• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's the best Catwoman?

Who's the best Catwoman?  

459 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best Catwoman?

66 posts in this topic

I actually thought Michelle Pfeiffer was really good.
Batman Returns couldn't contain her. Bo Welch's enormous sets couldn't "dwarf" her. She "stole" the movie right away from Batman even. Technically, this will always be original and only solo Catwoman movie to me.

Danny DeVito was pretty killer too, in a very creepy way. This was my favorite Batman movie, not counting the Adam West one.

DeVito was pretty great as Penguin. The character is hard to really take seriously, but I think that they pulled it off pretty well. Pfeffier also did a great job as Catwoman.

I always thought Returns was the most underrated Batman film made. The dark elements and look of Gotham was definitely the best interpretation of Batman to me.

Not to deviate from the main topic, but I thought that Billy Dee as Two Face would have been interesting, too.

I just read on IMBD that Harvey Dent from the original 1989 movie (Bill Dee Williams) was supposed to play the role that Christopher Walken (Max Shreck) had in Returns and at the end the explosion that killed Shriek was really meant to scar Dent and set up part 3. That would have made much more sense than the horrific origin given to us in Batman Forever.

Michelle's #2 now... :)
Yeah,I knew that wasn't going to last long lol

To tell yah the truth,I haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises yet :blush:

I was sick when the movie came out :sick:

You didn't miss much, it's spiderman 3 all over again...minus the dancing.

I think putting TDKR on the same level as SM3 is alittle much.

Hathaway was a good Catwoman, but I think Pfeiffer was honestly better.

I think putting TDKR on the same level as SM3 is alittle much.

Hathaway was a good Catwoman, but I think Pfeiffer was honestly better.

It's not on the same level of crapulance, but there's simply too much going on, like SM3. The non-spoiler version: everything seems glazed over, and in a movie that's almost three hours long. That ain't good.

Hathaway was the best thing in it.

There is something very pleasing about her posture on that cycle, Cowgirl UP Kitty <3

I think you have your positions confused :devil:

:signfunny:

Overall I like Michelle P!!!! She was hot ine suit and I loved her lines.

Batman TV show NEWMAR was my 2nd - she was fantastic and my 4th dream girlfriend. 3rd was Batgirl (Craig), 2nd was WW (Carter), and #1 was I Dream of Jeannie (Eden). I watched all on reruns and thats how I rank them.

Michelle P was great in Batman.

I like both Newmar and Hathaway the best. Pfeiffer did a good job as a Burtonesque Catwoman, and Meriwether and Kitt had some great qualities. Halle is beautiful, but her Catwoman role and film were terrible.

Anne Hathaway(The Dark Knight Rises)

Hands down the best in my opinion. I was actually surprised as to how well she [played this part. I never would have thought that she would have pulled this off so well; as she was worth seeing the movie for alone.

She diplayed confidence, general internal conflict, and an overall 'attitude' that makes her quite attractive...without even taking her 'looks' into account.

The best parts of Michelle Pfeiffer (hey, I can still spell it) and Julie Newmar, the showed they can play Selina Kyle without the skin tight latex/spandex too. Julie had great comedic timing in her disguises and Michelle oozed sexual fustration in her mousy "Clark Kent" role. Can't say Halle's Patience Price did that (she would have been my favorite Catwoman because I love women with short hair) and I always thought Lee Merriweather was too self-aware of the camp of the character and didn't dare play with it, but she was pretty stiff on Barnaby Jones too (that's probably pre-historic TV for Marvelfangirl, lol ). Eartha Kitt always twinkled with this kind of "awareness" too and might have overplayed it especially with Batgirl deathtraps. Kitt still had that dangerous spark still even her brief moments in Erik The Viking. Anne Hathaway ("Shut. Up.") will always probably fall into the upper middle ground of doing something different yet too safe.