• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

1,012 posts in this topic

Incredible movie. I personally liked it more than the Dark Knight. Bane was very well done, and the movie was nothing short of amazing. Just like the previous movies, I loved the soundtrack.

I NEVER do this, but I want to see it again and will probably go again within a week.

I'm usually pretty cynical about comic book movies, but this was the best comic book movie ever made for me.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

The Superman trailer before the movie was awesome. I can't wait for this, just because Nolan is involved with it.

I loved all of the fights scenes. The first fight scene felt like Batman 497, but better. Bane saying that he's going to break Batman was the best part.

The whole prison thing was awesome. I liked that the prison had a more Arabian feel to it, and felt like something that would do with Ras. The origin of Talia and Bane was great. The Ras and Scarecrow appearances were awesome. Referencing Batman Begins with Ras was well done. I don't know why I didn't think of Talia, when they mentioned Ras having a child.

I don't know why I didn't think of Talia from the start (especially since I bought Det 411 weeks ago thinking she was going to be in it), but when I saw that Bane and Batman were fighting with (what would be) Talia behind them, I finally put it together right before the knife. Bane being with Talia bought me kind of back to Batman 700, when Bane came back with the intention of marrying Talia.

I kept thinking that the cop played by Levitt was going to be Azrael due to rumors, but Robin was an awesome twist, that I loved. Robin is usually weak and campy, but this was very well executed.

The ending was amazing! I kept thinking of the golden rule in movies, that if there isn't a body, the person isn't dead, and thankfully I was right. I honestly thought that when Alfred nodded, that it would end before we would saw Bruce (kind of an Inception ending).

But for real, it was so good. So so so so good. My only gripe was not understanding some of what Bane was saying.

Yup. Big problem. Lou and I kept turning to each other to ask each other what he had said.

Bale nailed it. Nolan nailed it.

The movie was epic. We had to sit kind of close to the screen so it made it difficult to absorb initially but I am thinking that this movie will actually appeal better with a second showing. It was intricate, layered, deep, evasive, provocative and thought provoking.

Nolan took a lot of shots at a lot of current affairs that we are dealing with and made us think about them.

If you're looking for Superheroes go watch Avengers.

If you're looking for a mystery thriller with a guy who dresses up in a cape once in a while and is called the Dark Knight, this is for you.

The word EPIC comes to mind every time I think about the movie. I can't wait to see it again so that I can better assess it.

But for real, it was so good. So so so so good. My only gripe was not understanding some of what Bane was saying.

Yup. Big problem. Lou and I kept turning to each other to ask each other what he had said.

Bale nailed it. Nolan nailed it.

The movie was epic. We had to sit kind of close to the screen so it made it difficult to absorb initially but I am thinking that this movie will actually appeal better with a second showing. It was intricate, layered, deep, evasive, provocative and thought provoking.

Nolan took a lot of shots at a lot of current affairs that we are dealing with and made us think about them.

If you're looking for Superheroes go watch Avengers.

If you're looking for a mystery thriller with a guy who dresses up in a cape once in a while and is called the Dark Knight, this is for you.

The word EPIC comes to mind every time I think about the movie. I can't wait to see it again so that I can better assess it.

ok your review convinced me to go see this sooner than later. I think I will try to check ot out today. (thumbs u

One thing I will say about this movie is that you cannot compare it to the Avengers.

They are completely different movies. I've noticed on some boards, especially IMDB going to lengths comparing it to the Avengers, wrong thing to do. You might as well compare the Godfather to the Italian Job.

I did like the film and I will give it 9/10 or 4.5/5 depending on what scale your using.

Bane's voice does go in and out, some things you can hear clearly, others you can't. One person said he sounded like Sean Connery, yes he did, in the very first scene and he never sounded like that again. Which makes me think that Hardy honed the voice more and more, maybe they should have gone and redubbed certain scenes.

Hathaway was excellent in the role and I felt she captured the Catwoman character from more recent series then the Batman Returns Elseworld Catwoman character by Pffeifer.

Bale's voice was better presented here then in TDK, I always felt he got it right in BB and they did something digitally in TDK to make it gruffer which turned out not so great.

Definately can see elements of No Mans Land and Knightfall at work here, the first fight scene with Bane was just brutal and depicted much better then in Knightfall. Knightfall Batman just had no energy and was dealt with quickly, TDKR you felt Batman putting every ounce of his being behind every punch.

Its a masterpiece of story telling, the finale I loved, I liked how it was all neatly tied up to make the "perfect" trilogy IMO.

I do have my nitpicks, its overly long and I felt it dragged a little in the first half. Where as Batman Begins flowed and kept you entertained and interested in the movie until Batman finally makes an appearance, TDKR failed to do the same. There is alot of story to tell here but it could have used a little trimming and still had the same effect.

However, they make up for that with the last half hour or so which is highly enjoyable.

I have never liked the redesign cowl they implemented in TDK, I always prefered the one from BB. This one always made Bales face squashed.

There is not one bad acting moment in here whatsoever, everyone has their story, they all do their part extremely well and come to a satisfying end.

The Avengers was a fun, comic book, action, popcorn flick with humour thrown in, don't go into TDKR expecting the same experience. This is a lovingly shot, well executed, well written, well directed, DARK movie with alot to take in and think about.

James Gordon talked of escalation and thats what happened from BB > TDK > TDKR.

I doub't there will ever be three films made based on a comic book character that can match these again. I will be seeing this movie again.

9/10

The word EPIC still comes to mind. Also enigmatic.

Still love it the next day and can't wait to see it again.

It was also a real tear jerker in a few spots. I found myself choking up several times.

They've also set up the future with this movie. Someone at DC is taking notes from Marvel's movies finally.

Job well done to Nolan who finished the trilogy off almost seamlessly tying it all together. It's almost difficult to believe that it wasn't scripted 8 years ago.

The image of a present with a perfect bow finishing it off comes to mind.

Definately can see elements of No Mans Land and Knightfall at work here, the first fight scene with Bane was just brutal and depicted much better then in Knightfall. Knightfall Batman just had no energy and was dealt with quickly, TDKR you felt Batman putting every ounce of his being behind every punch.

The fight was brutal. I was really feeling for Bats and although I am not ver well versed in Bane mythology I am now dying to read everything about him.

Did you notice when they unveiled the statue at the end that it was almost a nod toward's Miller's Batman? The shoulders were very wide and square from the top down view and it reminded me of Miller's DKR immediately.

I have never liked the redesign cowl they implemented in TDK, I always prefered the one from BB. This one always made Bales face squashed.

I kept thinking the same thing over and over.

Also, I am unsure about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. I was too much trying to push Pfeiffer out of my mind during the movie. We'll see upon second viewing how I feel about her. I just didn't find her very "sultry" and "dirty" the way a catwoman should be.

She is a little to charming and innocent for me.

Agreed, no one should compare this to Avengers. They are entirely different movies.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.

I did break down and cry at the end. Watching Alfred "burry" Bruce really did it in for me. I also love how they tied all three movies together. And of course, Robin. That was really clever.

Edit; holy mother of typos Batman. Now I know to never use an iPad on the boards.

Agreed, no one should compare this to Avengers. They are entirely different movies.

I did break down and cry at the end. Watching Alfred "burry" Bruce really did it in for me. I also love how they tied all three movies together. And of course, Robin. That was really clever.

Edit; holy mother of typos Batman. Now I know to never use an iPad on the boards.

Thanks for the spoiler alert.

The fight was brutal. I was really feeling for Bats and although I am not ver well versed in Bane mythology I am now dying to read everything about him.

Did you notice when they unveiled the statue at the end that it was almost a nod toward's Miller's Batman? The shoulders were very wide and square from the top down view and it reminded me of Miller's DKR immediately.

I kept thinking the same thing over and over.

Also, I am unsure about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. I was too much trying to push Pfeiffer out of my mind during the movie. We'll see upon second viewing how I feel about her. I just didn't find her very "sultry" and "dirty" the way a catwoman should be.

She is a little to charming and innocent for me.

I think Pfeiffer's Catwoman was supposed to be kind of...insane. I mean, she had the cat obsession going on. Hathaway's Catwoman title wasn't even mentioned in the movie--I don't seem to recall anyone actually saying the name "Catwoman". As the viewer, we know that she is supposed to be the Catwoman character as she is the attractive, agile, thief-type...but they didn't make her cat crazy. Hathway's Catwoman is more realistic while Pfeiffer's Catwoman was more comic book true.

D: ack, I'm so sorry!

:baiting:

Hello my beloved Greggy!

Hello my beloved Greggy!

<3