• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I've heard both numbers too and have no idea what the actual number is. I've also heard that the black and white was limited to 100, 250 and 500 so I have no idea what the print run is on that book either. The only Bedlam variants I haven't heard conflicting numbers on are the Detriot Fanfare (500), Forbidden Planet (1000) and Third Eye (1000), but who knows if those numbers are accurate now. I'm also told that all of the Forbidden Planet variants are signed; although, I doubt that CGC and Forbidden Planet have worked out any arrangement such that the FP variants will get gold CGC labels.

There's no way that the sketch and the regular cover have the same print run ... just look at the numbers of each book that BeachBum ("Dre") got his hands on ... he had a stack of 25+ copies of the regular NYCC variant and 2 copies of the b/w sketch. I'd imagine that if the print run of the regular cover is 500 then the print run of the b/w sketch is 100 and if the print run of the NYCC variant is 1000 then the print run of the b/w sketch is 250 or less. My money is on the b/w being limited to 100 to 150 copies or so and the regular cover being 500 to 1000. The one I got off of ebay is from a very popular boardie who does tons of work/sales for other board member. It is within the realm of possibility that ten percent were immediately listed on ebay insofar as most eBay retailers are aware that being the first to list can sometimes get 200% or 300% of the value of the book. There's been so much buzz about this book that it's certain to disappoint some readers and I can see 10% of the people who got their hands on a copy would want to turn them over real quick so as to mitigate the risk of getting caught holding the book (particularly when there's 6 covers and the first ebay listing sold for $225).

Edited by Nico Esq

That's because Dre and other people can actually purchase the NYCC variant. The B/W was given away free. Which means Dre and others can't just walk up and purchase 20 of them. I'd be shocked if it was any less than 250.

Image has already confirmed there were 500 of NYCC. Unless they are just lying

Rosen where did image confirm the 500 number? Would you please share the link? Thanks!

http://nycc12.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibitor_details.cfm?exhid=364952

BEDLAM #1 NYCC Exclusive variant

Category: Comic

story NICK SPENCER

art/cover RILEY ROSSMO

Fillmore Press was once Madder Red, a homicidal maniac and criminal overlord who terrorized the town of Bedlam for years. Then he got better. This is what happens next. A double-sized introduction to a blood-soaked cityscape of murder, mayhem, and mystery by NICK SPENCER (MORNING GLORIES, THIEF OF THIEVES) and RILEY ROSSMO (REBEL BLOOD, GREEN WAKE)!

available at the Image Comics booth #1229

(limited to 500) $5.00

hey guys,

I got a black and white sketch off a vendor who told me that there was a lot of people at the breakfast and he said that they all got a copy. He figured based on the table size and all there was about 350 to 400 people there.

I don't know that the NYCC listing is 100% correct. For example, I couldn't find the table where the Michone and Pets PVC was being distributed ... I know it was being sold, but I don't think it made it on the website. The people who told me that the NYCC color Bedlam had a 1000 copy print run all accepted that it was originally solicited as limited to 500. I imagine that we'll get firm numbers on these books sooner than later. I also don't think it's entirely unreasonable for 15/100 people to put their copy of the Bedlam sketch variant on eBay when it has this much heat before it hits the press and people realize that there are 6 variants and that a comic about a reformed serial killer has a ceiling when it comes to secondary market prices. I highly doubt that the b/w sketch cover has a print run of more than 250 copies and I'm leaning towards the 100 copy number. If I'm wrong, it certainly won't be the first time. lol

hey guys,

I got a black and white sketch off a vendor who told me that there was a lot of people at the breakfast and he said that they all got a copy. He figured based on the table size and all there was about 350 to 400 people there.

Hi - yes the sketch was free to all those invited to the breakfast.

To the General Public,there is only the 500 con variants.

I imagine a few peeps committed their breakfast copies to people to list on ebay as soon as they were in hand..

I have it on good authority that they were nearly all gone yesterday,even AFTER a price rise - yup an inter-con RISE.

I would imagine they have pretty much gone by now.

This book is something else....

When i placed the order for Bedlam in August I swore I would not go crazy and just get 10 copies of #1 @ $1.75 I figured if I was at a LCS I would spend more than $18 any ways. Now 2 months later and less than 2 weeks from the release date I have tons of regular and variant covers pre ordered. I hope this comic rocks. I am tired of eating cup o noodles.