• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

original art ?? $75

This will make you art colectors smile jump up and down and do back flips !

http://www.anthonyscomicbookart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=29420&ArtistId=609

Theses guys have afordable red sonja art !!!

http://www.anthonyscomicbookart.com/SearchResult.asp

131627.jpg.f225afe6ae7e42867d69b01499ec630c.jpg

131631.jpg.1899c3e3e1247d1264924bfca0239cee.jpg

Edited by gyro-1

I have never seen a colored OA before. wow. :cloud9:

It's not the OA for this issue. It's what's known as a color separation test. Notice the red pencil marks and circles? Those are the flaws that need to be addressed. Wiki explains the process:

"The process of color separation starts by separating the original artwork into red, green, and blue components (for example by a digital scanner). Before digital imaging was developed, the traditional method of doing this was to photograph the image three times, using a filter for each color. However this is achieved, the desired result is three grayscale images, which represent the red, green, and blue (RGB) components of the original image:

The next step is to invert each of these separations. When a negative image of the red component is produced, the resulting image represents the cyan component of the image. Likewise, negatives are produced of the green and blue components to produce magenta and yellow separations, respectively. This is done because cyan, magenta, and yellow are subtractive primaries which each represent two of the three additive primaries (RGB) after one additive primary has been subtracted from white light.

Cyan, magenta, and yellow are the three basic colors used for color reproduction. When these three colors are variously used in printing, the result should be a reasonable reproduction of the original, but in practice this is not the case. Due to limitations in the inks, the darker colors are dirty and muddied. To resolve this, a black separation is also created, which improves the shadow and contrast of the image. Numerous techniques exist to derive this black separation from the original image; these include grey component replacement, under color removal, and under color addition. This printing technique is referred to as CMYK (the "K" stands for Key, a traditional word for the black printing plate).

Today's digital printing methods do not have the restriction of a single color space that traditional CMYK processes do. Many presses can print from files that were ripped with images using either RGB or CMYK modes. The color reproduction abilities of a particular color space can vary; the process of obtaining accurate colors within a color model is called color matching."

No, these are test print runs. Maybe 100 to 1,000 copies to make sure everything is lined up. Notice the red, yellow, blue, black, and circles with the cross hairs around the edge? Those all have to line up, and then there's still some adjustment issues seen with the red pencil circles. So the final adjustments are made, and the print run starts. Occasionally through the run the pressman will pull a couple sheets for inspection. If anything isn't lined up, more adjustments are made. As with most mass produced items, flaws are inevitable. Even more so on the interior pages. The flawed copies should be discarded, but some will slip through depending on the laziness of the pressman. Some of my Marvel Feature reader copies are so slurred I can barely read them, lol.

Did you notice the comic code box is missing on your copy ?

and the horse head is chopped

Because it's the direct market ed. The news stand covers have the CC and UPC symbols with the #7 inside the price box. Both covers were cut across the horses face though.

Here is my Conan 24 9.4 white pager

RAD62BC42012105_114248.jpg

I would love to have the original art to this cover.

:cloud9: That is some sweet copy.

I've been always eyeing a dynamite copy of 22 23 24s Segovia covers here, no luck as well. i want them to get signed, too bad no one really collects the she devil here.

Some potential bad news: This comic is not yet in my hands, it was purchased via Comiclink whose head office is in Maine. They did not yet ship this out, and I have heard that their warehouse was flooded due to hurricane Sandy. ( can anyone confirm this information? )

I hope my book is ok...

Here is my Conan 24 9.4 white pager

RAD62BC42012105_114248.jpg

I would love to have the original art to this cover.

:cloud9: That is some sweet copy.

I've been always eyeing a dynamite copy of 22 23 24s Segovia covers here, no luck as well. i want them to get signed, too bad no one really collects the she devil here.

Some potential bad news: This comic is not yet in my hands, it was purchased via Comiclink whose head office is in Maine. They did not yet ship this out, and I have heard that their warehouse was flooded due to hurricane Sandy. ( can anyone confirm this information? )

I hope my book is ok...

That's sad new, I hope everyone is okay there. and I hope your comic is alright and the warehouse itself.

@wizardseye311 Ohh, I get it now, thanks fot the information. it's so obvious that you can see the variations of color on both versions.

and I didn't see that Brunner until just now. That's just awesome.

Ok positive proof that some people have to much time on thier hands

conan 86 apri 78 - no second print

conan 86 may 78 - no second print

conan 86 june 78 - no second print

amazing spiderman 180 april 78 no second print

amazing spiderman 180 may 78 no second print

amazing spiderman 180 june 78 no second print

avengers 171 april 78 no second print

avengers 171 may 78 no second print

avengers 171 june 78 no second print

:)

Edited by gyro-1

Ok positive proof that some people have to much time on thier hands

conan 86 apri 78 - no second print

conan 86 may 78 - no second print

conan 86 june 78 - no second print

amazing spiderman 180 april 78 no second print

amazing spiderman 180 may 78 no second print

amazing spiderman 180 june 78 no second print

avengers 171 april 78 no second print

avengers 171 may 78 no second print

avengers 171 june 78 no second print

:)

Not sure I understand why you have three months for each issue. Aren't they all from 5/78?