• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vince Greck , a new Australian dealer on CAF

179 posts in this topic

Rae's even started his own fan club (which he's promoting on the Steranko FB group) . . . lol

Yeah, we saw that in chat too. There is only 1 other member, and maybe it's Vince Greck aka one of his aliases!

Malvin

These days, Mike signs them "From Kirby, by Royer".

Mike puts alot of TLC into his recreations. He actually pencils out his tighter "inks" over the rougher Kirby base sketch, and then inks over his pencils. They look great! Too bad this dope took advantage of people. Although, anyone could have checked with Mike at any time to see if they had any Kirby pencils...

Research, folks!!!

sigh.

+1

Thanks Dave (thumbs u I wasn't aware of this thread.

The chances of a basic one figure pin up containing Mike's inks ON TOP OF Kirby's pencils floating around for sale, at a mere $800 no less, is tremendously unlikely. This resurfacing turd called Richard Rae prays on novices in the hobby, and every time he makes an attempt, a good man's name is dragged into a negative light where he simply doesn't deserve to be.

As Dave mentioned, Mike now signs his recreations and commissions (if applicable) "From Kirby/ by Royer". The way Mike signed them before was, admittedly, misleading, but was never an attempt to mislead by Mike. If he had known Rae was going to push these as having been penciled by JK's hand he never would done the sale.

But unfortunately this comes up every few months it seems. All we can do is set [this part of] the record straight.

Mike puts alot of TLC into his recreations. He actually pencils out his tighter "inks" over the rougher Kirby base sketch, and then inks over his pencils. They look great! Too bad this dope took advantage of people. Although, anyone could have checked with Mike at any time to see if they had any Kirby pencils...

Research, folks!!!

sigh.

+1

The chances of a basic one figure pin up containing Mike's inks ON TOP OF Kirby's pencils floating around for sale, at a mere $800 no less, is tremendously unlikely. This resurfacing turd called Richard Rae prays on novices in the hobby, and every time he makes an attempt, a good man's name is dragged into a negative light where he simply doesn't deserve to be.

As Dave mentioned, Mike now signs his recreations and commissions (if applicable) "From Kirby/ by Royer". The way Mike signed them before was, admittedly, misleading, but was never an attempt to mislead by Mike. If he had known Rae was going to push these as having been penciled by JK's hand he never would done the sale.

But unfortunately this comes up every few months it seems. All we can do is set [this part of] the record straight.

Unfortunately Rae has no respect for any of the artists involved. It's all about ripping people off to make a gain (profit or higher-end trade).

On the plus side, he's becoming more and more isolated in this hobby.

Oh Good Grief!! He has absolutely no sense of shame or decency!

I checked out the Steranko Facebook group page and saw the thread. If it's all original then perhaps someone should let Jim Warden know he has a "fake" in his gallery (I am kidding!) - http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=881299&GSub=129220

I realise there could be different versions (ie more than 1 prelim) but if Rae's involved........

Richard Rae's Facebook profile picture is a Sambo Michael Jackson doll ? Jebus...this guy just oozes class.

Interestingly, his wall photo is the Silver Sufer painting (in underpants) 'Vince Greck' had marked-up as being 'sold' (before Bill Cox pulled the plug on him) . . .

Richard Rae's Facebook profile picture is a Sambo Michael Jackson doll ? Jebus...this guy just oozes class.

Interestingly, his wall photo is the Silver Sufer painting (in underpants) 'Vince Greck' had marked-up as being 'sold' (before Bill Cox pulled the plug on him) . . .

Or should that read, ". . . before Bill Cox flushed him down the toilet."? hm

Research, folks!!!

sigh.

+1

Unfortunately Rae has no respect for any of the artists involved. It's all about ripping people off to make a gain (profit or higher-end trade).

On the plus side, he's becoming more and more isolated in this hobby.

This is true, thank God (thumbs u

Looks as though Richard Rae has either vacated the Steranko FB group voluntarily, or got booted off.

I had an on-line battle with him over the past few days (it got very heated and very nasty) and David Spurlock stepped in to issue warnings.

I had a look in a few hours ago and all traces of Rae have disappeared . . . including his offer of the Rich Buckler lightbox art . . . and the announcement of the Richard Rae Fan Club (consisting of two members, one of which is Rae himself and the other a FB friend of his).

Wonder where he will show up next? hm

Some strange happenings this past week . . .

During this time I've been sent two FB friends requests. One request was from a FB friend of Richard Rae's. The other is someone I don't know at all.

Shortly afterwards I get a FB mail from someone else.

Here's a cut-and-paste of the message I received:

Passing this on for a friend - about the Scammer RICHARD RAE.

Hi Terry,

You might want to publicise this on the Original Art and Comic Boards. I'm a little embarrassed about the whole thing and really don't want to broadcast my stupidity.

Richard Rae has been very active on Facebook, trying to sell some Mike Royer inked sketches as Jack Kirby originals. He has been offering them on time payment plans to members of this group and may have found a buyer:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/343032089095153/

Of even more concern, it appears he may be about to sell a large amount of Stanley Pitt items to an Australian collector. As you may know, Richard was Stan Pitt's manager for some time. However, he was fired before Stan's death and was supposed to return all of the artwork to Stan's son. Many significant pieces were NOT returned and Richard is now selling stolen material.

I'm embarrassed to say that I purchased some art from Richard, but discovered the postings about him. However, users on Facebook and the rest of the internet need to be warned.

Can you help?

Initially, I was a bit miffed about all this . . .

Curiously, Rae blocked me on FB . . . yet when I clicked-on to the link i was given, I could his posts? I've now blocked Rae, so neither of us can see each other's FB posts.

I've now joined this Silver Age FB group and have posted some warnings about Rae. Hopefully this might prevent other collectors from being burned but, unfortunately, Rae doesn't seem to be without his sypathisers.

If anyone here wants to pitch-in with a bit of support, feel free to click onto the FB link and participate.

Thanks.