• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

I'll let you know when it arrives. My Blackthorne Sheena 3-D came with them completely separate from the comic (blue and red lenses), but my 3-D Zone #16: Space Vixens has them attached at the staples inside the comic. Makes it very hard to find a decent copy of an already hard to find book because you almost destroy the spine trying to get the glasses out. Another one I've been trying to find is the Cherry #11 3-D, but again, finding a decent 1st print copy with glasses is almost impossible. If you couldn't tell, I love 3-D comics. Wish I could afford some of the Golden Age ones in high grade, but they're pretty rare. The ones that are out there are well read, and border on being rags. Imagine being a kid in the 50's, and getting a 3-D comic. Those things got passed around like a party favor.

I found a 35 cent variant super cheep !

Not a good grade though

http://cuttingedgecollectibles.com/Comics/Red%20Sonja.html

Have you ever bought from them, Randy? I was looking the site over, and found some interesting things, but it hasn't been updated since August 2010. Just wondering if they were still doing business.

Just found this. Red Sonja #1 Midtown Exclusive Nei Ruffino Virgin Ultra-Limited Cover. $50.00. Ouch!

Hay I bet you beachbum could get her to sign that and ss it?

I will pm him on it ?

Edited by gyro-1

Just picked up my first Red Sonja book. Not my usual target book but the price was nice and I always like pence variants.

Red_Sonja_001a_zps7142b1f0.jpeg

Having read it, I'll be on the look out for the rest of the series.

Back issues of Red Sonja and Uncanny X-Men are the two series that got me started reading and collecting comics in 1983. While I still have a good number of slabbed books (e.g., Conan 23 9.6, Conan 24 9.8, MF 1 9.8, all old-label, strictly-graded, hopefully unpressed beauties), I have since become one of the bigger collectors of Red Sonja original art. If you're a Sonja fan, check out these examples from my collection online:

Barry Windsor-Smith - Conan the Barbarian #23 Page - Red Sonja's First Ever Panels in Comics

Frank Thorne - Marvel Feature v. 2 #6 Cover Art

Boris Vallejo - Red Sonja "When Hell Laughs" Paperback Cover Art

Esteban Maroto & Neal Adams - Savage Sword of Conan #1 Page

John Buscema - Conan the Barbarian #67 Page

Sal Buscema - Red Sonja v. 1 #14 Page

Mary Wilshire - Red Sonja v. 3 #3 Cover Art

Frank Brunner - Conan and Red Sonja Conan #24 Scene Commission

Gabriele Dell'Otto - Red Sonja vs. Thulsa Doom #1 Cover Art

Whoops - forgot to post this one from my collection the last time around. it's the John Romita Sr. original cover art to Red Sonja (Dynamite) #3 (Dynamic Forces Alternate Cover, 2005):

John%20Romita%20Sr%20Red%20Sonja%203%20Dynamic%20Forces%20Alternate%20Cover.jpg