• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Update

206 posts in this topic

He was making two separate statements. Brian did give good advice.

Oh, oops. :blush:

And I'm always logical and cogent. Some of you saps just have hard time understanding big words and complete sentences. :baiting:

I only half-read posts which lack linked images of beautiful women. :sorry:

Hey Everyone,

I’m going to take some advice from my friend Foolkiller and give an update on the state of things here at CGC. I know there have been a lot of questions concerning turn around times; how we plan to combat them (are we even bothering?); have we hired graders (who is grading?) and more.

First – it is embarrassing for us to be this far behind for over a year. Everyone here at CGC wants to get turn around times under control. We (the Grading Team) are working until 7pm and on Saturdays to get as many books graded as possible.

Second – we have added new graders to the team. We have begun training Gemma as a grader and we have hired a gentleman named John Savage as a grader. John is a collector from Maine (lived in Louisiana too) and has relocated to Florida to grade for CGC. Both Gemma and John are picking things up fast and we are very excited to have them aboard. We also have asked former CGC grader Phil Kaltenbach to return to help out as well. Phil worked for us for a few years and was one of the graders who moved down to FL when CGC relocated from Jersey.

Finally – we have a very dedicated and hard working staff and as I mentioned before, we all want to get our turn around times in order. We are making headway, it may not seem like it, but we are. We have been thrown a few curveballs this past year or so and we have done a great job. Things are not perfect, but they will get better because of the quality of people we have at CGC.

I am doing this post as a drive-by – I won’t have time to continue a conversation here (I need to grade). I can always be reached at CGC (1-877-662-6642) or you can send me an email at plitch@cgccomics.com or just PM me here.

I am sure there are things I forgot to mention, but I am easy to get a hold of. Door is always open.

-Paul

Thank you so much for this well needed update. I'm glad to see that CGC is taking a good direction in order to bring turn around times back to normal.

I wish Gemma Good Luck and welcome the grading forum!!! (thumbs u :applause:

Finally an update. I haven't submitted comics in over 6 months due to the long wait times. But now I feel confident enough to start resubmitting again knowing CGC is actively tackling the problem.

thanks for the update. much appreciated and should quell the pitchforks for a few months at least.

These are both funny statements. There's nothing in that statement that shows that you can expect turnaround times to decrease in any meaningful manner for a long time. Congrats to CGC for hiring more graders, but that was 6 weeks ago. TATs since then have only gone up.

The idea that the water's now fine and everything's back on track is laughable. I'm glad they're doing something, but they're still 70 business days behind on Value and Economy subs (3! months) and 35 business days behind on Moderns (7! weeks). I'd hold off on the champagne at this point.

Finally an update. I haven't submitted comics in over 6 months due to the long wait times. But now I feel confident enough to start resubmitting again knowing CGC is actively tackling the problem.

You do know that if you HAD submitted 6 months ago your books would be done. Now you are waiting till they catch up to submit hm

You do know that if you HAD submitted 6 months ago your books would be done. Now you are waiting till they catch up to submit hm

Some people doesn't like to have their books out of there possession for a lengthily amount of time. That's why I do all my books fast track.

Some people doesn't like to have their books out of there possession for a lengthily amount of time. That's why I do all my books fast track.

Onsite grading.

If anyone should get kudos here, it should be Mr Ketterer. Strange that it would take outside intervention to get a company to reach out to it's customer base when there is an issue of this magnitude.

Good to hear CGC is getting it's act together, shame they couldn't figure out by themselves that it's good business practice to make a priority of customer satisfaction. 2c

I just do it because I'm an impatient troglodyte.

Paul, thanks for everything that you and your staff does.

So you appreciate Paul's staff, do you? hm

Hey Everyone,

I’m going to take some advice from my friend Foolkiller and give an update on the state of things here at CGC. I know there have been a lot of questions concerning turn around times; how we plan to combat them (are we even bothering?); have we hired graders (who is grading?) and more.

First – it is embarrassing for us to be this far behind for over a year. Everyone here at CGC wants to get turn around times under control. We (the Grading Team) are working until 7pm and on Saturdays to get as many books graded as possible.

Second – we have added new graders to the team. We have begun training Gemma as a grader and we have hired a gentleman named John Savage as a grader. John is a collector from Maine (lived in Louisiana too) and has relocated to Florida to grade for CGC. Both Gemma and John are picking things up fast and we are very excited to have them aboard. We also have asked former CGC grader Phil Kaltenbach to return to help out as well. Phil worked for us for a few years and was one of the graders who moved down to FL when CGC relocated from Jersey.

Finally – we have a very dedicated and hard working staff and as I mentioned before, we all want to get our turn around times in order. We are making headway, it may not seem like it, but we are. We have been thrown a few curveballs this past year or so and we have done a great job. Things are not perfect, but they will get better because of the quality of people we have at CGC.

I am doing this post as a drive-by – I won’t have time to continue a conversation here (I need to grade). I can always be reached at CGC (1-877-662-6642) or you can send me an email at plitch@cgccomics.com or just PM me here.

I am sure there are things I forgot to mention, but I am easy to get a hold of. Door is always open.

-Paul

Always good to know, Paul (thumbs u

-d