• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

I give it a 10. A comic book brought to life on the silver screen.

Which comic book? :baiting:

I don't read comic books, never have so i was under the impression this was a xmen story. Maybe not verbatim but in continuity. I'm a flipper or a geek, that's why I liked it so much.

:tonofbricks:

lol

Just saw the movie today. Wow! It`s right up there with the first two Nolan Batman movies as best superhero movies ever, and just a shade better than X-Men First Class.

The 2+ hours just flew by. I really didn`t want the movie to end.

Just saw the movie today. Wow! It`s right up there with the first two Nolan Batman movies as best superhero movies ever, and just a shade better than X-Men First Class.

Wow!

Knowing how you will not let the inner fanboy influence your review, that speaks volumes about this movie,

:applause:

Wow!

Knowing how you will not let the inner fanboy influence your review, that speaks volumes about this movie,

my son and I are going today. is it just me or is NA experiencing superhero movie fatigue? as good as Cap II was, it barely cracked $250mm. ASM is going to crawl past $200mm and now X-Men is down 66% in its second weekend and will struggle to get to $225MM. Wasn't it just 2 years ago that that POS IM3 did $400mm? of course China is picking up the slack, but is that a recipe for financial success given the less profitable nature of overseas BO receipts?

Wow!

my son and I are going today. is it just me or is NA experiencing superhero movie fatigue? as good as Cap II was, it barely cracked $250mm. ASM is going to crawl past $200mm and now X-Men is down 66% in its second weekend and will struggle to get to $225MM. Wasn't it just 2 years ago that that POS IM3 did $400mm? of course China is picking up the slack, but is that a recipe for financial success given the less profitable nature of overseas BO receipts?

I would say, yes, maybe there is some superhero fatigue, but also:

Captain America just doesn`t seem to be able to pull in as big a crowd, even though the 2 Cap movies were much better than, say, the Thor movies. Maybe he`s just considered to be too small or too hokey.

ASM is down because the Spidey reboot blows.

X-Men is down from Memorial Day weekend, but also perhaps the "reboot" that started with XFC has too much good acting, good dialogue and character development to appeal to the core younger demographic while still not drawing in the cross-over female audience that was so critical for Dark Knight. I believe XFC was the lowest grossing of all of the X-Men movies.

Wow!

I would say, yes, maybe there is some superhero fatigue, but also:

Captain America just doesn`t seem to be able to pull in as big a crowd, even though the 2 Cap movies were much better than, say, the Thor movies. Maybe he`s just considered to be too small or too hokey.

ASM is down because the Spidey reboot blows.

X-Men is down from Memorial Day weekend, but also perhaps the "reboot" that started with XFC has too much good acting, good dialogue and character development to appeal to the core younger demographic while still not drawing in the cross-over female audience that was so critical for Dark Knight. I believe XFC was the lowest grossing of all of the X-Men movies.

I wouldn't discount the fact that some folks don't go for the following two reasons:

- Tickets and concessions for two adults > the cost of a Blu Ray. Or for a summer blockbuster, wait for Black Friday, and the Blu Ray is $10. ASM 2 and Godzilla are already on my list for November.

- The movie theater experience is really dicey in my area. If I'm shelling out $30, I don't want sub-par audio and a so-so screen. The nice theaters are more expensive, and have more people that attend, which can also drastically alter the movie-going experience.

Having said that, it's hard to ignore that better quality movies like X-Men: First Class and DOFP are going to come in behind the terd that was Last Stand. Fewer people are attending, that's for sure. Perhaps because we are now used to getting 4 or more comic related movies a year, and because they are crossing over more, there is less of a sense of urgency to go see them.

Wow!

Reported May 30th:

"Worldwide it’s at $340.7 million, more than the first X-Men ($296.3 million) and almost as much as X-Men: First Class ($353.6 million). By next week Days of Future Past will beat X-Men: The Last Stand ($459.4 million) to become the highest grossing entry in the franchise. X-Men: Days of Future Past should finish its worldwide box office run north of $700 million at this rate. With the series back on track, we are definitely ready for X-Men: Apocalypse now."

Don't know where you are getting your figures.

Wow!

Reported May 30th:

"Worldwide it’s at $340.7 million, more than the first X-Men ($296.3 million) and almost as much as X-Men: First Class ($353.6 million). By next week Days of Future Past will beat X-Men: The Last Stand ($459.4 million) to become the highest grossing entry in the franchise. X-Men: Days of Future Past should finish its worldwide box office run north of $700 million at this rate. With the series back on track, we are definitely ready for X-Men: Apocalypse now."

Don't know where you are getting your figures.

Mike is talking about North America box office only, whereas you`re talking about worldwide gross. So you`re both correct, but as Mike points out, the margins from foreign box office receipts tend not to be as high as domestic.

Wow!

It certainly does.

this is from DC & Marvel Box office numbers it shows the latest numbers for these movies.

r7DaP2G.png

Y9x3dsq.png

From Tuesday and Wednesday alone, 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' added $13,924,025, 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' added $1,314,150 and 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' added $30,7543.

It is still unclear what ASM 2's production budget truly was, though rumors are anywhere from $225-$300 MM in addition to $180-$190 in marketing expense. Just to be safe, I'll go with $300 MM right now for the production budget.

I wouldn't discount the fact that some folks don't go for the following two reasons:

- Tickets and concessions for two adults > the cost of a Blu Ray. Or for a summer blockbuster, wait for Black Friday, and the Blu Ray is $10. ASM 2 and Godzilla are already on my list for November.

- The movie theater experience is really dicey in my area. If I'm shelling out $30, I don't want sub-par audio and a so-so screen. The nice theaters are more expensive, and have more people that attend, which can also drastically alter the movie-going experience.

Having said that, it's hard to ignore that better quality movies like X-Men: First Class and DOFP are going to come in behind the terd that was Last Stand. Fewer people are attending, that's for sure. Perhaps because we are now used to getting 4 or more comic related movies a year, and because they are crossing over more, there is less of a sense of urgency to go see them.

This is why I started my site www.filmigos.com. To try and help my friends decide which films to spend money on in the theater.

You can rate the movie here!

XMEN: DOFP

Just came back from watching 'Maleficent' with the family. If there is a movie that could potentially distract from 'X-Men: Days of Future Past this weekend', this is one of them. Very well done special effects, and a decent twist on the original story. Many people were clapping at the end of the movie, and throughout the movie folks were enjoying the light jokes throughout. Especially some of the faerie folk playing tricks on one another.

Not an amazing Disney movie. But one worth watching at least once, and pretty family-friendly throughout.

I went with my wife and another couple this afternoon to see the film. All of us watch the comic book movies, but I'm the only confirmed comic geek of the group. I think I enjoyed it the most, but even i found the movie lagged in spots. The action scenes were few and far between, and god do I feel sorry for someone who hasn't seen any of the previous X movies trying to enjoy/follow this one. I would give it a solid B- and everyone else in the group was leaning toward a C or so.

I think I enjoyed it the most, but even i found the movie lagged in spots. The action scenes were few and far between

You know, I have to admit that it may be the only superhero movie I`ve ever seen where I was actually wishing for more action scenes.

But I would gladly accept additional time being devoted to good dialogue and character development in exchange for yet another brainless fight sequence any day.

Of course, this is probably why DOFP won`t be massive at the box office.

I saw X-men tonight at the drive-in with my wife. I liked it, but my wife didn't have much to go on except a couple of the past movies most of which she had forgotten, so she thought it was just okay.

The opening movie was Godzilla, that one we both agreed on. It was horrible. For a movie called Godzilla it would have been cool to have him in the movie for at least 15 minutes or more. It made the Mathew Broderick version look like Gone With the Wind.

Ouch!

BOX OFFICE: MALEFICENT Takes The Top Spot From X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Despite an incredible opening last week, X-Men: Days of Future Past will fall to second place this weekend in North America with an estimated $32 million three day total after taking $9.6 million on Friday. It's been beaten by Disney's Maleficent, the live-action Sleeping Beauty prequel which stars Angelina Jolie. That earned $24.2 million when it opened yesterday, and now looks set for a $70+ million by the end of tomorrow. $65 million is a more conservative estimate, but that's still a great debut, especially as it has already taken over $20 million overseas.

Ouch!

BOX OFFICE: MALEFICENT Takes The Top Spot From X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Despite an incredible opening last week, X-Men: Days of Future Past will fall to second place this weekend in North America with an estimated $32 million three day total after taking $9.6 million on Friday. It's been beaten by Disney's Maleficent, the live-action Sleeping Beauty prequel which stars Angelina Jolie. That earned $24.2 million when it opened yesterday, and now looks set for a $70+ million by the end of tomorrow. $65 million is a more conservative estimate, but that's still a great debut, especially as it has already taken over $20 million overseas.

What happened? X-Men: Days of Future Past had good word of mouth, but yet took a bigger drop then ASM 2 did in its second week? ASM 2 did $35.5 million in its second week, while X-Men: Days of Future Past is estimated to do $32 million.

ASM gets critical reviews, while X-Men: Days of Future Past got universal praise. I am stumped then why X-Men: Days of Future Past had such a drop?

hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur