• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Saw the movie with my son last weekend. We both loved it. As much as I missed the White Queen, I liked this movie better than First Class. The Sentinels were one of my favorite villains due to the original Days of Future Past storyline. It was great to see them on the big screen finally, and it was a bit sad to see some of my favorite characters as a kid being killed off by them. Poor Colossus just does not get any respect......... :sorry:

lol sad but sooo true unfortunately

Edited by Kal-El

With only being out twenty-two days compared to Amazing Spider-Man 2's forty-three days, 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' has now surpassed its domestic market performance.

'X-Men' passes 'Spider-Man'

X-Men: Days of Future Past: $199,065,000

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: $197,677,000

But none have come close yet to Cap.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier: $256,059,625

With only being out twenty-two days compared to Amazing Spider-Man 2's forty-three days, 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' has now surpassed its domestic market performance.

Marvel synergy with it's movies as everything seems to tie together. (thumbs u

Now, I feel like chaging my tune.

I think Guardians of the Galaxy might miss*. This summer seems a bit too crowded with funnybook event movies. It sounded great at first, but moviegoers might voice concerns about a better variety of films from Hollywood, with second weekend grosses.

*I'm not saying it will be a bad movie, I just don't think the mainstream will be ready for another larger than life comic movie they never heard of before. For all the people that are ready to mention Blade being unfamiliar, Blade had a smaller budget, it wasn't that big of a risk.

i guess you got to update the movie thread

I heard there's gonna be a movie based on the Days of Future Past stories.

Marvel synergy with it's movies as everything seems to tie together. (thumbs u

Now, I feel like chaging my tune.

I think Guardians of the Galaxy might miss*. This summer seems a bit too crowded with funnybook event movies. It sounded great at first, but moviegoers might voice concerns about a better variety of films from Hollywood, with second weekend grosses.

*I'm not saying it will be a bad movie, I just don't think the mainstream will be ready for another larger than life comic movie they never heard of before. For all the people that are ready to mention Blade being unfamiliar, Blade had a smaller budget, it wasn't that big of a risk.

I think GotG will be a surprise summer hit. ;)

i guess you got to update the movie thread

I'll wait until the weekend results arrive. Interesting that Captain America keeps going up even after being out now for over 60 days now.

+1

I actually thinkthe to the movie going public God does not feel like a comic book movie. much closer to science fiction than a comic book movie.

I agree with these. I am hoping I can bring my youngest to the GOTG movie.(he is 5)

+1

I actually thinkthe to the movie going public God does not feel like a comic book movie. much closer to science fiction than a comic book movie.

I agree with these. I am hoping I can bring my youngest to the GOTG movie.(he is 5)

Interestingly, have a house guest this weekend and he told me he is getting sick of all the superhero films out there right now. Then he told me the film he's really looking forward to is GoTG.

+1

Interestingly, have a house guest this weekend and he told me he is getting sick of all the superhero films out there right now. Then he told me the film he's really looking forward to is GoTG.

From the trailers I've seen, they are targeting the younger generation, or the easily amused. I'll skip this one

That's crazy how international receipts are starting to dwarf domestic.

Why?

Because most Americans still can't believe that there are people living outside of America.

Why?

Because most Americans still can't believe that there are people living outside of America.

Because these are American products produced in (American) English. I suppose it's not crazy because Hollywood seems to be the best in the world at producing movies that please the masses as of now, but it is interesting.

Why?

Because these are American products produced in (American) English. I suppose it's not crazy because Hollywood seems to be the best in the world at producing movies that please the masses as of now, but it is interesting.

They insert subtitles for countries that aren't English-speaking, so language really isn't that much of a barrier.

American movies are definitely one of the most influential American exports. With their worldwide market base, only the Hollywood studios can afford to make lavish films with state of the art special effects and global superstars with budgets of $200 million.

Why?

They insert subtitles for countries that aren't English-speaking, so language really isn't that much of a barrier.

American movies are definitely one of the most influential American exports. With their worldwide market base, only the Hollywood studios can afford to make lavish films with state of the art special effects and global superstars with budgets of $200 million.

This was not always the case. At some point there was a watershed. Assuming that the data presented for X-Men films is accurate, X-Men 1 had a larger domestic take than international. And that movie had subtitles as well, so thanks for being patronizing.

Why?

The Motion Picture Organization published its latest annual study back in March 2014 about the box office worldwide market.

AUC3OtA.png

U.S./Canada was fairly level when it comes to year-over-year growth, while international markets displayed substantial growth. So it makes sense that studios would have to consider the entire worldwide market versus just the U.S./Canada market. There is just too much market to miss out on otherwise.