• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Breakout Walking Dead Comic

176 posts in this topic

I forgot about smallville as well. Good series.

And as much as the claim is anything COULD happen there Are a number in this discussion who disagree. Claiming that this scenario is impossible is probably the most silly part of this thread.

Superman is Americana (created by a Canadian :shy: ) but for WD to surpass Action 1 may require more than US$ in the future. Once all the countries claim bankruptcy who knows who will be on top. lol

Although most of my comment was tongue in cheek it does amaze me how a community that enjoys stories of the imagination is so closed minded to what the future may hold.

The earlier comparison to Avengers movie vs WD TV ratings made me laugh out loud. I don't have the time right now to rip that comparison apart.

This conversation reminds me of the bold claim that currency will ALWAYS be collectible. :facepalm:

We are also discussing this at a time when everyone, including me, would pay more for an Action #1. Would you pay more for a FF #48? ;)

Unless 6800 copies of WD1 get pulped during a paper shortage in some future world war, there's no way in hell a 9.8 WD1 comes within 3 million dollars of a 9.4 Action 1. 50-100 copies in existance. Not going to happen.

Please be fair to WD1 and speculate about it passing TMNT 1. At least that's kind of a fair fight.

I subbed my copies of Abraham's 1st app along with my #61 which should be solid 9.8s along with 19,27 and the B&W Image EXPO Variant here via fast track so I hope these are the next break out issues.

:insane:

In regards to Abraham I just don't see him being introduced into the TV series for some reason. I guess since we have a character like Daryl already I just don't see room for another really strong male good guy being introduced. That is unless Daryl get's whacked.

If they kill Daryl, I'll be pissed off.

Abraham may show up but it won't be for a couple seasons at least. I don't think the governor is only going to be in the series for 1 season. I'm assuming they keep him around till next season so unless Abraham shows up soon, I think it's season 5 till he's in the TV show.

I'm interested in seeing if they introduce any of the characters who were living in the prison when the group first arrived. I think first to die this season is hershel and/or that chick who's singing in the preview. Can't remember her name.

And as much as the claim is anything COULD happen there Are a number in this discussion who disagree. Claiming that this scenario is impossible is probably the most silly part of this thread.

Superman is Americana (created by a Canadian :shy: ) but for WD to surpass Action 1 may require more than US$ in the future. Once all the countries claim bankruptcy who knows who will be on top. lol

Although most of my comment was tongue in cheek it does amaze me how a community that enjoys stories of the imagination is so closed minded to what the future may hold.

The earlier comparison to Avengers movie vs WD TV ratings made me laugh out loud. I don't have the time right now to rip that comparison apart.

This conversation reminds me of the bold claim that currency will ALWAYS be collectible. :facepalm:

We are also discussing this at a time when everyone, including me, would pay more for an Action #1. Would you pay more for a FF #48? ;)

Close-minded? I think the word you are looking for is "realistic".

You say your comments were mostly "tongue in cheek" so why defend them? They are ridiculous and you know it. Some people here are just trying to be rational.

I'll stick with close-minded. Extrapolating the continuation of the status quo is always considered realistic.

Defend them because it is fun. It's only the 100th WD thread.

Some are trying to be rational. lol

I think TWD would have to become part of peoples consciousness worldwide for it to jump to the next level.

Firstly, it's not on mainstream free to air television. Over the years there have been countless superman, spiderman and Batman cartoons, tv series and movies. EVERYONE worldwide knows all of these 3 characters. A very, very small percentage of the worldwide population knows of TWD and I really can't see that changing to the extent of the big 3 super heroes. When you start seeing 5 yo kids wearing zombie outfits then you're starting to make in roads.

You see kids wearing Superhero gear all the time.

I think TWD would have to become part of peoples consciousness worldwide for it to jump to the next level.

Firstly, it's not on mainstream free to air television. Over the years there have been countless superman, spiderman and Batman cartoons, tv series and movies. EVERYONE worldwide knows all of these 3 characters. A very, very small percentage of the worldwide population knows of TWD and I really can't see that changing to the extent of the big 3 super heroes. When you start seeing 5 yo kids wearing zombie outfits then you're starting to make in roads.

But that's just it, TWD is becoming a worldwide consciousness. The show is translated into *forgot actual statistic* [HUGE number] languages and airing in [huge number] countries, as is the comic. Its huge in South America and Europe.

Many pictures I've seen of this years conventions have kids dressed as zombies and Carl. Will this ever be as widely recognized as Superman? No.

Could this ever be in the future as big a success as Superman? Perhaps. We don't know yet cause we can't predict the future. But I think many of you are underestimating just how much a phenomenon this franchise really is. There's people in my office who you would never expect to be a fan, and are.

I belong to a website with a sub forum for TWD that has 33,600 members, and is growing every single day. A large population of these users are in Australia and Europe. A large population of these users are < 18 y/o.

This is a beast. And there's a good chance that middle-aged mother of 5 you just passed in the grocery store is a fan of the show.

Nico posted that he wore a T-shirt out to a bar for 3 hours one night and had ~12 people mention his shirt. Tryst me, this thing is bigger than you might realize.

But that's just it, TWD is becoming a worldwide consciousness. The show is translated into *forgot actual statistic* [HUGE number] languages and airing in [huge number] countries, as is the comic. Its huge in South America and Europe.

Many pictures I've seen of this years conventions have kids dressed as zombies and Carl. Will this ever be as widely recognized as Superman? No.

Could this ever be in the future as big a success as Superman? Perhaps. We don't know yet cause we can't predict the future. But I think many of you are underestimating just how much a phenomenon this franchise really is. There's people in my office who you would never expect to be a fan, and are.

I belong to a website with a sub forum for TWD that has 33,600 members, and is growing every single day. A large population of these users are in Australia and Europe. A large population of these users are < 18 y/o.

This is a beast. And there's a good chance that middle-aged mother of 5 you just passed in the grocery store is a fan of the show.

Nico posted that he wore a T-shirt out to a bar for 3 hours one night and had ~12 people mention his shirt. Tryst me, this thing is bigger than you might realize.

i will say this. it is definitely getting printed in a lot of foreign countries now. and yeah, i have a Wd shirt signed by Adlard. I wore it once about a year ago, and no one said anything. wore it again recently and was surprised at how many people mentioned that they love the show and had downloaded the early issues.

I think this is a common trend, whereas many people you talk to now are recently getting into it. Of the 5 or so people at my office who I've learned are fans and talk to regularly, all 5 of them independently from each other started watching mid-season 2, and were trying to get season 1.

I take it season 2 brought out a lot more fans.

I think this is a common trend, whereas many people you talk to now are recently getting into it. Of the 5 or so people at my office who I've learned are fans and talk to regularly, all 5 of them independently from each other started watching mid-season 2, and were trying to get season 1.

a buddy of mine from work watched season 2, then downloaded every single issue, then bought one copy of #100. doesn't sound like much, but to me that was huge. now he regularly talks to me about comic books....and he had never read one or bought one ever before (he's 26 btw)

I started watching the show season 1. Was afraid to read the comics thinking it would ruin the show for me. After season 2 I decided I would read up until shane got killed. When I saw it was only 6 issues in, I figured I'd read a little more. I ended up reading issues 1-94 in about 1 week. Since then, I've bought every issue including every variant with exception on issues 1, 2, and a couple of the new issue 100 variants; joined this message board, posted 500+ times, became a member of cgc to submit comics, and am selling everything in my house to pay for my obsession.

And just as a background, I'm 29 years old and while I was a huge collector of sports cards as a kid, I never bought one comic book until Walking Dead.

a buddy of mine from work watched season 2, then downloaded every single issue, then bought one copy of #100. doesn't sound like much, but to me that was huge. now he regularly talks to me about comic books....and he had never read one or bought one ever before (he's 26 btw)

And that's how it begins... :applause:

And that's how it begins... :applause:

i almost forgot...saturday he asked me about SDCC. wants to go with me (had to break it to him that i haven't been able to get tickets for 3 years).

I started watching the show season 1. Was afraid to read the comics thinking it would ruin the show for me. After season 2 I decided I would read up until shane got killed. When I saw it was only 6 issues in, I figured I'd read a little more. I ended up reading issues 1-94 in about 1 week. Since then, I've bought every issue including every variant with exception on issues 1, 2, and a couple of the new issue 100 variants; joined this message board, posted 500+ times, became a member of cgc to submit comics, and am selling everything in my house to pay for my obsession.

And just as a background, I'm 29 years old and while I was a huge collector of sports cards as a kid, I never bought one comic book until Walking Dead.

B***ch where's my credit!? I think it was me who bought a few back issues for giggles, jokingly said "I wanna get the whole run", then next thing I know you have like 20 books. Then of course it was race....

I do feel proud knowing I caused you to practically be eating ramen every night. Suckerrrr!

I'll admit it was you who partly turned me on to the show.

But in all seriousness, there's thousands of more HugeRosens and myself with the same story. This franchise has spawned a vast amount of new/returning collectors of the comics.