• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

1,012 posts in this topic

Agreed, no one should compare this to Avengers. They are entirely different movies.

I did break down and cry at the end. Watching Alfred "burry" Bruce really did it in for me. I also love how they tied all three movies together. And of course, Robin. That was really clever.

Edit; holy mother of typos Batman. Now I know to never use an iPad on the boards.

Thanks for the spoiler alert.

D: ack, I'm so sorry!

:baiting:

Hello my beloved Greggy!

:cloud9:

On the Dark Knight Rises special addition DVD, I'm hearing that the viewer will be able to select alternate Bane voices. Apparently, the special addition Bane voice choices are: Gilbert Gottfried, Joe Pesci and Chris Tucker.

Can't you American's understand Bane's English accent? Maybe they will add Bane subtitles for you on the DVD lol

Sometimes you guys can't understand each other.

Can't you American's understand Bane's English accent? Maybe they will add Bane subtitles for you on the DVD lol

Sometimes you guys can't understand each other.

I jest, i jest. I love my American friends. Now those crazy canucks on the other hand :fear:

Seeing it again in about an hour...man this movie really delivered for me :) I really was expecting to be let down as I was never a huge fan of the knightfall series, and this just screamed knightfall to me when they were filming; also the fact that Ledger died and they coldn't use Joker(changed all their plans and scripts) I thought they would just throw some crud together put Batman on it and call it a day! I loved how they brought the first movie in and tied them all together...I honestly don't know which movie was the best to me! That is a rare thing to say in this day and age!

Unless I missed something. Isnt Robins real name Grayson? So why would the lady say i like your real name....Robin? Or was there another Robin that was actually named Robin. Im so confused

Unless I missed something. Isnt Robins real name Grayson? So why would the lady say i like your real name....Robin? Or was there another Robin that was actually named Robin. Im so confused

There have been several Robins. Personally, I don't expect them to follow continuity. This is a very believable Robin angle to me.

No Robins were actually named Robin.

I'm assuming they make his real name Robin because it is more recognizable by non-comic fans. If I didn't know who Grayson, or Tim Drake etc were than I wouldn't make the connection.

I just saw it...WOW what an awesome movie!

They say its the last one, but there was quite a bit left hanging.

Also I was surprised to see Dr. Crane playing a part. I wasnt expecting much from Hathaway, but she played the part rather well! It was also surprising how minimal screen time we actually saw Batman.

I just saw it...WOW what an awesome movie!

... how minimal screen time we actually saw Batman.

I think the director, Christopher Nolan, was trying to emphasize how human Batman/Bruce Wayne, Selina Kyle, Bane, and Talia al Ghul all were compared to Superman, Green Lantern, Thor, or Spider-man. So many tear jerking scenes, literally. Entire cast was strong; well acted. Great soundtrack but overall Dark Knight 2 was better for me. :acclaim: For the non-comic book fans, they may prefer the Batman origin story with leader :headbang: Ra's al Ghul in Dark Knight 1 the best of the 3.

Went to a sold out IMAX showing at 10:30 AM.

I liked it but...SPOILERS BELOW :ohnoez:

Batman would never quit ever.

Alfred would never leave Bruce ever.

These kinds of character things bother me.

I didnt like it when he let Ra's die in the first one. He would have tried to save him.

I did like the hopeful ending and would like to see the next chapter with this cast. The could go international with the team in the next one.

I'm smarter than Batman because I figured out the rope thing after the first time a guy failed to do it. I should never feel smarter than Batman.

I give Avengers an A and this a solid B and will probably see it again. I saw Avengers twice as well.

Amazing Spider-man was a D...if that and I probably wont ever watch it again.

Went to a sold out IMAX showing at 10:30 AM.

I liked it but...SPOILERS BELOW :ohnoez:

Batman would never quit ever.

Alfred would never leave Bruce ever.

These kinds of character things bother me.

I didnt like it when he let Ra's die in the first one. He would have tried to save him.

I did like the hopeful ending and would like to see the next chapter with this cast. The could go international with the team in the next one.

I'm smarter than Batman because I figured out the rope thing after the first time a guy failed to do it. I should never feel smarter than Batman.

I give Avengers an A and this a solid B and will probably see it again. I saw Avengers twice as well.

Amazing Spider-man was a D...if that and I probably wont ever watch it again.

Alfred left in Venom....Batman retired pretty much when Grayson took over as Batman

Alfred left in Venom....Batman retired pretty much when Grayson took over as Batman

Just because it happened in the comic doesn't mean anything. I probably would have found it was out of character in the comic too had I read it.

I have only read a few Batman comics, mainly the hits. I'm not a huge Batman fan. I actually prefer the animated series to any of the movies.

Just because it happened in the comic doesn't mean anything. I probably would have found it was out of character in the comic too had I read it.

I have only read a few Batman comics, mainly the hits. I'm not a huge Batman fan. I actually prefer the animated series to any of the movies.

isn't the character what they tell us it is though?

I have thought for a long time that Batman: TAS is the best representation of Batman ever on any screen.