• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #1

100 posts in this topic

Ok guys, I was going to keep this on the down-low until I had it in hand, but this conversation is getting a little weird. I pulled the trigger on the book.

Congrats on the pick-up as this is a wonderful book to own,especilly when you get it for a discount to guide! (thumbs u

I guess the original purchaser had to take a substantial multi-thousand loss just to move this book in the end. Hopefully, this current negative sentiment towards the pre-hero books is just a passing phase and these books start to move back up in the near future. :wishluck:

Even outside of the classic cover, the fact that there are only 11 blue label copies in the world, it being the title that introduced Batman and became DC's namesake, you cannot overlook the importance of introducing Slam Bradley.

His face often mirrored Superman's and there would be no Superman if not for Slam Bradley who would later become part of the DCU himself. Didn't he end up working for the Gotham PD at one point?

This is a major MAJOR book.

Congrats! :applause:

Ok guys, I was going to keep this on the down-low until I had it in hand, but this conversation is getting a little weird. I pulled the trigger on the book.

Congrats on the pick-up as this is a wonderful book to own,especilly when you get it for a discount to guide! (thumbs u

I guess the original purchaser had to take a substantial multi-thousand loss just to move this book in the end. Hopefully, this current negative sentiment towards the pre-hero books is just a passing phase and these books start to move back up in the near future. :wishluck:

Thanks for the congrats. :) I realize the book may trend downward, so I made an offer I could live with, psychologically speaking. I am not looking for a flip, and I'm super excited.

Thanks for the congrats. :) I realize the book may trend downward, so I made an offer I could live with, psychologically speaking. I am not looking for a flip, and I'm super excited.

Personally, I don't think it will trend downward. It might be flat for a while, but I don't think you're going to lose money on this deal.

And I'm super jealous

Good pick up. This is a great book. Unless he wears (or she wears) a cape interest is limited. In the big picture of comic history, this is not only a significant book but has a great cover.

jb

And I'm super jealous

:foryou:

While I wish that every collector could have every book, jealousy also has its perks. lol

Good pick up. This is a great book. Unless he wears (or she wears) a cape interest is limited. In the big picture of comic history, this is not only a significant book but has a great cover.

jb

Thanks, jb. Given that you have one of the most wonderful GA collections I've ever heard about, I'll take a thumbs up from you as a good omen indeed. :)

[...]

jb

Personally, I consider Detective 1 far more interesting than any superhero book. And in contrast to most/all other historically important pre hero books, it does have a dramatic and iconic cover.

Congratulations on the new addition to your collection. Great to see this ending up in a good home in contrast to several of the Eldon Dedini and Billy Wright Detectives over the last few years.

Personally, I don't think it will trend downward. It might be flat for a while, but I don't think you're going to lose money on this deal.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

I'll be whispering those words into my wife's ear while she's asleep tonight. ("I won't lose money...I won't lose money.") lol

Still waiting for the book to land. Ah, registered mail.

(thumbs u

I'll be whispering those words into my wife's ear while she's asleep tonight. ("I won't lose money...I won't lose money.") lol

Still waiting for the book to land. Ah, registered mail.

Would love to see some pics once you get the book in hand. :popcorn: