• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have You Seen the Fantastic Four #1 That Was Stolen From Me?

220 posts in this topic

Very interesting that they bought and sold comics of all things. Something that you were dealing in at the time.

Yea how convenient is that ?!!! lol

This “ID thief” didn’t go for the typical route of stealing ID for bank cards or other credit accounts he went straight to comics !

Actually they did. Credit cards and bank accounts and my Paypal acct were hacked.

The hacker just happened to be a knowledgeable comic collector too?

Something stinks here... badly.

-slym

It keeps getting worse.

Lots of reputable boardies coming out of the woodworks with complaints.

There is a point at which the conspiracy theories and unfortunate coincidences are no longer convincing. We are fast approaching that point.

as for a few comments on here. I owned the home in 2003, but was in the process selling it and lived in AZ for nearly 9 months before it sold. Hence the home was vacant. as in, I was not there. that is when accounts started getting hacked. it was my fault as i was one of the dumb people that replyed to one of those "ebay" emails about updating your account. also, a post office box was opened in my name near that home in WA. and a bank account. all while i lived 1500 miles away. my entire ID was stolen, and yes there are police records. But i'm sure this will be viewed as a lie as well.

What police agency did you report this to? Do you have the case number?

that is when accounts started getting hacked. it was my fault as i was one of the dumb people that replyed to one of those "ebay" emails about updating your account. also, a post office box was opened in my name near that home in WA. and a bank account. all while i lived 1500 miles away. my entire ID was stolen, and yes there are police records. But i'm sure this will be viewed as a lie as well.

You were the victim of a phishing scam and that same person stole your ID to set-up a bank account and open a post office box in the same city where you had once lived?

BULLSHIT+Look+At+Description+.+Look+At+Tags_85ddaa_3758251.jpg

Yup. There was a HUGE identity theft ring going on in Covington at that time. And the police had zero answers for me or my wife.

Am I the only person on this forum to ever have their id stolen? If someone else has, then you know it follows you for the rest of your life. especially if it was a deep id theft.

Never mind, got it.

Oh for crikes sake! And what pray do I owe you for FT? You and I have bought and sold several books to each other. Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon????

No, we haven't.

I only ever bought the two books from you on eBay...and they never arrived...

Amazing Spider-Man #39 CGC 8.0 $153.50

Strange Tales #135 CGC 8.5 $85.12

...plus Air Mail shipping, which actually was much cheaper then, so $250 will cover it. (thumbs u

you sure that's me pal? last time I checked, there were 8-10 ebay sellers with "silver-age" in their ID.....and to my knowledge, that I can remember, I've never owned a CGC copy of ST #135. I've sold a ton of books, so I could be wrong. How long ago?

If you paid with Paypal, it should still be there on file. And the eBay or Paypal complaint. I'd love to see it. And you would have left me NEGATIVE feedback for it. Funny that it doesn't exist either. But I'm sure you will have a good reason why you didn't leave negative fb for being ripped off! I always leave positive feedback when someone steals from me on eBay.....lol

...who are also called 'Trey McDaniel'? hm

'Trey McDaniel' was very convincing regarding a delay in shipping the books, then a delay in Air Mail, then his efforts to track the books, then asking me to hold fire as he was certain he would track them down. Trey kept this up for a couple of months...until it was too late to either file a claim or leave a neg.

And your insinuation that I'm not telling the truth is beneath contempt.

Rather like you yourself.

Yeah, FT is many things: grumpy, annoying, a bit of a curmudgeon - but the last thing I would ever call him is dishonest.

that is when accounts started getting hacked. it was my fault as i was one of the dumb people that replyed to one of those "ebay" emails about updating your account. also, a post office box was opened in my name near that home in WA. and a bank account. all while i lived 1500 miles away. my entire ID was stolen, and yes there are police records. But i'm sure this will be viewed as a lie as well.

You were the victim of a phishing scam and that same person stole your ID to set-up a bank account and open a post office box in the same city where you had once lived?

BULLSHIT+Look+At+Description+.+Look+At+Tags_85ddaa_3758251.jpg

Yup. There was a HUGE identity theft ring going on in Covington at that time. And the police had zero answers for me or my wife.

Am I the only person on this forum to ever have their id stolen? If someone else has, then you know it follows you for the rest of your life. especially if it was a deep id theft.

Police report number, timeframe filed, and department filed with?

:bump: for Trey. You seem to have answered a lot of questions after this one. I saw the department name, but I'm waiting on the timeframe and report number. :taptaptap:

Oh for crikes sake! And what pray do I owe you for FT? You and I have bought and sold several books to each other. Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon????

No, we haven't.

...plus Air Mail shipping, which actually was much cheaper then, so $250 will cover it. (thumbs u

you sure that's me pal? last time I checked, there were 8-10 ebay sellers with "silver-age" in their ID.....and to my knowledge, that I can remember, I've never owned a CGC copy of ST #135. I've sold a ton of books, so I could be wrong. How long ago?

If you paid with Paypal, it should still be there on file. And the eBay or Paypal complaint. I'd love to see it. And you would have left me NEGATIVE feedback for it. Funny that it doesn't exist either. But I'm sure you will have a good reason why you didn't leave negative fb for being ripped off! I always leave positive feedback when someone steals from me on eBay.....lol

'Trey McDaniel' was very convincing regarding a delay in shipping the books, then a delay in Air Mail, then his efforts to track the books, then asking me to hold fire as he was certain he would track them down. Trey kept this up for a couple of months...until it was too late to either file a claim or leave a neg.

I hate to say this FT, but you either have me confused with another member, or your story is completely fabricated. You still haven't said how long ago this was, haven't provided Paypal transaction id # which is still available or explained why you didn't leave negative feedback after 2 months of no books.

Did you leave negative feedback?

I think you have me confused man, and I really mean that.

I do not have you confused with anybody...it is you.

The transaction was ten years ago and if I did pay using Paypal (these were younger, better days on eBay and I might have used a money order), the Paypal transaction number is not available as that account was closed long ago when I started my business and set-up a dedicated business account.

Here's why I know the 'hack' story was, and is, bollocks...

The items sold by the 'hacker' were the same as the items sold 'pre-hack'...almost exclusively CGC graded Marvel comics...and the auctions looked exactly the same.

I communicated at length with 'bad Trey' whilst my books were 'in transit' and then I communicated at length with 'good Trey' when he 'revealed' that the whole thing had been a scam. Strange thing was, from the expressions and syntax used in those communications, I couldn't tell the difference.

Lastly, I communicated with 'bad Trey' for around two months, suggesting that 'good Trey' was on the planet Zod for rather a long time, blissfully unaware that his entire ID had been stolen back on Earth.

No, we haven't.

Yeah, FT is many things: grumpy, annoying, a bit of a curmudgeon - but the last thing I would ever call him is dishonest.

I take exception to that. :sumo:

The correct abbreviation of my user ID is F_T. :baiting:

No, we haven't.

I take exception to that. :sumo:

The correct abbreviation of my user ID is F_T. :baiting:

Whoops, I have been using FT. Sorry FT.

he finally decided to give me a refund and told me to send the books back. He said he never received them, which could be true, but tracking showed they made it to his Post Office and then disappeared.

He later told me he had a friend working there....

hm

The plot

david-caruso-0409-lg_zps466e2c50.jpg

thickens

So the ID theft ring stole your identity and just happened to buy and sell the same type of books, using the same type of scans you bought and sold prior to and after the "ID theft" period?

And rather than change your account details to reroute to a different address, they sent the books to your home?

I communicated at length with 'bad Trey' whilst my books were 'in transit' and then I communicated at length with 'good Trey' when he 'revealed' that the whole thing had been a scam. Strange thing was, from the expressions and syntax used in those communications, I couldn't tell the difference.

Lastly, I communicated with 'bad Trey' for around two months, suggesting that 'good Trey' was on the planet Zod for rather a long time, blissfully unaware that his entire ID had been stolen back on Earth.

My experience was the same. If this was an ID theft, the thief also went to the extreme of also imitating writing style. And how does someone take your email account for months and you don't know it and/or can't stop it?