• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collection Intervention

84 posts in this topic

Going to make my wife watch this with me. Then, she can see that 16 long boxes ain't that much. :grin:

That's the key here,we can use it to our advantage.See Honey,and you thought my collection was big.At least it's not like THAT! lol

The host I think did okay, but saying that the Star Wars collector "had" to sell some of the vintage items wasn't right. Get rid of the newer items that take up so much space. The Catwoman collector looks like they made him sell nearly everything. Poor guy.

He needs to refocus on his collecting habits, get a clue how to take care of a few things...and maybe grow a pair in the relationship.

The host I think did okay, but saying that the Star Wars collector "had" to sell some of the vintage items wasn't right. Get rid of the newer items that take up so much space. The Catwoman collector looks like they made him sell nearly everything. Poor guy.

He needs to refocus on his collecting habits, get a clue how to take care of a few things...and maybe grow a pair in the relationship.

did anyone see the grade on that catwoman comic.. It looked in decent condition.. I think those boxes got destroyed because he had to hide his from that evil wife of his.. Just sad to say the least..

Catwoman collector.............did anyone else think his wife looked like Catwoman?????

I think his wife was out of line for the most part. He didn't have any of his collection in the house, why should it bother her what is in the garage they apparently don't use? Was he out of control? Looked like it. Did he not know how to take care of his collection? Sure looked like it. But she came across as just not wanting him to collect.

I kind of felt the same way watching it last night, but after I thought about it some more I kind of understood why she was so bitter and disconnected from his collection. There evidently wasn't good communication about his collection before they married. And spending money on "things" rather than "needs" is never a good thing for a marriage if it isn't discussed and agreed upon beforehand.

On the show they said that the "Cawoman" guy and his wife were heavily in debt due to his collecting habits. The wife also said during the selling portion that the money would be used to help pay the mortgage. So that couple's problem was the guy was buying more than the could afford. Funny how during the initial interview he said he didn't show her his garage collection until he proposed to her.

The Star Wars lady, apart from the collection taking over the house I didn't hear if they were in debt over her collecting habits.

I would like the show to at least said what each couple's jobs were and how financially stable they were. If collector's have a good job and savings, then their collections shouldn't be too much of an issue unless it takes over their lives.

I'd like to see a straight-up collection show that just shows people and their nerd collections and detailing how proud or cool they think it is without the show evolving into a Hoarders or Dr. Phil intervention show.

Going to make my wife watch this with me. Then, she can see that 16 long boxes ain't that much. :grin:

That's the key here,we can use it to our advantage.See Honey,and you thought my collection was big.At least it's not like THAT! lol

That wouldnt work for me bud, I have bought more than 16 boxes just this year. :insane:

On the show they said that the "Cawoman" guy and his wife were heavily in debt due to his collecting habits. The wife also said during the selling portion that the money would be used to help pay the mortgage. So that couple's problem was the guy was buying more than the could afford. Funny how during the initial interview he said he didn't show her his garage collection until he proposed to her.

They definitely have issues to work out--shame it got in the way of enjoying the collectables portion of the show although I admit it was painful to watch the storage conditions. I'm betting he didn't know how to collect--from knowing current pricing to storage. He needs to educate himself a bit before getting back in--after getting his marriage figured out.

I'd like to see a straight-up collection show that just shows people and their nerd collections and detailing how proud or cool they think it is without the show evolving into a Hoarders or Dr. Phil intervention show.

I agree!

Catwoman collector.............did anyone else think his wife looked like Catwoman?????

I think his wife was out of line for the most part. He didn't have any of his collection in the house, why should it bother her what is in the garage they apparently don't use? Was he out of control? Looked like it. Did he not know how to take care of his collection? Sure looked like it. But she came across as just not wanting him to collect.

I kind of felt the same way watching it last night, but after I thought about it some more I kind of understood why she was so bitter and disconnected from his collection. There evidently wasn't good communication about his collection before they married. And spending money on "things" rather than "needs" is never a good thing for a marriage if it isn't discussed and agreed upon beforehand.

The Star Wars lady, apart from the collection taking over the house I didn't hear if they were in debt over her collecting habits.

I would like the show to at least said what each couple's jobs were and how financially stable they were. If collector's have a good job and savings, then their collections shouldn't be too much of an issue unless it takes over their lives.

From what I remember, the Catwoman collector sold a majority of his stuff and made $2800. Then they indicated that they were nearly out of debt. Now, I'm not sure how deep into debt they were, but if they were nearly out of debt with only $2800, it doesn't seem like it was a serious cause for concern unless it was just their mortgage they were behind on.

Not enough details, but I'm personally in debt of about $24,000 when you factor in school loans and I buy a lot of collectibles.

From what I remember, the Catwoman collector sold a majority of his stuff and made $2800. Then they indicated that they were nearly out of debt. Now, I'm not sure how deep into debt they were, but if they were nearly out of debt with only $2800, it doesn't seem like it was a serious cause for concern unless it was just their mortgage they were behind on.

Not enough details, but I'm personally in debt of about $24,000 when you factor in school loans and I buy a lot of collectibles.

I am thinking it was a excuse by the wife to throw negativity on the fire! I agree if 2800 got them out of debt it was just an excuse.... Im sorry but the wife seemed selfish to me. That catwoman collector gots a lot to get ready for in the future. I see red flags...

On the other hand the Star wars couple showed a constructive support system that didnt seem "red flagish" Good for them!

I find it sad that that guy when he goes back to work his co-workers will now refer to him instead of the "guy in the cubicle/IT Guy" as the "Catwoman Guy with the mean wife". Dude still looks young, so for the next 60 yrs. he'll have that none-to-cool moniker.

I find it sad that that guy when he goes back to work his co-workers will now refer to him instead of the "guy in the cubicle/IT Guy" as the "Catwoman Guy with the mean wife". Dude still looks young, so for the next 60 yrs. he'll have that none-to-cool moniker.

lol

He is gonna be seeing that episode in his nightmares! :o

Ya know I kept looking at his wife and thinking she might look pretty good in a catwoman cosplay outfit? hm Kinda slinky and a bizarrely cat-like face or something...... hm

Anyone else notice the difference in the couples? Star Wars husband being very supportive of his wife and her feelings. Dragon Lady married to Catwoman-guy was all SELL,SELL,SELL! I wanna know if they were in debt before he married the shrew?

I'm wondering how this is going to impact other couples out there. How many wives are going to use this as an example, "you see what so-and-so is doing? You can do that too!". It will be interesting to see if we see more collections coming into the market.

He should have grown a set of balls,and told his wife what's what from the get go.Instead of hiding his things in the garage. meh

I'm wondering how this is going to impact other couples out there. How many wives are going to use this as an example, "you see what so-and-so is doing? You can do that too!". It will be interesting to see if we see more collections coming into the market.

He should have grown a set of balls,and told his wife what's what from the get go.Instead of hiding his things in the garage. meh

lol

Maybe he was hoping this exchange would happen

Wifey:"You know,weve been married 25 years and it just occured to me...

Ive never been to the garage."

Hubby."You dont need to.Its a garage."

As beads of sweat slowly make their way from his forehead to his nose.

lol

Maybe he was hoping this exchange would happen

Wifey:"You know,weve been married 25 years and it just occured to me...

Ive never been to the garage."

Hubby."You dont need to.Its a garage."

As beads of sweat slowly make their way from his forehead to his nose.

lol Can you say P-U-S-S-Y!

I went looking for the trailer on Youtube and came across this small clip about the SW chick.

Can i just say that if ever in this entire life i come across a cute pigtailed blonde with a name like Consetta and she says im marrying the guy who can accept my Star wars collection and id like our wedding to be filled with stormtroopers and Darth as the priest ?

Im the first one raising my hand.

That glowing face and smile at 36 seconds at the wedding,now thats hard to beat.

is she dressed as a Tusken raider or as Boosh ?

I went looking for the trailer on Youtube and came across this small clip about the SW chick.

Can i just say that if ever in this entire life i come across a cute pigtailed blonde with a name like Consetta and she says im marrying the guy who can accept my Star wars collection and id like our wedding to be filled with stormtroopers and Darth as the priest ?

That glowing face and smile at 36 seconds at the wedding,now thats hard to beat.

That's a Boosh costume without the helmet and thermal detonator.

Cute ceremony, but isn't Vader performing your ceremony a massive karmic gamble?

That's a Boosh costume without the helmet and thermal detonator.

Cute ceremony, but isn't Vader performing your ceremony a massive karmic gamble?

Right,i shouve seen the Boosh cape from the thumbnail.

Now i guess thats her dad in the thumbnail,and maybe im overimagining this,but is he dressed a la George Lucas ??

Wouldnt be too far out would it ?

And maybe shes unconsciously telling the husband that if he rejects her,the priest is gonna come look for him.

lol

So I'm guessing the Star Wars couple had a discussion if they're going to have kids? Since if they get them toddlers crawling around, having all those loose little figures and doodads lying around along with the fragile stuff will need to ol' heave-ho or storage locker fix.