• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago -- Forum Dinner

109 posts in this topic

Anyone seriously considering attending the Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner should sign up here!

Please post your preference with regard to day (Friday or Saturday) as well as how much you'd be willing to spend! The only places within walking distance are the expensive (>$50 per person, on average with drinks and everything) steak joints Morton's and Gibson's. Anywhere else will necessitate a ride ... and I don't believe taxis are all that plentiful in the area.

Either day is fine. I'd be comfortable with steakhouse prices so anything below that would be fine too.

A convention center near the airport and cabs would be hard to come by? That's too bad because I was thinking through force of numbers cabs into Chicago proper wouldn't be all that bad.

There are two steakhouses in the area? Which is the better of the two for food/wine? If we're not hitting one for the dinner I'm going to go on the off night.

I am in. Either day is fine, although I would prefer Saturday. I definitely vote for Morton's and would happily pony up $50 if everybody else did. Cabs are surprisingly unplentiful in Rosemont, so we'd need to find something relatively closeby. I'll be at the Cubs game Saturday afternoon, so will have a Suburban Minivan that could be used to shuttle people around.

At this point, I am tentatively in and so is Liz (depending on whether I am in trial during the week of the Con, which is about 50/50 right now). Wherever anyone decides to go is fine with me. Saturday is a better night for me as I'll be flying into Chicago on Friday night if I can make it.

Sorry I can't be more concrete than this right now. Hope to meet you guys there. thumbsup2.gif

I'm in. I'll have to go with Saturday as well. Prefer something within walking distance and not too expensive but I'll "deal" with it and show up no matter what. ------Sid

Saturday for me, Litch and Haspel. thumbsup2.gif

You leaving West back in Florida to keep the peons in line or something? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We now keep him locked up, he will never leave Florida again devil.gif27_laughing.gif

I will over 90% be there for a Saturday dinner. Definitely prefer to be within a walk of the convention center so my buddy can pick me up after dinner. $50 is OK by me if necessary (so long as I still have cash after the con... sorry.gif)

Dan grin.gif

I'll be there for sure. One of those steakhouses sounds great, too. Nothing more fun than watch a bunch of comic geeks eating 56-ounce bone-in ribeyes...

Thanks for coordinating, Alan.

thumbsup2.gif No problem, Win.

And it's actually more fun watching us comic geeks get staggering drunk at these dinners. At least Borock grades the same sober or drunk! It's true -- ask him yourself! smile.gif

I'll be there for sure. One of those steakhouses sounds great, too. Nothing more fun than watch a bunch of comic geeks eating 56-ounce bone-in ribeyes...

And it's actually more fun watching us comic geeks get staggering drunk at these dinners. At least Borock grades the same sober or drunk! It's true -- ask him yourself! smile.gif

I must be one hell of a boring comic geek as I don't eat meat OR drink alcohol. However, my comic geekiness does prevail nonetheless. -----Sid

I must be one hell of a boring comic geek as I don't eat meat OR drink alcohol. However, my comic geekiness does prevail nonetheless. -----Sid

Designated driver! You've just been drafted, Sid! Bring a vehicle big enough for all of us, m'okay? grin.gif

Alan

Confirmed!

What:

Chicago Comicon (aka Wizard Whirled) forum dinner!

When:

Saturday, August 14th, 7:30pm!

Where:

Morton's Steakhouse

9525 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.

Rosemont, IL 60018

tel: 847-678-5155!

Why:

'Cause we're comic geeks!

How:

By foot! The place is right around the corner from the convention center and its hotels!

Who:

Me!

Rob React!

Flying Donut!

Fantasyfootballbono + "honey"! (grin.gif)

BassGMan!

Bobpfef!

Drummy!

CentaurMan!

Kevin Boyd!

Nochips!

Archiefan!

Five (yes, FIVE) members of the CGC travelling orchestra!

Perhaps some SURPRISE, MYSTERY GUESTS!?!

Anyone else who wants to join and doesn't blow all of their cash the days before!!

Any questions, comments, concerns, death threats, etc. can be PMed to me directly!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Alan