• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have You Seen the Fantastic Four #1 That Was Stolen From Me?

220 posts in this topic

Trey McDaniel

That name rings a wicked bell from my mid 2000 eBay days. Let me see if I can find something more...

Mid 2000s he was selling quite a few books from the winnipeg collection, i bought several, he seemed like a nice guy at the time :(

I googled:

"Trey McDaniel" +Washington

and this thread came up among the first 4 hits.

I am sure this will attract the attention of any HR department the next time Mr. McDaniel applies for a job (assuming it is his real name).

It's also a good example of why getting your full name out on the internet may come back to haunt you. Especially if you pull stunts like this one.

Sorry to hear it Steve. Seems hard to believe that a ebay account and a paypal account can be hacked and the item never arrived at the confirmed addy.

Especially since the guy who claims to have been "hacked" also happens to be a comic collector.

Sorry this happened to you Steve. And Nick too.

Have either of you looked this person up? Do you think this was an alias or a persons real name?

Trey McDaniel?

It's a real person. In fact, he is a boardie here. The Silver-Age.

After he first joined, I sent him a PM asking him if he ever bought an FF #1. His response was vague and non-committal.

I remember the guy now. Sorry, had to think it through. Yes, comicwiz, I do remember that thread.

I've never managed to do a deal with the guy, but not for lack of trying. He always had SA stuff I was interested in but as you state, his communication was always very vague and non-committal.

My gut was telling me that he was something shady, but I could never quite put my finger on what it was.

Sorry to hear about the trouble he put you guys through. :(

Since we have outed him here, it's Trey Samuel McDaniel III born in 1975.

Wife, Autumn McDaniel, hence the Trey-Autumn ebay ID.

He had a window tinting and auto painting business registered in AZ, it is now dissolved.

The house on Roadrunner Drive in Lake Havasu, AZ was sold 7-2011, so he is probably no longer there. Also I see his posts here trailed off summer 2011.

Last info I see in Lake Havasu points to Autumn running a business called Wireless Trends on Lake Havasu Blvd.

Sorry for your loss, hopefully nobody else will get taken.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.

I don't know if Trey McDaniel was in on then scam or a victim himself. His responses after the fact didn't do much to convince me he was also an innocent victim, but maybe he's just a lousy communicator. (shrug)

I posted this not with any realistic expectation of ever getting the book back, but hopefully I can be an ongoing thorn in the side of whomever the thief is. :devil:

Steve, until this thread, did you know this individual had wronged others in his dealings? Would be interesting to compare the timeline of when he stiffed Nick and you, because from the sounds of it, being "hacked" became an ongoing and convenient excuse to rip people off.

Steve, until this thread, did you know this individual had wronged others in his dealings? Would be interesting to compare the timeline of when he stiffed Nick and you, because from the sounds of it, being "hacked" became an ongoing and convenient excuse to rip people off.

I had no idea.

When he first joined the boards a few years ago I sent him the PM I previously mentioned. By coincidence, I later learned Nick had also been victimized in May 2003. We compared notes, but I was not aware of any other issues.

i bought a couple books from him here on the boards back in Nov. of 2009. He had them graded as NM OR NM+, Captain America #111 and Avengers #58. When I received them they were closer to VF on a good day so I asked for a refund. He had stated in his sales thread that he would do just that if you were not satisfied. He didn't want to give a refund when I asked and he . argued with me thru PM. He even started a thread on here about it without giving all the details. Anyway he finally decided to give me a refund and told me to send the books back. He said he never received them, which could be true, but tracking showed they made it to his Post Office and then disappeared. He later told me he had a friend working there and would keep an eye out for them . They were never found. I had insurance with the PO and filed a claim and got paid back thru them. I have no doubt this guy is guilty of Mr. Zipper's FF #1. I hope you find it or him. Sorry for the long paragraph. Mark

i bought a couple books from him here on the boards back in Nov. of 2009. He had them graded as NM OR NM+, Captain America #111 and Avengers #58. When I received them they were closer to VF on a good day so I asked for a refund. He had stated in his sales thread that he would do just that if you were not satisfied. He didn't want to give a refund when I asked and he . argued with me thru PM. He even started a thread on here about it without giving all the details. Anyway he finally decided to give me a refund and told me to send the books back. He said he never received them, which could be true, but tracking showed they made it to his Post Office and then disappeared. He later told me he had a friend working there and would keep an eye out for them . They were never found. I had insurance with the PO and filed a claim and got paid back thru them. I have no doubt this guy is guilty of Mr. Zipper's FF #1. I hope you find it or him. Sorry for the long paragraph. Mark

Sounds like his friend at the Post Office succeeded.

Sounds like his friend at the Post Office succeeded.

I think the body of evidence is becoming overwhelming. Yes accounts get hijacked but there isn't much purpose to hijacking someone's account unless you can intercept the items purchased and that seems unlikely. Add in the other 'problems' identified here and a pattern is obvious.