• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have You Seen the Fantastic Four #1 That Was Stolen From Me?

220 posts in this topic

Yup. There was a HUGE identity theft ring going on in Covington at that time. And the police had zero answers for me or my wife.

Am I the only person on this forum to ever have their id stolen? If someone else has, then you know it follows you for the rest of your life. especially if it was a deep id theft.

So the ID theft ring stole your identity and just happened to buy and sell the same type of books, using the same type of scans you bought and sold prior to and after the "ID theft" period?

And rather than change your account details to reroute to a different address, they sent the books to your home?

Very clever identity thieves. hm I wouldn't suspect a thing. lol

I have never dealt with the The Silver-Age but I have purchased from Nick. I bought a AF#15 from Nick on time payments. When I received the book, Nick's folks inadvertently sent the wrong order to me. Needless to say, I panicked.

Nick was incredible - he responded quickly to my PM, was calming and assured me he would take care of it - a gentleman throughout from my initial inquiry about the book.

He discovered it was sent to another boardie in the US and I had their order. We arranged to send the orders to the other and Nick reimbursed me the shipping. I have nothing but respect for Nick and have no reason to doubt what he is saying (not that anyone here does) but it makes me believe the credibility of The Silver-Age even less.

I have never dealt with the The Silver-Age but I have purchased from Nick. I bought a AF#15 from Nick on time payments. When I received the book, Nick's folks inadvertently sent the wrong order to me. Needless to say, I panicked.

Nick was incredible - he responded quickly to my PM, was calming and assured me he would take care of it - a gentleman throughout from my initial inquiry about the book.

He discovered it was sent to another boardie in the US and I had their order. We arranged to send the orders to the other and Nick reimbursed me the shipping. I have nothing but respect for Nick and have no reason to doubt what he is saying (not that anyone here does) but it makes me believe the credibility of The Silver-Age even less.

Yes Nik is 100% trustworthy, I'd take his word over the Pope. I think you can also lump Mr Zipper in the same end of the pool, he's been around a long time and his ethics are beyond question.

Yes Nik is 100% trustworthy, I'd take his word over the Pope. I think you can also lump Mr Zipper in the same end of the pool, he's been around a long time and his ethics are beyond question.

Seriously. If I had a bag of cash and needed someone to hold it for 10 years, Nick is on that short list of people I'd hand it over to without thinking twice about it.

Thank you. I haven't been as active as I was at one time, so I understand many of the newer members are not familiar with me. Glad some of the "old timers" remember. :foryou:

Thank you. I haven't been as active as I was at one time, so I understand many of the newer members are not familiar with me. Glad some of the "old timers" remember. :foryou:

You've always been a face of mine, Steve.

:applause:

Seriously. If I had a bag of cash and needed someone to hold it for 10 years, Nick is on that short list of people I'd hand it over to without thinking twice about it.

If only there was some sort of "bank" that could handle a situation like that... :baiting:

I've investigated ID theft cases, and this sounds like a load of to me. Based on what this guy is claiming, it sounds like a double dip; he benefits from ripping folks off and he benefits from filing a police report because any money spent out of his banking account is covered under the claim that it was unauthorized.

I'll be getting a copy of that police report if it exists and posting it here.

I've investigated ID theft cases, and this sounds like a load of to me. Based on what this guy is claiming, it sounds like a double dip; he benefits from ripping folks off and he benefits from filing a police report because any money spent out of his banking account is covered under the claim that it was unauthorized.

pizapcom10245472371112555271378056005032_zps0ee520bc.jpg

If only there was some sort of "bank" that could handle a situation like that... :baiting:

Maybe he took The Silver-Age's thread about how to get out of reporting paypal income to the IRS to heart. No deposit in the bank means nobody knows about the income. :D

:insane:

The name Trey rings a bell.

Is this the same guy who said his retarded brother sold all his stock out of his LCS for peanuts when they should have been sent to a boardie?

Or are there two dodgy Treys out there?

Is this the same guy who said his retarded brother sold all his stock out of his LCS for peanuts when they should have been sent to a boardie?

Wait, is this also that douchenozzle Trey who keeps popping out at me every time the guy in the seat in front of me on the train adjusts his seat? :mad:

Wait, is this also that douchenozzle Trey who keeps popping out at me every time the guy in the seat in front of me on the train adjusts his seat? :mad:

:boo:

You're thinking of Trey Cannon.

I trust some board members more than I trust the bank. ;)

Boom goes the dynamite.

(thumbs u

And potentially triple dip if they can fool everyone in believing they never received the item and pursue an insurance claim. I always wondered if there was a way to file an inquiry with USPS on an address to see the history of insurance claim activity by an individual? If they don't they should have a tips line available for people to report suspect activity. I had the unfortunate situation of dealing with a real slime who lived 4 hours from me, and who did this exact thing. I later discovered this from a repeat customer who was scammed by this same individual. He received a box filled with garbage, and when he contacted CanadaPost, the person he spoke with told him the seller had filed an insurance claim. So he was out over $600, plus they were trying to pursue a $1000 insurance claim.

I am too - thanks gaz.

Now that was a thread and a hafl!