• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mind Mgmt

1,577 posts in this topic

Kindt and Lemire are 2 of my 3 favourite creators so I was pretty stoked to see them both at Thought Bubble - sharing a table too. I managed to arrange a commission before the con and I decided to get each to do something from the other's work.

So here is Matt doing Sweet Tooth:

kindtsweet.jpg

And here is Jeff doing Mind MGMT:

lemiremgmt.jpg

That's going to appear in a future issue of Mind MGMT as a pin-up :applause:

And then I stole someone's idea from the boards here and took a mug with me and a porcelain pen and ended up with this:

mug.jpg

Made my con. :cloud9:

Uh, yeah... those are all fantastic! Great idea... hm

What? Not sure if you're being sarcastic? hm

No sarcasm whatsoever... you have me thinking about new commission ideas. Did you go through Cadence for Jeff or contact him directly before the con?

Kindt and Lemire are 2 of my 3 favourite creators so I was pretty stoked to see them both at Thought Bubble - sharing a table too. I managed to arrange a commission before the con and I decided to get each to do something from the other's work.

kindtsweet.jpg

lemiremgmt.jpg

And then I stole someone's idea from the boards here and took a mug with me and a porcelain pen and ended up with this:

mug.jpg

Those are really really good! (worship) I am so gutted I couldn't make it to TB as I was poor on time. Matt, Jeff and Brian Hurtt would have been on my list :sorry: I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope that another opportunity pans out over the next couple of years. There have been some great lineups across the UK cons this year which made for difficult choices.

(There's a pic of a burnt "Red Handed" page here for anyone wondering about your other comment http://comicsalternative.com/heroescon-follow-up-2-matt-kindt-lit-my-book-on-fire/ )

Uh, yeah... those are all fantastic! Great idea... hm

What? Not sure if you're being sarcastic? hm

No sarcasm whatsoever... you have me thinking about new commission ideas. Did you go through Cadence for Jeff or contact him directly before the con?

Sorry! Wasn't sure.

I just contacted Jeff directly for the commission. Matt's was done through his wife.

kindtsweet.jpg

lemiremgmt.jpg

mug.jpg

Those are really really good! (worship) I am so gutted I couldn't make it to TB as I was poor on time. Matt, Jeff and Brian Hurtt would have been on my list :sorry: I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope that another opportunity pans out over the next couple of years. There have been some great lineups across the UK cons this year which made for difficult choices.

(There's a pic of a burnt "Red Handed" page here for anyone wondering about your other comment http://comicsalternative.com/heroescon-follow-up-2-matt-kindt-lit-my-book-on-fire/ )

Well Jeff said to me yesterday "See you next year" :o So I'm holding him to that!