• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Breakout Walking Dead Comic

176 posts in this topic

I was only concerned with comics. (thumbs u

And more specifically in the secondary market where they are not as dominate as they once used to be. Whether you consider that a loss of momentum or not is up to you.

Just saw your edit.

I guess it depends where you're looking.

I bought my AF #15 a few years ago. Since then it has gone up in value about $2,000 from what I paid for it. My WD #1 has gone up about $800 in the same time frame.

If you're educated about what you buy, there is plenty of growth in the secondary market for superhero books. Hulk #1 has recently spiked as well since the Avengers movie came out and Hulk stole the show.

On the other hand, common drek is common drek, whether superhero or independent. lol

The speculators have seemed to move to non-superhero. Brand new ASM or UXM don't seem to command a premium above some independent titles.

If there is a transition and I believe there is then AF 15 and Hulk 1 would be examples of the last comics to be surpassed or decline.

One day WD #1 will be worth more than the entire net wealth of the United States government. You can quote me on that. :)

Uhhh....aren't we already there????

I really enjoyed the last 3 pages of this thread. Its great fantasy stuff.

You guys are dreaming. :roflmao:

Its funny all this talk about "speculators" as if they arent us. Who are you guys kidding. :roflmao:

Im sorry, but someone had to bring this thread back down to earth.

+1- most of this reads like something out of the Onion w/ all due respect.

I really enjoyed the last 3 pages of this thread. Its great fantasy stuff.

You guys are dreaming. :roflmao:

Its funny all this talk about "speculators" as if they arent us. Who are you guys kidding. :roflmao:

Im sorry, but someone had to bring this thread back down to earth.

+1- most of this reads like something out of the Onion w/ all due respect.

No other theories? :popcorn:

Just to confirm I wasn't being serious about $1 mil.

However - I do believe first prints will hold significant value in future years.

Its the nature of youth nowadays.

Superman is some old fart in a cape who doesn't drink,do drugs engage in meaningless sex, or pump out a huge body count.

For most of todays marker,its as boring as hell - thats got to be painfull for some to hear but its true.

TWD is the first series (comic/TV) that has engaged audiences world wide, due to the fact that the characters represent todays society - with all their flaws.

In fact the only issue not touched on were drugs - the butchery count is way up there.

Money talks - and the walking dead is a winner.

Thats why comic books are being scoured for the 'next big one' by studios.

No-one can see that Clark Kent is actually Superman?

With todays advances in entertainment mediums - that kind of stuff is just too lame for younger people.

Thats why Superman bombed and TWD is setting records.

Sooner people realise times have already changed,the better.

Tin hat on - ready for incoming. :tonofbricks:

Here goes...

TWD is the first series (comic/TV) that has engaged audiences world wide, due to the fact that the characters represent todays society - with all their flaws.
Not a big Marvel reader? Me either. lol

Although I do not agree with the million dollar assessment I do believe there will come a day when WD 1 is worth more than Action 1. I will likely see it in my lifetime. If I live that long.

I think you're right

actioncomics_1_cover_02.jpg

However - I do believe first prints will hold significant value in future years.

Superman is some old fart in a cape who doesn't drink,do drugs engage in meaningless sex, or pump out a huge body count.

For most of todays marker,its as boring as hell - thats got to be painfull for some to hear but its true.

In fact the only issue not touched on were drugs - the butchery count is way up there.

With todays advances in entertainment mediums - that kind of stuff is just too lame for younger people.

Avengers $1.5 billion worldwide box office. that's 150mm+ tickets. what exactly is TWD's weekly TV audience? 6mm. you are either a shill or oblivious.

Avengers $1.5 billion worldwide box office. that's 150mm+ tickets. what exactly is TWD's weekly TV audience? 6mm. you are either a shill or oblivious.

I think he was referring to a TV show/comic, not a one-time blockbuster movie.

Though I do think there have been comics out there with worldwide attention. Too lazy to Google.