• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

Back issues of Red Sonja and Uncanny X-Men are the two series that got me started reading and collecting comics in 1983. While I still have a good number of slabbed books (e.g., Conan 23 9.6, Conan 24 9.8, MF 1 9.8, all old-label, strictly-graded, hopefully unpressed beauties), I have since become one of the bigger collectors of Red Sonja original art. If you're a Sonja fan, check out these examples from my collection online:

Barry Windsor-Smith - Conan the Barbarian #23 Page - Red Sonja's First Ever Panels in Comics

Frank Thorne - Marvel Feature v. 2 #6 Cover Art

Boris Vallejo - Red Sonja "When Hell Laughs" Paperback Cover Art

Esteban Maroto & Neal Adams - Savage Sword of Conan #1 Page

John Buscema - Conan the Barbarian #67 Page

Sal Buscema - Red Sonja v. 1 #14 Page

Mary Wilshire - Red Sonja v. 3 #3 Cover Art

Frank Brunner - Conan and Red Sonja Conan #24 Scene Commission

Gabriele Dell'Otto - Red Sonja vs. Thulsa Doom #1 Cover Art

Whoops - forgot to post this one from my collection the last time around. it's the John Romita Sr. original cover art to Red Sonja (Dynamite) #3 (Dynamic Forces Alternate Cover, 2005):

John%20Romita%20Sr%20Red%20Sonja%203%20Dynamic%20Forces%20Alternate%20Cover.jpg

I watched that auction for the Romita Sr. Red Sonja #3 on HA. I really thought it would go for much more. Nice grab. As for the other pieces, which I've viewed many times, your collection is beyond words. I really like the Mary Wilshire cover for Vol. 3 #3. Some amazing pieces.

I watched that auction for the Romita Sr. Red Sonja #3 on HA. I really thought it would go for much more. Nice grab. As for the other pieces, which I've viewed many times, your collection is beyond words. I really like the Mary Wilshire cover for Vol. 3 #3. Some amazing pieces.

Thanks for all the kind comments, everyone!

I really like that Vol. 3 #3 cover too...it was one of the first comics I ever bought off the stands back in 1983, so I was thrilled to nab that one, especially after losing out on it the first time it came up for sale 5 years earlier (computer froze during the dying seconds of the eBay auction!)

I had actually purchased the sole 9.8 Vol. 3 #3 Red Sonja from Torpedo Comics. Yes, the one owned by System of a Down’s drummer John Dolmayan that went out of business. After a month it never arrived, and PayPal refunded my money. I even tried to ask him if he still had it on his Facebook with no response. Here's a scan of it. If anyone knows where it is I would be very interested in it.

138534.jpg.a258d31abb82913daa5f9b26fee511af.jpg

Just picked up my first Red Sonja book. Not my usual target book but the price was nice and I always like pence variants.

Red_Sonja_001a_zps7142b1f0.jpeg

Having read it, I'll be on the look out for the rest of the series.

PENCE! Nice grab... ;)

this would look great beside your 9.8 wizard

mark jeweler version

http://www.ebay.ph/itm/MARVEL-TEAM-UP-79-SPIDER-MAN-AND-RED-SONJA-1979-FN-/221185913906

Geez, the shipping is almost as much as I paid for the 9.8. I think my Pence copy is nicer, and it was only $12.00 with shipping. ;) Didn't realize it was Phillipine Pesos. Yeah, with shipping that's about $6.00. Big difference lol

Edited by wizardseye311

Thanks! I've ordered #75 at Dynamic Forces, still waiting for it to arrive in stock.

Did they put the COA in the case? If there's only 25 copies each of these it should be documented somewhere on the label or at least have the COA encapsulated. Don't you agree?

Thanks! I've ordered #75 at Dynamic Forces, still waiting for it to arrive in stock.

Did they put the COA in the case? If there's only 25 copies each of these it should be documented somewhere on the label or at least have the COA encapsulated. Don't you agree?

Actually I didn't send it along; I didn't think they would include it. I'll keep that in mind for #75 if they print it.

Actually I didn't send it along; I didn't think they would include it. I'll keep that in mind for #75 if they print it.

I think they will put the COA in, but you have to tell them to.