:Book Antiqua]Hey Roy, you should be sleeping or setting your booth...[/font]

:baiting:

IGN

Good,bad,don't care?

[font:Book Antiqua]Hey Roy, you should be sleeping or setting your booth...[/font]

:baiting:

I'm lulling myself back to sleep with all the whining on the boards.

:whistle:

[font:Book Antiqua]I am a DC guy,

now if they make money or not

I give a rat ...[/font]

:whatev:

i too am a "DC guy"

i hope they make money though, just so they keep bringing them out and stop rebooting them all the time, why can't they do a James Bond and change the actor without rebooting the whole franchise? they seem to want to re-tell the whole origin after every bad film instead of moving on and saving themselves needless character development

Superman Returns

Green Lantern

Jonah Hex

Catwoman

Makes me happy that DC will take their time with their next movie franchise, and hopefully give us fans a quality film to be proud of. 2015 is also the year of the Avengers rumored sequel so hopefully whatever they have planned doesn't get eclipsed by that.

IGN

Good,bad,don't care?

DC really doesn`t have many characters that would translate well into live action films. If you think about it they have been carried all these years by the Superman and Batman universes,while they had success with Green Lantern comics they blundered the live-action movie. Other than Swamp Thing and a few Vertigo characters what DC characters would be successful at the box office? Do people really think Aquaman or Hawkman would do 100 million at the box office? It doesn`t seem likely. They are better off concentrating on more Superman and Batman movies. 2c

I'm guess nothing short of coming up with some interesting characters can/will save DC comic movies.

Yeah, I agree - but even then, would it convert people from the movie to their other media offerings (comics, trades, etc) with the same character?

Even the Batman films - which are great - didn't get me buying Batman-related products and comics. I'm just too entrenched into the Marvel Universe. Even as a kid, I preferred Moon Knight over Batman. I don't think one new, interesting character is going to get me to mentally invest in the DC Universe. I think that's DCs underlying fatal flaw - it's very difficult to get people to cross over.

What happened with the Lobo movie?

Back in 2008 they announced it and it never came about. I found this quote by Viggo Mortenson who had signed on to play the lead role:

"I know a lot of people won’t believe this, but I actually became quite the comic fan while shooting the Lord of the Rings movies. I read everything from Lobo to Grendel, The Watchmen, Transmetropolitan… there wasn’t much else to do between takes! And a lot of these guys were really into that… I actually would’ve liked to do the Watchmen movie, too, I’m a big Alan Moore fan, but the timing just didn’t work out. When the offer to do Lobo came around, I could not in good conscience pass it up. Lobo is a real challenge, there’s a depth there, behind all the… carnage. It’s actually not at all dissimilar to my character in Eastern Promises in that regard.”

What happened with the Lobo movie?

Back in 2008 they announced it and it never came about. I found this quote by Viggo Mortenson who had signed on to play the lead role:

"I know a lot of people won’t believe this, but I actually became quite the comic fan while shooting the Lord of the Rings movies. I read everything from Lobo to Grendel, The Watchmen, Transmetropolitan… there wasn’t much else to do between takes! And a lot of these guys were really into that… I actually would’ve liked to do the Watchmen movie, too, I’m a big Alan Moore fan, but the timing just didn’t work out. When the offer to do Lobo came around, I could not in good conscience pass it up. Lobo is a real challenge, there’s a depth there, behind all the… carnage. It’s actually not at all dissimilar to my character in Eastern Promises in that regard.”

I am still waiting for Tyrese to play Luke Cage Powerman.

TYRESE to play Powerman

I just want a Wonder Woman movie that doesn't suck. Is that too much to ask?

Put me down for a Wonder Woman that does suck. :luhv: