• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poyo #1

98 posts in this topic

People do get carried away. A quick search would have told the buyer he could have gotten it for near cover price. Why pay $7 more than you have to?

i think people get a competitive tunnel vision mentality. someone bids them up, and they feel they have to bid back.

People do get carried away. A quick search would have told the buyer he could have gotten it for near cover price. Why pay $7 more than you have to?

i think people get a competitive tunnel vision mentality. someone bids them up, and they feel they have to bid back.

I'll see your 2¢ & raise you 2¢!

:makepoint:

Anyone else get notification emails when chew is going to sell the original artwork for covers? Noticed a couple days ago that I got an email saying they were selling off the OA for the SDCC variant cover for poyo #1.

Anyone else get notification emails when chew is going to sell the original artwork for covers? Noticed a couple days ago that I got an email saying they were selling off the OA for the SDCC variant cover for poyo #1.

Yeah, got the mail as well. $1000 seemed ok a price but wasn't even able to submit the offer, my wallet wouldn't allow for it!!

$1000 seems reasonable based on recent upswing in chew art but alas for me too 1000 bucks is definately out of my range also.

cool cover, someone will definately get a lot of joy outta owning it.

me, i cant wait for page 22 to arrive. pics to follow :)

I picked up 5 at the convention, Rob even let me pick thru an unopened pack to get the best copies. They said the color of the foil was supposed to be pink but the printer did it wrong and all of them had serious scratches on the foil from the Stacker wheels at time of publication. I am worried what this will do to the grades.

I think even better than this book was the 1/50 print they gave out on preview night. Well they sold em forn15, not free. But worth every penny.

Next ones out next year.

Deep Space Poyo.

The mind boggles.It really does..can't wait!

Yeah, what's up with the SDCC variant getting sent out to LCS? I got one off of midtown which is on it's way to me. I also picked one up from Dre in his sales thread while at SDCC. I thought only 700 were printed? (shrug) How did they have enough left over to send to LCS?

The books were only available at SDCC. The more likely scenario is that a store employee/store owner was at SDCC & bought copies to then sell in their brick & mortar location or online. At a mark-up, of course.

The books were only available at SDCC. The more likely scenario is that a store employee/store owner was at SDCC & bought copies to then sell in their brick & mortar location or online. At a mark-up, of course.

these were definitely from the distributor yesterday both according to solicitations and asking them (they knew I was after an unsigned copy and had only brought back signed copies from SDCC). they ended up getting 3 or 4 of them in. same as the emerald city adventure time covers a few weeks ago. these were for sale in the shop yesterday for $10

scored a solid 9.8 from the ones they had so between a seller here and the LCS picked up a doublesigned copy and an unsigned for $35 total