• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #101 Ghost Variant Store List

314 posts in this topic

lol, how many people clicked on the link for #1 at $275.00 at comic oasis?

God their website is so frustrating, but they seriously hooked me up one time when my books got thrashed in shipping, so they are cool.

YES bwahahahaha!!

I was like OMGOMGOMG

Actually I was even more excited to start snapping up copies of #27 and #48 at cover price based on their website listing. :)

So does this Comic Oasis use live real time inventory on the website or will most of us wake up tomorrow to them cancelling all the orders for the ghost variant?

I've had them cancel a couple of my orders for single issues and lower quantities because of in-store sell-outs, but their inventory is usually reliable, and I got about two dozen of Saga #1 1st in very nice shape from them a few months ago. Their customer service is friendly and helpful.

As Kirkman relies more and more on gimmicks I'm just waiting for the quality of the actual comic to plummet.

I've thought that this point had happened several times, but I still think the series is going strong. Carl getting shot in the face was pretty sketchy though...

I actually continue to enjoy the comic, but almost without fail the gimmicks used to boost sales with Walking Dead are found only in comics I don't like. What's next, a Campbell cover?

I was told that about 30 retailers got this in. This is not hard fact, but strictly hearsay from one of the retailers who got about 10 in, and they are an extremely high volume store.

Though it seems some of the retailers mentioned here selling them online might have more than 10, so that throws my (possible max) 10 * 30 = 300 copies floating around.

One of the stores where I picked up 10 copies told me that the print run was 4K.

Tim,

I'm not pouting at all.

The variant is cool as hell.

My problem is with my retailer organization. There are 300+ of us.

30 members are involved in the it's NOT a ComicsPro variant.

270+ members are angry. The forum is exploding. It was suggested that a shared variant could have made the org vulnerable to anti trust laws, so a splinter group was formed.

I'm angry with the obvious ruse.

If you can't see that point, I don't know what to say.

I can see that point, fair enough and what a headache.....

I feel like Diamond hired an armed, covert gov't team that arrived in black unmarked SUV's wearing black suits (and shades!) while handcuffed to a silver briefcase, to drop off the variants at undisclosed locations

:shrug:

This whole thing gives me that uneasy feeling, like the variant flood-gates have opened. But maybe that's just me reminiscing about the 90's....

Jerome

Jerome, you share my concern. The one book that I had hoped would refrain from variant comics is now leaving a bad taste in a lot of new collectors' mouths. When some new collectors paid $100 approximately for a book that is being sold by other retailers for $10 approximately there's going to be a lot of upset consumers. While I appreciate that Larry and other Comics Pro members are upset that they weren't included on this cash grab, I hope that there is MUCH more upset and disappointment at what was done to naive buyers who paid ridiculous amounts of money for this book that was advertised with terms "RARE" and "Exclusive" and "Very RARE" and "super limited" and all kinds of other unnecessary puffing by retailers on ebay who knew what they paid for the book and apprxoimately if not exactly what the print run was on the book. I sure hope that this stops before people stop reading the comic in droves.

I was told that about 30 retailers got this in. This is not hard fact, but strictly hearsay from one of the retailers who got about 10 in, and they are an extremely high volume store.

Though it seems some of the retailers mentioned here selling them online might have more than 10, so that throws my (possible max) 10 * 30 = 300 copies floating around.

One of the stores where I picked up 10 copies told me that the print run was 4K.

So thats comparable to a 1:20 variant print run...just limited on which stores got it.

Actually I was even more excited to start snapping up copies of #27 and #48 at cover price based on their website listing. :)

So does this Comic Oasis use live real time inventory on the website or will most of us wake up tomorrow to them cancelling all the orders for the ghost variant?

Unless issues 27 and 48 are hidden in the back room, there are none on the shelf. The only back issues I have seen in there lately are 97 - 100.

As far as the ghost variant goes, they had about 30 on the counter (and who knows how many they have out of sight) when I was in there today.