• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

No its seems to much for that grade ?

There are some pence 24's out there same grade

Gad I get burned on theses raw books so bad !!!

lol

Comic collecting is FUN :roflmao:

Edited by gyro-1

Yeah, but it's pretty far from the capital, where I live. And our country is more of the mainstream collector type so it's pretty tough to get some of the underrated characters here. In other words you are more likely to see a IM#55 here than a Conan #23/#24. :insane:

Edited by ygerg

It's tough. Though it's not that much of a concern here, well for some they store it the proper way, but the comic industry here in the Philippines right now is doing good. Collectors are getting around. :)

Look what I have, can you guys give it a quick grade. Am I in the club now? :cloud9:

redsonja001_zps7c2c06b3.jpg

Edited by ygerg

Ok I mesaged world wide comics to see if they had any idea were my 9b came from

my email to them==>

I was wondering if you would know who you bought the red sonja 9 I bought from you was and If I could contact them to find out where they got it raw ?

What I am up to is I am trying to track down were the second print red sonja 9s were distributed in the USA

You likely didnt know when you sold it that it was a rare second print and I am guessing the person before you didnt know

So my goal here is to figure out were in usa it was sold originaly then figure out why marvel reprinted a low selling book

Thanks

the answer===>

Sorry for the late reply on this email, but we have been traveling and a lot lately.

I was not aware the #9 was a reprint copy, but we got it in an auction lot last year and I could not tell you where in the country it came from, sorry.

Looks like a cool task trying to isolate where they were distributed. It probably would not result in anything, but did you try contacting Marvel?

Stephen Ritter

WorldWide Comics

----------------------------------

So looks like I will be fallowing that advice amd contacting Marvel !!!

Isnt comic colecting fun !!!!

THANKS Stephen

+++++++++++++++++++

Let the fun begin I sent this to marvel.com ===>

This is a long shot

I am trying to find out who in marvel would know about a second print book that was published in

11/78

It seems almost know one knows about the second printing of Red Sonja 9 (11/78) and I am trying to track down its history

Thank you

Edited by gyro-1

Ok I mesaged world wide comics to see if they had any idea were my 9b came from

my email to them==>

I was wondering if you would know who you bought the red sonja 9 I bought from you was and If I could contact them to find out where they got it raw ?

What I am up to is I am trying to track down were the second print red sonja 9s were distributed in the USA

You likely didnt know when you sold it that it was a rare second print and I am guessing the person before you didnt know

So my goal here is to figure out were in usa it was sold originaly then figure out why marvel reprinted a low selling book

Thanks

the answer===>

Sorry for the late reply on this email, but we have been traveling and a lot lately.

I was not aware the #9 was a reprint copy, but we got it in an auction lot last year and I could not tell you where in the country it came from, sorry.

Looks like a cool task trying to isolate where they were distributed. It probably would not result in anything, but did you try contacting Marvel?

Stephen Ritter

WorldWide Comics

----------------------------------

So looks like I will be fallowing that advice amd contacting Marvel !!!

Isnt comic colecting fun !!!!

THANKS Stephen

+++++++++++++++++++

Let the fun begin I sent this to marvel.com ===>

This is a long shot

I am trying to find out who in marvel would know about a second print book that was published in

11/78

It seems almost know one knows about the second printing of Red Sonja 9 (11/78) and I am trying to track down its history

Thank you

I asked Stan Lee himself, and got no answer. Good luck!

It's tough. Though it's not that much of a concern here, well for some they store it the proper way, but the comic industry here in the Philippines right now is doing good. Collectors are getting around. :)

Look what I have, can you guys give it a quick grade. Am I in the club now? :cloud9:

redsonja001_zps7c2c06b3.jpg

Oh that's some tough bindery work on that one. That white line down the left side is actually the back cover bent around to the front, and that same amount has been cut off of the right side of the cover. Almost the whole left front leg of the unicorn is missing. This is pretty common, but I've never seen a mis-cut this much on a #1. The #13's and #7's are famous for this, as are the Conan #24's. CGC doesn't take points off for it, but I prefer not to see it. With the stresses, and rounded corners I would say it's about a mid-grade copy. Maybe Fine - (5.5) to Very Good/Fine (5.0). It's tough trying to find mint raw copies from this era. Even my reader copies which are pretty nice are a far cry from my graded 9.8 white pages books. They're not even close when you compare them hand in hand. Hope you didn't pay too much for it. I have an extra #1 that's not perfect, but it's in a little better shape. I'd just give it to you, but shipping from Florida to the Philippines would probably be more than the book is worth. It's yours if you want it though.

@gyro1 Now that's research, but good luck with that, I hope you get the answer you're looking for. :)

@wizardseye311 Thanks for the input, what are the reasons for mis-cut? The printing press itself? I didn't pay for it that much. Thank you for that! I would love that Red Sonja #1! Keep it for me! lol:grin:

This happens during the bindery process. After all the pages and cover are printed (they're in big sheets) they have to be cut to their individual size, folded, and stapled. There's a thread on here somewhere about factory defects, and any number of things can go wrong during the printing and bindery process as that thread can attest to. Basically, if something is not lined up correctly you run into problems. Some are actually pretty cool like double covers, centerfold as page one, uncut pages, etc. Quality control is supposed to weed these out, but sometimes they slip through.

The Red Sonja #1 is yours if you pay for shipping. Message me if you want, but I'm sure shipping will be quite high, and may not be worth the trouble.