• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure Riley has finished issue 6, so...not sure why there would be a delay.

Talked to Riely at ECCC and he said he finished issue 6 already. He also said the new artist was amazing and to check out some of his previous stuff.

I'm pretty sure Riley has finished issue 6, so...not sure why there would be a delay.

Talked to Riely at ECCC and he said he finished issue 6 already. He also said the new artist was amazing and to check out some of his previous stuff.

That is a relief, a delay can destroy a book

I've scooped up more Sketch 1's. This by far is the most overlooked book right now, and I'm glad. I can afford 1's at $5 all day, and sketches at $70. I think it's only a matter of time before we see an increase tho. The writing is far too good.

I've scooped up more Sketch 1's. This by far is the most overlooked book right now, and I'm glad. I can afford 1's at $5 all day, and sketches at $70. I think it's only a matter of time before we see an increase tho. The writing is far too good.

Good observations.... :golfclap:

#5 was great.

i cannot wait for the new artist. the art still is very . was hoping it would improve with each issue. Fillmore and Acevado look like the same person, or at the very least brother and sister. the Dr's face when we get to the reveal page in issue 5 is horrible.

I hope you are right about the sketch 1 going up; I just bought a 9.8 cgc double SS sketch #1

If the book doesn't get a bump from the TPB it may be a long time before you see an increase in the book. Readership has to increase. Keep watching the regular Bedlam 1 issue. When you see them selling above cover consistently then you know more new readers are coming and your strategy will work.

I cant deny the writing is very good just wish they would have chosen a different artist. It may just be like Revival and be a long slow burn before readers catch on.

If the book doesn't get a bump from the TPB it may be a long time before you see an increase in the book. Readership has to increase. Keep watching the regular Bedlam 1 issue. When you see them selling above cover consistently then you know more new readers are coming and your strategy will work.

I cant deny the writing is very good just wish they would have chosen a different artist. It may just be like Revival and be a long slow burn before readers catch on.

good advice from one of the last old school boardies in the modern forum :preach: To follow up on Fastballs advice, this is why, the rule of thumb is to wait six issues before going all in. Right now, you can still get #1 at cover except you have the added advantage of a complete story to gauge the quality of the book. After the initial flippers flip and move on, the market is more stable and you have more to go on. People panic and start to dump books. I picked up my Sagas right before Christmas before the spike. I didn't see the spike coming but I felt like it was time. Edited by mldynes

Yes on the rule of thumb - but let's be honest, the cover art sucks. That was my first indication to avoid this book, and candidly between that and the 1000000 variants which left people wondering which 1 was the right 1, was a huge red flag. I'm not diminishing the panel art, the story, or the direction, but the cover blew. Quality does impact desire and it starts with the cover.

Yes on the rule of thumb - but let's be honest, the cover art sucks. That was my first indication to avoid this book, and candidly between that and the 1000000 variants which left people wondering which 1 was the right 1, was a huge red flag. I'm not diminishing the panel art, the story, or the direction, but the cover blew. Quality does impact desire and it starts with the cover.

This is a little subjective though as I personally really like the Irvin covers. I am not saying you not right just that it's not a case of just because you hate it, it doesn't mean everyone else does.

Yeah, you're right. It does seem subjective though. I don't know what the % of like/dislike is but given the past posts, it has to be higher than say Saga/NWM. A lot of people like the covers, a think a lot don't like the covers too. Has to play into it.

I hope you are right about the sketch 1 going up; I just bought a 9.8 cgc double SS sketch #1

I have read a few times that there were 500 NYCC variants released, how many NYCC Sketch cover variants are there?

I have read a few times that there were 500 NYCC variants released, how many NYCC Sketch cover variants are there?

About 1k NYCC and 500 RRP sketches

About 1k NYCC and 500 RRP sketches

Thanks