• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Breakout Walking Dead Comic

176 posts in this topic

Yeah i've got $3k in my back pocket.. If that's a modest collectors budget then I'm a massive pauper. You must be kidding... Right?

Depends what you do with the 3k James.

If you go...bang,bang,bang,bang...here's #1 - #4 cgc 9.8 bought as buy it now - well theres your 3k gone already, and you still have 97 to go!

The chance of starting from scratch and getting all 100 copies in VF- condition for $3,000 has long gone.

You would struggle to get 1 - 10 raw for that.

For 1 - 100 raw you would have to buy up big lots (as they are cheaper due to people having some already or some being in condition) and hope the missing ones you need are cheap.

TBH to get 1 - 100 in VF- is now a $4500 lot.

1 - 100 NM is closer to $6,000 and CGC 1-100 closer to $10,000.

#1,#2,#3,#4, #19,#27,#50,#80 and other rising keys (Abraham,Jesus etc) is close to $5000 on its own in 9.8. Its hard to get any 9.8 first print under $60 now.

And you need postage on top.

I should know - I'm doing it x 2 sets!

46 x 9.8's in total so far...

Long way to go!

Yeah i've got $3k in my back pocket.. If that's a modest collectors budget then I'm a massive pauper. You must be kidding... Right?

If you go...bang,bang,bang,bang...here's #1 - #4 cgc 9.8 bought as buy it now - well theres your 3k gone already, and you still have 97 to go!

The chance of starting from scratch and getting all 100 copies in VF- condition for $3,000 has long gone.

For 1 - 100 raw you would have to buy up big lots (as they are cheaper due to people having some already or some being in condition) and hope the missing ones you need are cheap.

#1,#2,#3,#4, #19,#27,#50,#80 and other rising keys (Abraham,Jesus etc) is close to $5000 on its own in 9.8. Its hard to get any 9.8 first print under $60 now.

With the exception of the CGC prices the rest is incorrect. You can do 1-100 raw in NM/M for well under $3k.

I got the impression that it's in comparison the putting together one of the big Marvel or DC runs.

With the exception of the CGC prices the rest is incorrect. You can do 1-100 raw in NM/M for well under $3k.

Not just using ebay you can't.

Anyhow - how much richer did you finish today - was looking like the "Brangets own Ebay Walking Dead sale" on there today!

Anyhow - how much richer did you finish today - was looking like the "Brangets own Ebay Walking Dead sale" on there today!

Branget is correct. There have been multiple high grade complete runs on eBay at or below $3k in the last few months. I know, I've bought a couple of them. They were as described.

Branget is correct. There have been multiple high grade complete runs on eBay at or below $3k in the last few months. I know, I've bought a couple of them. They were as described.

We agree? I feel like I have to add this quote to my sig line. ;)

We agree? I feel like I have to add this quote to my sig line. ;)

That's fine. I have sigs turned off. (thumbs u

To clarify:

$3k is for raw not CGC. It is doable.

Considering what I just saw at the HA auction, I would say it is a modest budget. Maybe it is comparing apples to oranges. When I see these prices being paid for single issues, I feel like it is a modest price to pay.

I got the impression that it's in comparison the putting together one of the big Marvel or DC runs.

I also got that impression, plus the implied idea the run could be built over time...

...but I can see how the casual mention of 3K could be misinterpreted. :grin:

We are talking now - not 3 months ago.

If you find another PM me the link and I will snap it up.

Listings end tonight. ;)

Have you got the armoured car ready to pick up your cash.... :whistle:

We are talking now - not 3 months ago.

If you find another PM me the link and I will snap it up.

Yes. Now. I just did again tonight. Why would I do all the leg work and send you the link? lol