• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Area Collectors?

44 posts in this topic

So, I'm a long time forum member but I quit the hobby (sold everything) back in 2006. Went to grad school and I'm finally back in the adult world in the Boston area.

The shops here don't seem great, especially inside 95/128. I read on an old forum post that Larry's shop in Lowell is decent but that's a haul from where I live (Newton).

Any suggestions on Boston-area shops that might have a solid back issue collection, especially CGC stuff?

Equally (more?) important: who are the Boston collectors?!

I guess I'd probably only buy from the boards (as I always have) but I'm just looking for shops that are more than just new releases & statues like those I've been to right around Boston.

But, also, getting to know people in the area is also awesome.

I guess I'd probably only buy from the boards (as I always have) but I'm just looking for shops that are more than just new releases & statues like those I've been to right around Boston.

But, also, getting to know people in the area is also awesome.

There are quite a few Boston area boardies. I know two off the top of my head, but one is still looking for his windshield wiper on the turnpike and the other is notably shy :shy:

I dont know if you remember Nikos61 during your previous stint here, but he was the boardie and friend who passed in 2009.

Of course I do. That's incredibly sad to learn. Nik sold me more than a few books back in my time. :(

He was a great board member and always fun to talk to, both in the boards and in private.

I am very jealous that you live in Newton. I can't think of a better place to live. I used to be in the Boston area, but moved about 5 years ago.

That's Entertainment in Worcester has a very large back issue selection. Also check out The Outer Limits in Waltham and Webhead Enterprises in Wakefield. Bedrock Comics in Framingham tends to get in collections and blow them out at nice prices, rather than keep a large inventory - you can get great deals there but you have to keep checking in.

Every store I just mentioned is clean, well-run, and professional as well.

Check out the bi-monthly show in Woburn (well, more like bi-bi-monthly). It's a collection of a bunch of Boston area retailers gathered in a hotel lobby to hawk their wares. You can see our very own GA Collectibles right up front to greet you ( :hi: ) who is pretty much the only local guy I know with a legit selection of slabs. As for shops, I'm keen on Comically Speaking in Reading. Outer Limits in Waltham is a great place too, as someone else mentioned. Also, hi.

The Woburn show is actually monthly, but whatever lol .It's this Saturday by the way, Larry runs it it's a fun little show unless, the weather is really nice like what happened in June. There are some real nice stores in the area for sure.

I am very jealous that you live in Newton. I can't think of a better place to live. I used to be in the Boston area, but moved about 5 years ago.

That's Entertainment in Worcester has a very large back issue selection. Also check out The Outer Limits in Waltham and Webhead Enterprises in Wakefield. Bedrock Comics in Framingham tends to get in collections and blow them out at nice prices, rather than keep a large inventory - you can get great deals there but you have to keep checking in.

Every store I just mentioned is clean, well-run, and professional as well.

That's Entertainment is my LCS, huge back issue selection, but it is all raw. I almost never see slabs in the store. The staff is great too, I recomend talking with Pete or George if you do stop in. Oh and :hi:

The Woburn show is actually monthly, but whatever lol .It's this Saturday by the way, Larry runs it it's a fun little show unless, the weather is really nice like what happened in June. There are some real nice stores in the area for sure.

Where exactly is this show in Woburn? I might actually have time to check it out.

I am very jealous that you live in Newton. I can't think of a better place to live.

I believe Newton was called either the #1 or #2 best place to live in the US by some major news outlet a few years back. I lived there back in the early 90's in my first apartment, the day I moved out the BC cheerleading squad moved into the apartment next to the one I was vacating. I wept.

Still in the Boston area though, I now live in Milton. :hi:

Outer Limits is always a lot of fun...more fun is to try to drive out an hour to Worcester and schedule a time to see Ted VanLiew at Superworld...he always has great stuff to look at!

I live in Newton right now as well, although our house is in Dedham...count me among the Boston contingent!

Dan