• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mind Mgmt

1,577 posts in this topic

I would hope that any effect this might have on normal prices would be minimal. This is not a "normal" piece, which is why they took it to eBay. This is the only wrap cover of the series, a great image, and fully FOUR TIMES the size of a normal cover. The price is extremely high, but it's easy to see what makes this one special.

I would hope that any effect this might have on normal prices would be minimal. This is not a "normal" piece, which is why they took it to eBay. This is the only wrap cover of the series, a great image, and fully FOUR TIMES the size of a normal cover. The price is extremely high, but it's easy to see what makes this one special.

+1

I don't see why this sale should effect the rest of the art. One strong sale of a special piece does not qualify as a new trend in pricing.

Thanks for saying that so much more clearly than I did. ;)

Haha, I gave you the agreeable +1. I thought the trend comment was slightly adding to the point. :grin:

+1

I don't see why this one coment should affect the rest of the thread. One succinct comment on a special piece does not qualify as a new trend in posting. ;)

Yeah - this might be my favorite as well. I asked Matt about it - it's actually an homage to an old paperback cover for Fahrenheit 451. Matt was totally unfamiliar with the WD 100 cover, so any similarity there is purely coincidental.

No auction on this one - it has already been sold. :sorry:

Yeah - this might be my favorite as well. I asked Matt about it - it's actually an homage to an old paperback cover for Fahrenheit 451. Matt was totally unfamiliar with the WD 100 cover, do any similarity there is purely coincidental.

No auction on this one - it has already been sold. :sorry:

Damn, I inquired about it a few hours ago too. Looks like I won't be getting back the response I was hoping for. :cry:

I cannot stop staring at this cover. Freakin' love it. Would love to see what the cover would look like if the logo letters were transparent (so you could still see the watercolors behind them).

Why do I suddenly have the taste of Sunkist at the back of my throat? This cover is making me oddly thirsty.