• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Rankings 2012

369 posts in this topic

I would like to submit that life is way too damn short to continue this fued over a transaction from so long ago. Move on, everyone.
:o

:grin: Great minds.....

I think at this point we get it.

Buyer is offended by dealer's actions

Dealer feels that they dealt with the situation to the best of their abilities.

Buyer does not feel that way.

The end result is that the buyer is never spending money on anything that particular dealer has to offer ever again.

That sums it up? I have been following this thread since the very first post.

]I wish you guys would just make a "WW Comics lost my book" thread.

Because after reading Brian's well thought out OP, I admit to being chagrined that it morphed into this.[/b]

While Brian's Dealer Rankings may or may not be gospel to everyone that read it. The fact that he thought it through, and put pen to paper astounds me.

And even though I have not really bought, or sold a book in years doesn't not matter.

I read it all the same, with keen interest.

Thanks to Brian for the list.

+1

Eh, my mind`s made up already, so nothing anyone says here about any particular dealer is going to matter.

Anyone have a link to the "shilling" issue bought into question a few pages back... or the validity of that accusation?

I honestly had never heard that brought to light (busy selling sheeet you know)... and if its true, I need to re-formulate what I feel about this list now.

If no one wants to stir more brown... just PM me with the link.

Maybe next year put up the 10 hottest wives list and see if there's any controversy :grin:

I appreciate the intent of the dealer list but there is no way in hell that it would ever end on a high note.

This WW/cheetah vs sufunk is a total show, and if it wasn't this it would probably be some other retarded Kraap (thumbs u

Sorry, guys, if my 7 posts derailed the thread. I just don't enjoy seeing someone elses professional repuation getting hammered for my mistake.

I think that they should hug it out and make one of those "Call Me, Maybe?" parody videos that are all rage these days.

USA Swimming, Bieber and Gomez, Jimmy Fallon, Katy Perry and others made them but nothing beats the Cookie Monster and Sesame Street Workshop.

Enjoy...

"Heyyyy!!! Me just met you!! And this crazy!!! You got cookie so share it maybe?!"

With all due respect, and as much as I commend Brian for his efforts, if the response to questions of integrity being raised in this thread is to take the matter offline or PM, this comes off as being nothing more than a fluff piece.

With all due respect, re-hashing an old complaint that already sports its very own thread on the Boards detracts from the attempt to have an engaging and enlightening exchange of ideas about strengths and weaknesses of various highly ranked dealers.

With all due respect, and as much as I commend Brian for his efforts, if the response to questions of integrity being raised in this thread is to take the matter offline or PM, this comes off as being nothing more than a fluff piece.

+1

IMO there is no purpose for this thread if it does not allow others with past experiences to critique the list. Brian's experiences with these dealers/sellers are only based on his criteria and buying level relationship resulting in a Top-10 that may not be comparable to the average buyer.

As a smaller, more focused collector my list is almost in complete reverse than his. The larger sites rarely concern themselves with me with respect to level of customer service (Heritage is the only exception to this - always great service no matter what).

With my criteria in mind I can say without a doubt that Dale Roberts is my number one. He has always answered PM's with great responsiveness and even though I do not always buy the service he provides is without a doubt top-notch.

I would like to submit that life is way too damn short to continue this fued over a transaction from so long ago. Move on, everyone.

:makepoint:

This has Friday written all over it.

With all due respect, re-hashing an old complaint that already sports its very own thread on the Boards detracts from the attempt to have an engaging and enlightening exchange of ideas about strengths and weaknesses of various highly ranked dealers.

Yep.

I'm lost. Cheetah sold sufunk a book he never got, but sufunk is holding it against Matt Nelson because it may or may not have been lost while he may or may not have been pressing it? :ohnoez: This is REALLY the wrong thread for this if Worldwide isn't the one who sold him the book. :screwy:

+1

IMO there is no purpose for this thread if it does not allow others with past experiences to critique the list. Brian's experiences with these dealers/sellers are only based on his criteria and buying level relationship resulting in a Top-10 that may not be comparable to the average buyer.

Sorry, but I didn't see that Cheetah was on Brian's dealer list.

Jeff,

I was understanding about it for like a freaking year until my once every two months pm asking for an update became unbearable for you to deal with. I only even sent those because THIS is what you pm'd me a couple days after i discovered the book was missing:

The Avengers 64 9.6 was cracked out by Worldwide coz they thought it might bump to 9.8. It's back under my account and going through the pressing process. If it comes back a 9.8, I'll still sell it to you. Anyway you could see through paying the pressing and regrading fee? It ought to be about $40. If it comes back a 9.6, I'll still sell it to you for the original amount. It'll be a month or more before I get it back, though.

How in gods name did you come up with THAT explanation a few days after it happened but now maybe you never even owned the book or never even sent it anywhere. I dont think its some "conspiracy" to keep me from getting this $170 book. I know EXACTLY what it is because YOU told me NUMEROUS times EXACTLY what the situation was. You and Matt dont give a mess and dont have the time or will to look for a book that measly. Thats not my opinion, thats what YOU told me yourself.

You can think its lunacy all you want to for me to rehash this once a year in the dealer rankings thread.

Personally, i think its LUNACY for a dealer to be ranked in the top 10 when he cant find the time to respond to a customers emails or inquiries with a valid complaint for over a year but has the time to make sure he lets his employee know which of his auctions are going too low for his tastes and should be shilled up. Thats not something im making up, that is FACT. Vacliff came on here and freely admitted Matt routinely tells him which of his auctions he needs to bid up. Sorry, it annoys the hell out of me that they have the time for that but not the time to respond to my emails or find my book (thumbs u

Jason, I've had my own issues with Matt, but to be fair, it was Steve that Cliff referenced in that thread, not Matt.

I've also dealt with Jeff lots of times and he's been more than generous in times when we asked for help for members, and more than fair in our personal transactions.

I'm pretty organized, but I once couldn't find a book I had listed on my data base that someone wanted, I've now learned to make sure I have the book in front of me, because we are human and frankly, stuff happens.

I understand that you would have liked Matt to have been more responsive, but I think Jeff more than made up for it here. ..and it was Jeff's book. I can't imagine any

more apologies to be made at this point.

Life really IS too short... :foryou:

+1

Sorry, but I didn't see that Cheetah was on Brian's dealer list.

No he wasn't but based on Jason's opinion of dealers he had a problem with WWC & Matt for their customer service related to finding a book that may or may not have been in their possession.

No he wasn't but based on Jason's opinion of dealers he had a problem with WWC & Matt for their customer service related to finding a book that may or may not have been in their possession.

He's rating them for customer service on a book he wasn't even their customer for? :screwy: Their role in the transaction was to help out cheetah in finding the book--raking them over the coals for not helping him enough on a lost book they may never even have received is bizarre.

He's rating them for customer service on a book he wasn't even their customer for? :screwy: Their role in the transaction was to help out cheetah in finding the book--raking them over the coals for not helping him enough on a lost book they may never even have received is bizarre.

Exactly. Jason never should have even contacted Steve or Matt. He bought the book from Jeff, and all correspondence should have been with him.