• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

No - it's called Hollywood re-writing.

(:

-slym

That's what I thought at first, but then It seemed like there was more to this story in the comics later on. (shrug)

There was. Bishop came from the same future that DOFP existed in as did Rachel Summers.

The funny thing is that the intention of the plotter of the original story was that it was supposed to be a clearly defined "win" for the X-Men at the time and that by preventing Senator Kelly's death, they changed the future.

Obviously Claremont didn't feel like leaving well enough alone.

Someone has got to me fill me in. In the X-Men cartoon, Bishop goes back in time to prevent Xavier's death, correct? Isn't the title of this cartoon, Days of Future Past?

Uncanny X-Men 141/142 is the original DOFP storyline. Bishop hadn't even been created yet. What am I missing? Did this story pick back up later on in the comics?

That's what I think the movie is trying to take advantage of. There are other future-state characters that travelled back in time which were not created yet. But if they had been, then the storylines would blend together more clearly.

Otherwise, where was Bishop in the future when Days of Future Past took place originally? Was his timeline altered leading to his birth?

I'm okay that they are putting all the pieces together when it comes to the past and the future. I just want to see them make the story solid. And from these latest trailers, many of us may get our wish.

:wishluck:

Does anyone else think the music in the trailer sounds like "Kashmir"?

I wonder how Led Zeppelin feel about this.

Depends on how long it takes the check to clear.

I'd say they feel

tumblr_m1cm80RIJT1qj40aw.gif

Just watched the new trailer and am definitely excited for the movie! Looks like Colossus might get some more screen time which would be nice. I think this is gonna be a good one!

The Sentinels look like the weak link to me, but even they don't look horrible. Just kind of average.

I wasn't all that impressed by the sentinels either (they look cooler in the comics). We'll see though!

Disappointed in the sentinels as well. Seemed like that would be an easy way to keep some of the comic mojo/continuity (make comic fans happy).

These new robots look like the art director said, "I don't read comics, but hey, I've got a cool idea!"

No - it's called Hollywood re-writing.

(:

-slym

That's what I thought at first, but then It seemed like there was more to this story in the comics later on. (shrug)

There was. Bishop came from the same future that DOFP existed in as did Rachel Summers.

The funny thing is that the intention of the plotter of the original story was that it was supposed to be a clearly defined "win" for the X-Men at the time and that by preventing Senator Kelly's death, they changed the future.

Obviously Claremont didn't feel like leaving well enough alone.

What issue has Bishop coming back from the future? Is this where the cartoon took the idea from?

142 ends kind of abruptly, with Xavier telling Angel that he doesn't know If they changed the future. Is this more elaborated on later down the road with Bishop?

Someone has got to me fill me in. In the X-Men cartoon, Bishop goes back in time to prevent Xavier's death, correct? Isn't the title of this cartoon, Days of Future Past?

Uncanny X-Men 141/142 is the original DOFP storyline. Bishop hadn't even been created yet. What am I missing? Did this story pick back up later on in the comics?

That's what I think the movie is trying to take advantage of. There are other future-state characters that travelled back in time which were not created yet. But if they had been, then the storylines would blend together more clearly.

Otherwise, where was Bishop in the future when Days of Future Past took place originally? Was his timeline altered leading to his birth?

I'm okay that they are putting all the pieces together when it comes to the past and the future. I just want to see them make the story solid. And from these latest trailers, many of us may get our wish.

:wishluck:

I totally agree. I'm actually glad they they arent strictly focused on the 141/142 storyline, because there's much more that could be taken into consideration.

Notice the bright glow behind the characters? Time travel.

uncannyxmen282.jpeg

The X-Men return to the mansion with the body of Jean Grey, who was killed by the Sentinels while the X-Men attended a party at the Hellfire Club. Xavier scans Jean and discovers that the woman is not dead, but has somehow transferred her psyche into the body of Emma Frost, who supposedly died, though Xavier does not believe so. Jean wakes up inside Emma’s body and witnesses Fitzroy forcibly take control of the Upstarts from Shinobi Shaw. Later on, Fitzroy displays his powers and opens a portal to the future to bring some of his allies. When he tries to absorb Emma, Jean retaliates and surprises everyone with her telekinesis. The X-Men find Jean, thanks to data from a Sentinel, and they bring her back to the Blackbird to return her back to her body. The other X-Men stay behind to battle Fitzroy, who kills all the Hellions in his possession and opens a giant portal, which unleashes an army of denizens from the future. The X-Men defeat the army and turn their attention to Fitzroy, who is attacked by new arrivals from the portal, including a man named Bishop, who wears a uniform similar to those of the X-Men!

Edited by Bosco685

uncannyxmen282.jpeg

The X-Men return to the mansion with the body of Jean Grey, who was killed by the Sentinels while the X-Men attended a party at the Hellfire Club. Xavier scans Jean and discovers that the woman is not dead, but has somehow transferred her psyche into the body of Emma Frost, who supposedly died, though Xavier does not believe so. Jean wakes up inside Emma’s body and witnesses Fitzroy forcibly take control of the Upstarts from Shinobi Shaw. Later on, Fitzroy displays his powers and opens a portal to the future to bring some of his allies. When he tries to absorb Emma, Jean retaliates and surprises everyone with her telekinesis. The X-Men find Jean, thanks to data from a Sentinel, and they bring her back to the Blackbird to return her back to her body. The other X-Men stay behind to battle Fitzroy, who kills all the Hellions in his possession and opens a giant portal, which unleashes an army of denizens from the future. The X-Men defeat the army and turn their attention to Fitzroy, who is attacked by new arrivals from the portal, including a man named Bishop, who wears a uniform similar to those of the X-Men!

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Didn't see this posted here yet... notice, at the 2:08 mark (roughly), wolverine is slicing a dude with his bone claws - yet they make a distinctly metallic noise. Sound guy screwed up?

Guess I should add a spoiler warning, as folks on youtube are complaining this trailer gives away too much, so, spoiler warning!

This looks great. Not a fan of the Sentinels but not a deal breaker.

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

I always liked Bishop, and have my OO books that I bought off the shelf when these came out. So it is definitely fun to see this material making it to the movies.

uncannyxmen282.jpeg

Too much hair.

Too much hair.

lol

There was the Copper Age thread to address this, which became a competition for finding the most excessive mullet for that time.

I think it was a draw between Superman, Sue Storm and Longshot.