• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

Nice! Post a scan. :popcorn:

This one that was on Comiclink recent focused auction.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2Fauctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=950985

I had a 9.4 raw but sold it at the recent Edmonton Pop Culture comic convention.

I love this book, the Red Sonja portrayed inside is my favorite: she is a flirty "swashbuckler"

Can't see. :(

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2Fauctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=950985

I had a 9.4 raw but sold it at the recent Edmonton Pop Culture comic convention.

I love this book, the Red Sonja portrayed inside is my favorite: she is a flirty "swashbuckler"

I will post a new image once I have the book in hand, is in transit, I expect I will have it by the weekend.

I will post a new image once I have the book in hand, is in transit, I expect I will have it by the weekend.

:popcorn:

Big news at heritage auctions they have a big batch of red sonja

http://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+793+794+791+1893+792+2088&chkNotSold=0&Ntk=SI_Titles&Nty=1&Ntt=red+sonja

I would think a very big Dynamite colector is selling of his good stuff ???

Should get big prices !

:)

It will be a realy big show !

Edited by gyro-1

It will be nice when they post some pics. I've been wanting a #13 Frank Cho Silver Foil for a while, but I don't collect slabbed Dynamite books. You have to keep in mind that there are quite a few 9.9's and 10.0's for these books. Most of my raw copies are flawless. Especially my #8 RRP. I paid $4.00 for it, and cannot find a single flaw on it. Paid a little more for some of the other RRP, foil, virgin, and sketch covers, but not much though. With most modern books it should not be too hard to find pristine raw copies. There's just no shortage of them. So in my mind there's just no point in paying for a graded copy. Of course if you order them directly from Dynamite they're always going to look like someone played Frisbee with it before you got it. I'm exaggerating of course, but not by much.

BTW, there's a 9.8 Marvel #5 Red Sonja on eBay right now with 11 hrs. left, and it's at $5.50. What does that say?

red sonja 5 is always cheep for some reason ?

It will go in the 50-60 range

Americans need to keep in mind the 11$ shipping in the usa is a big advantage over international 24$ on low cost books keeping many international bidders away

----------

Compleatly off topic marvel never got back to me ?

:(

red sonja 5 is always cheep for some reason ?

It will go in the 50-60 range

Americans need to keep in mind the 11$ shipping in the usa is a big advantage over international 24$ on low cost books keeping many international bidders away

----------

Compleatly off topic marvel never got back to me ?

:(

Didn't see what it ended at, but a 9.8 Savage Sword #1 just went for $353.00. That doesn't bode well.

What, Marvel not respond to a fan question? You don't say. Like I said, I asked Stan Lee himself, and got no answer. IMO, the reason for the two #9's was the print quality of the 5/78. The 11/78 colors are much more vibrant, and I can usually tell which is which just by looking at the cover, but who knows, the real reason could be anything.

definetly in yours the colors show that but I took my 2nd print held it up to my raw copy and it looked very much the same ??

We need some one else with both in 9.8 to get a third opinion

Here is my Conan 24 9.4 white pager

RAD62BC42012105_114248.jpg

I would love to have the original art to this cover.

:cloud9: That is some sweet copy.

I've been always eyeing a dynamite copy of 22 23 24s Segovia covers here, no luck as well. i want them to get signed, too bad no one really collects the she devil here.

definetly in yours the colors show that but I took my 2nd print held it up to my raw copy and it looked very much the same ??

We need some one else with both in 9.8 to get a third opinion

Yeah, good luck with that. There's only five of each, and I may be the only one to have both. I've had a few of both copies raw, and the 11/78 copies are always brighter.

So I was thinking (dangerous, I know), what if many of the 5/78 copies were damaged? Retailers complain, and Marvel offers to replace them. Give them a couple months to send them back, and place their orders for new ones, a couple months to process the orders, and another couple months to get them printed and sent out. There's your six month difference between the two issues. We're talking 1978 snail mail here so it would've easily taken that long. If you look at the Star Wars comics from around the same time it actually has "reprint" in the Marvel box for the second print copies. I'm not talking about the Whitman's with the diamond price box, but the square price box w/UPC code. If Marvel considered Red Sonja #9 from 11/78 a reprint wouldn't they have placed the "reprint" in the Marvel box? I think what we have here are replacement copies. Something to chew on anyway.