• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Uninspiring trailer, give the movie rights back to Marvel Studio!

This looked really bad, and I was getting a bit hyped for the movie - I really don't understand what they're trying to do - match the First Class X-Men with the present movie X-Men?

Isn't it supposed to be Present to Future? I don't get it, where's the surprise and intrigue when there are no "future versions" of the X-Men? (shrug)

Also, shouldn't the movie be called Days of Present Past?

Uninspiring trailer, give the movie rights back to Marvel Studio!

This looked really bad, and I was getting a bit hyped for the movie - I really don't understand what they're trying to do - match the First Class X-Men with the present movie X-Men?

Shouldn't the movie be called Days of Present Past?

Isn't it supposed to be Present to Future? I don't get it, where's the surprise and intrigue when there are no "future versions" of the X-Men? (shrug)

It does seem somewhat strange.

Wolverine saturation was why I left the X-titles. Changing the story so Kitty doesn't travel to the past still bothers me. Not enuff Sentinels in trailers. Good thing I go to matinees. Still pizzed at Marvel for Mandarin.

I thought all those things dropping from the airships were sentinels. There were hundreds, thousands of them. The trailer had at least four characters in one on one battle against sentinels.

That was my understanding as well.

Why do movies/shows set in the future have airships? Also, it was so dark how could you tell? Poster says it all, "Jackman and J Law are hot commodities".

Wolverine saturation was why I left the X-titles. Changing the story so Kitty doesn't travel to the past still bothers me. Not enuff Sentinels in trailers. Good thing I go to matinees. Still pizzed at Marvel for Mandarin.

I thought all those things dropping from the airships were sentinels. There were hundreds, thousands of them. The trailer had at least four characters in one on one battle against sentinels.

That was my understanding as well.

Why do movies/shows set in the future have airships? Also, it was so dark how could you tell? Poster says it all, "Jackman and J Law are hot commodities".

Why wouldn't they have airships? Do you know something we don't?

hm

dunno if it's been posted but the poster is terrible

BjgH4ncIYAAQ-xw.jpg

one thing Marvel do very poorly is movie posters

Prof X looks like the bauce.

I would wager that Marvel/Disney has NOTHING to do with this poster in terms of the design. This is a FOX movie, they control all the rights, including advertising and distribution

Pretty much as I called it months ago. Future terminator/drones post-apocalyptic scenario, crew sends someone back to change past. Also, my other prediction was a short prologue baton handoff from classic team to new team (in this case reversed as older x-men to first class) just as in star trek generations. I expect the film to be much more centered around first class storyline with older generation sentinels (grateful for that, as nimrod generation looks too matrix/organic for my tastes).

Either way, I'm still excited to go see it at the movies!

Pretty much as I called it months ago. Future terminator/drones post-apocalyptic scenario, crew sends someone back to change past. Also, my other prediction was a short prologue baton handoff from classic team to new team (in this case reversed as older x-men to first class) just as in star trek generations. I expect the film to be much more centered around first class storyline with older generation sentinels (grateful for that, as nimrod generation looks too matrix/organic for my tastes).

Either way, I'm still excited to go see it at the movies!

Looks like you're always right.

You'll do well here.

...Either way, I'm still excited to go see it at the movies!

Looks like you're always right.

You'll do well here.

If I learned anything from here... it's that sometimes you gotta toot your own horn.

But thanks for sharing that Senior wisdom with this rookie. :hi:

Watch the Marvel one shot "Hail to the King" and you will feel better.

That ending was really cool. But now I want to see the follow-up, and find out what happened to Trevor Slattery.

:ohnoez:

They should've stayed trued and sent Kitty back. But whatever, I dug the trailer and I am excited to see the film.

I got goose bumps throughout the whole darn thing. Iceman sliding, Sunspot powering up, thousands of Sentinels filling the sky, Magneto just casually tossing all those cops aside, a Nimrod possibly filleting Halle Berry...what's not to like? It's a freakin' live- action comic book!

Gonna go back and watch it again right now. :)

Peace,

Chip

I got goose bumps throughout the whole darn thing. Iceman sliding, Sunspot powering up, thousands of Sentinels filling the sky, Magneto just casually tossing all those cops aside, a Nimrod possibly filleting Halle Berry...what's not to like? It's a freakin' live- action comic book!

Peace,

Chip

With that much star power in one big superhero film, this is going to be quite interesting.

$250 MM domestic; $650 MM worldwide easily is what this has the potential to hit.

Peace,

Chip

One of my favorite covers looks like it gets it's moment in the sun in this movie.

xmen209_zps374bedc7.jpg