• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Breakout Walking Dead Comic

176 posts in this topic

Walking Dead is ridiculously huge. Will it ever be as big as Superman or Batman. Never. We don't know

Fixed that for you.

BTW - if Kirkman achieves his dream of a 300 issue run then there is another 18 - 20 years at the current rate to go.

What will a 30 yr old TWD #1 be worth?

Is anyone,besides me, intending to have a complete 9.6 min CGC slabbed run by 2032?

or a 9.8 if you are Branget.

Seriously, anyone?

BTW - if Kirkman achieves his dream of a 300 issue run then there is another 18 - 20 years at the current rate to go.

Is anyone,besides me, intending to have a complete 9.6 min CGC slabbed run by 2032?

Seriously, anyone?

not cgc'd, but as of now, i fully intend to hold onto one full run.

A perspective from the UK:

I really wouldn't say TWD is "huge" over here. It airs late at night, on a non-mainstream channel. It's popular, yes, but it's definitely not a show that everyone is talking about.

I say that as a big fan of the comics who can take or leave the show.

I really wouldn't say TWD is "huge" over here. It airs late at night, on a non-mainstream channel. It's popular, yes, but it's definitely not a show that everyone is talking about.

I think thats the main point.

The upside in exposure to new viewers is incalculable - and then how much of that slips across to the comic.

Goodness knows what the interest could be in 12 months, especially as season 3 goes full-on crazy.

I do know however,that some first print runs are in the 5,000 area.

A complete collection,one day will be quite valuable.

Perspective - on average,the sale price (excluding keys) is trending upwards and has been for 18 months.

Go and try to buy a single edition first print NM under #60 for less than $25.

Sure theres the odd low-grade or newbie mistake but the value of these comics aren't going to go down anytime soon.

The low print runs guarantee this.

Just saying is all.

The upside in exposure to new viewers is incalculable - and then how much of that slips across to the comic.

Goodness knows what the interest could be in 12 months, especially as season 3 goes full-on crazy.

Perspective - on average,the sale price (excluding keys) is trending upwards and has been for 18 months.

Sure theres the odd low-grade or newbie mistake but the value of these comics aren't going to go down anytime soon.

Just saying is all.

The question we must ask is can it contain this kind of mania?

Usually what happens in pop culture is something gets really hot,then eventually the same people who made it hot turn on it,and move on to the next hot and new exciting thing.

Eventually the Walking Dead parodies will start, and that will clue us in to when the drop in interest begins.

Just saying is all.

The question we must ask is can it contain this kind of mania?

Usually what happens in pop culture is something gets really hot,then eventually the same people who made it hot turn on it,and move on to the next hot and new exciting thing.

Eventually the Walking Dead parodies will start, and that will clue us in to when the drop in interest begins.

I don't know about you but I can't wait for "The Real Housewives of The Walking Dead". That show will be hot. :insane:

Seriously, anyone?

:popcorn:

I use 9.6 for toilet paper :devil:

I'm hoping to keep my WD 9.8 run until I need to sell it to help with my retirement, or if I'm lucky enough, pass it down....when I have kids that is :grin:

Jerome

America's got Zombies

It'd be "Georgia's got Zombies" , Kirkman won't tell us what's going on in the rest of the "world" :baiting:

Jim

Well in a recent letters page, Kirkman straight out said that 'soon' the action will head 'into one of America's largest Cities'.

I am not looking through 25 letters pages or interviews.

Google is your friend.

But say it he did,and quite without any ambiguity.

America's got Zombies

It'd be "Georgia's got Zombies" , Kirkman won't tell us what's going on in the rest of the "world" :baiting:

Jim

Well in a recent letters page, Kirkman straight out said that 'soon' the action will head 'into one of America's largest Cities'.

I am not looking through 25 letters pages or interviews.

Google is your friend.

But say it he did,and quite without any ambiguity.

they SERIOUSLY need to release a book with just the letters' pages. that would be awesome.

I think one part of what gets lost with Walking Dead is that it is still relatively affordable to collect the entire run.

You can get the non-graded run for around $3K which is still in a modest collectors budget. Along with the popularity of the TV show and the attention that it gets at conventions allows for greater marketing and greater buzz hence more people buy and the value goes up.

I got back into collecting after a long hiatus due to my love for X-Men, but like many it is the Walking Dead that got me interested in collecting modern comics.