• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Grail Acquired !!!!!

27 posts in this topic

Well the day that I have been waiting for these 12 long years has finaly come. My favorite super hero has always been Spider-man and although it's not his first appearance, I have always had Amazing Spider-man #1 at the top of my want list.

I am not the type of guy that can save money as I need to get my comic book fix on every month or I go crazy. Last year I took up the challenge of putting together an Amazing Spider-man CGC Registry set and went about slowly acquiring books I needed from my set.

I have now been able to put together about 15% of the graded set and although I have quite a few key issues the big boys had eluded me so far....that is until now.

I am now the proud owner of an Amazing Spider-man #1 CGC 4.0 thanks to the efforts of Mephisto44, Steve Borock at CGC and Metropolis Comics!!!

ASM1.jpg

ASM1B.jpg

ASM1bk.jpg

I know it's a low grade book, but we all know these babies ain't cheap so I bought what I could afford and I can always upgrade when I have more funds available.

For all of you who have been on a similar quest I say don't give up. If you want something bad enough you can make it happen.

For anyone who hasn't shopped with Metropolis, I would highly recomend them as they were very professional and I actually got the book for $350 less than the price listed on their website as the book was on sale. When I called in to make an offer on the book, instead of taking my offer and shipping out the book they informed me that the book was on sale for $200 bucks less than I offered. Talk about a reverse haggle 893applaud-thumb.gif

I called and ordered the book Monday afternoon and the book just arrived, so the shipping was fast.

acclaim.gif

Whats that label on the back? I never seen that before. It doesn't show entirely in the photo. Looks like grader notes. Is that what it is? Would like to see that back label please.

It's the Metropolis label, usually on all their books sold by them.

Whats that label on the back? I never seen that before. It doesn't show entirely in the photo. Looks like grader notes. Is that what it is? Would like to see that back label please.

It's the Metropolis label, usually on all their books sold by them.

Yep, Metropolis label thumbsup2.gif

how cool to grab a book that you've always wanted and then find out that it's cheaper than you were willing to pay. go buy yourself a celebration dinner with the difference. i'd say Spidey #1 is reason to celebrate!!!! acclaim.gifacclaim.gif