• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #1

100 posts in this topic

Ok guys, I was going to keep this on the down-low until I had it in hand, but this conversation is getting a little weird. I pulled the trigger on the book.

Congrats on the pick-up as this is a wonderful book to own,especilly when you get it for a discount to guide! (thumbs u

I guess the original purchaser had to take a substantial multi-thousand loss just to move this book in the end. Hopefully, this current negative sentiment towards the pre-hero books is just a passing phase and these books start to move back up in the near future. :wishluck:

Thanks for the congrats. :) I realize the book may trend downward, so I made an offer I could live with, psychologically speaking. I am not looking for a flip, and I'm super excited.

Personally, I don't think it will trend downward. It might be flat for a while, but I don't think you're going to lose money on this deal.

(thumbs u

I'll be whispering those words into my wife's ear while she's asleep tonight. ("I won't lose money...I won't lose money.") lol

Still waiting for the book to land. Ah, registered mail.

One of my favorite lines to use for sleep hypnosis!!!!

Great pick-up!!! :applause:

Shrunkenhead, congratulations on a great buy! If I was the seller I sure wouldn't let it go for so cheap! At the last Heritage auction a moderately restored Tec #1 with slightly brittle pages went for $11,352! So you really got a good deal! EJR

Thanks for all the congrats, gang, and for affirming that the price was right. A bit reassuring, given the bill. This is going to be my last significant book purchase for quite some time, as putting any more dough into comics might start to give me stomach jitters. So this was a wonderful way to bow out of GA buying for a long spell.

Oh, and by the way...the book landed today! :headbang:

Looks great, too. Of course, just when you want your scanner to work, it starts acting loopy. So I took a camera pic before heading to the bank lock-up---doesn't do the book justice, of course, but I think it demonstrates that the red really pops. Beautiful!

I'm uploading the pic now and will post in a few minutes.

Ok guys, I was going to keep this on the down-low until I had it in hand, but this conversation is getting a little weird. I pulled the trigger on the book.

Congrats on the pick-up as this is a wonderful book to own,especilly when you get it for a discount to guide! (thumbs u

I guess the original purchaser had to take a substantial multi-thousand loss just to move this book in the end. Hopefully, this current negative sentiment towards the pre-hero books is just a passing phase and these books start to move back up in the near future. :wishluck:

Thanks for the congrats. :) I realize the book may trend downward, so I made an offer I could live with, psychologically speaking. I am not looking for a flip, and I'm super excited.

Good pick up. This is a great book. Unless he wears (or she wears) a cape interest is limited. In the big picture of comic history, this is not only a significant book but has a great cover.

jb

I admit, after reading the way jb quoted this, I thought Bill landed a Tec 1. :o

After reading the rest of the thread I now see it is actually shrunkens copy.

So sorry for Bill, but hooray for sh.

What a great looking copy.

Hope the glare isn't too anticlimactic for anybody...I'll do a proper scan of this at some point.

March, 1937---my new favorite month! :cloud9:

DSCN1021.jpg

Really presents well. Terrific pickup. :applause:

Hope the glare isn't too anticlimactic for anybody...I'll do a proper scan of this at some point.

March, 1937---my new favorite month! :cloud9:

DSCN1021.jpg

Congratulations. You got a great deal.