• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

OMFG

Cheetahs set is poof

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=330

Will the inhumanity ever END

:(

It was a good one I hoped t get close to someday !

I saw that. So I guess I'm at #2 now, but with Doc's SS books he will stay at #1 even if I ever find a #11. I think mine is the only set to have all issues with white pages though, and I do have both #9's. How about Barry James with the double cover Marvel Feature Vol. 2 #4 in 9.8? Snuck right by you didn't he? That is one awesome book. (worship)

Red Sonja DATA

Notice the red Sonja 1 uk :)

Link is hard to get to work so copy paist

-http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/customissues.asp?title=Red Sonja&yearstart=1977&yearend=2013

What got me going on this was spider man 300 has 7000 plus books graded

Red Sonja just over 2100 from 1 all they way through to now

:)

She may not be as popular as spiderman but she does OK

No shortage on those 300's, but everybody wants one. I noticed there was only one Dynamite #4 Glow In The Dark 9.8. Hard to find even raw, but I'll bet mine is a contender. It's pretty nice. I'll post a pic.

Hi everyone,

I received a PM about the lot of Conan's I sold earlier today in the Gold/Silver/Bronze section. I had stated that the cover for Conan 22 was the true cover for 23. (I also made the mistake of saying 'first Red Sonja' which obviously wrong, I meant to write that beside Conan 23)

I should have been more clear. The Cover for Conan 22 was indeed the intended cover for 'The Shadow of the Vulture', the first Red Sonja story which of course appeared in 23. If I am not mistaken, Barry Smith was running behind on the artwork but the cover had been turned in so at the last minute they went with a reprint of Conan 1. So with Barry's story in hand the following month, Conan 23 was published with a cover by Gil Kane. Interesting I think that Red Sonja's first comic has two different covers.

As, I had stated in my sales thread, I had collected this group of mid-grade Conan's for a binding project. My intention would have been to have the Smith cover (22) go with the Smith story (23) and I probably would have kept the Kane cover for the back of the book.

Edited by Mr Sneeze

Hi everyone,

I received a PM about the lot of Conan's I sold earlier today in the Gold/Silver/Bronze section. I had stated that the cover for Conan 22 was the true cover for 23. (I also made the mistake of saying 'first Red Sonja' which obviously wrong, I meant to write that beside Conan 23)

I should have been more clear. The Cover for Conan 22 was indeed the intended cover for 'The Shadow of the Vulture', the first Red Sonja story which of course appeared in 23. If I am not mistaken, Barry Smith was running behind on the artwork but the cover had been turned in so at the last minute they went with a reprint of Conan 1. So with Barry's story in hand the following month, Conan 23 was published with a cover by Gil Kane. Interesting I think that Red Sonja's first comic has two different covers.

As, I had stated in my sales thread, I had collected this group of mid-grade Conan's for a binding project. My intention would have been to have the Smith cover (22) go with the Smith story (23) and I probably would have kept the Kane cover for the back of the book.

I checked the GCD and it says the artwork was lost in the mail as opposed to late.

You guys should read the original R. E. Howard story, "Shadow of the Vulture". Conan #23 is loosely adapted from this story, and is the inspiration for Roy Thomas' Red Sonja. In the original she is Red Sonya of Rogatino. Not the Hyborian Queen we know and love, but a fire haired Ukrainian battle maid. Roy Thomas took the character, and made her his own after a fan had hinted in a letter that another R. E. Howard character, Red Sonya, would make a good companion for Conan. With a change from, "Sonya" to, "Sonja", placing her in the Hyborian age, and mixing in parts of the Irish myth of Scathach, the Goddess she gets her power from, Red Sonja was born.

Though it takes place in the 1500's, and not Hyboria, Red Sonya is as entertaining as ever. You can read R. E. Howards original story, "Shadow of the Vulture" here, for free:

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0608101.txt

Tn5J5QN.jpg

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7423963#Post7423963

Red Sonja 8, series 1

It seems flawless to me, save a little concern over the lower staple pinching (?) -- which is amazing considering I bought this from a 7-11 rack as a kid. I may have just bagged this as soon as I got home without opening it. W-OW pages.

I read the first 40 or so pages of this thread and felt like sharing this copy with you guys who might appreciate it-- I used to buy everything I could whenever I made the trek to the old 7-11 on my bike back in my Chicago days as a kid. I have several more of these, but was so mad at myself for cutting out the coupon in the back of the dang Marvel Feature #1.It's wierd that I didn't read some of these because I used t always buy up the Conan graphic mags-- and enjoy those stories.....but I have a couple of the RS that appear untouched

Hi welcome to the fan club

You see the popped staples a lot with the UK pence issues

I think the more people handle it the more the paper gets pulled or pushed the more likely it happens

I do know with the pence issues you have to look close for it happening on almost all that are for sale in that grade

And welcome to the CGC boards