• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller jscomics

51 posts in this topic

Wow. Almost all of his books have action on them. Crazy.

Yep. They are an established seller and most of their books go for more than I am willing to pay. Their Four Color File Copies get ridiculous prices for raw books.

Hey guys

Just wondering what the deal is with this seller. He has a boat load of books I would like to buy right now. Is he a boardie? His sales seem legit and he provides nice big scans. Just want to do my due diligence before buying. I did a forum search and didn't turn up much...

Thanks in advance

Jake

JS Comics is a long time comic dealer who used to advertise in comics and sell through mail order before the internet ever existed.

Long time comic sellers.

Cool thanks guys just doing my due diligence as I was thinking of spending 1k-2k on his books and would rather be paranoid than not.

Well it looks like in 8-9 days when his auctions end I will be a much poorer man..

Me also!

Hopefully, we won't be competing against each other!

Best of luck! :whistle:

Wow. Almost all of his books have action on them. Crazy.

Yep. They are an established seller and most of their books go for more than I am willing to pay. Their Four Color File Copies get ridiculous prices for raw books.

You can score seasonally on their auctions, with the ebb and flow of Christmas expenses, taxes, etc. They have been extremely hot for the past couple months, and their books have been untouchable from my pocketbook's perspective. Still, I win a few here and there. ;)

eBay feedback can be misleading? How so? If a buyer has a bad experience, wouldn't he usually alert others via a neutral or nagative comment?

Just a quick note on this - I've found that misleading feedback mainly to sellers of raw books. That's because most eBayers leave positive feedback once they get the book, then submit to CGC and get :devil: BURNINATED :devil: months later.

With CGC books you know what you've got the second it's in your hands, so I trust that feedback. Feedback of boardies is also important and I trust that over all other sources.

Also, sellers can have their shilling accounts leave them positive feedback for a transaction that never happened.

Also, what specifically do you find "dodgy" about eBay seller SilverSurpher?

I would be very interested to know. Did you get ripped off by him?

Just wondering, since I've bought raw comic books from him in the past without any problems.

Maybe it's a case of YMMV - your miliage may vary? (shrug)

I've been personally ripped off by this dude and I blame myself for not searching the boards for his eBay ID first :facepalm:

I've been buying from J&S since I think 1983 or so. I still have a catalog somewhere with a cool Layton Iron Man cover that I got from them around that same time.

I think I've had a transaction or two with them every year since 1999 or so on the bay without a single hitch.

If you are interested in file copy Harveys... then they are the place for you. I've bought so many Richie Rich high grade 9.6 - 9.8 raw copies off them I've lost count.

I hate to see them selling Marvel and DC like they are in this weeks auctions.... bring back the Casper, Little Lotta, Fat Albert, etc.

Give them some money and find out for yourself sir.

I've been buying from jscomics for several years. I've never had a problem with any of the comics I've purchased from them. Nice, big scans are available on items. I've gotten most of the raw high grade Harveys in my collection from them, including almost the complete run of Little Sad Sack, a tough series.

Highly recommended.

Though I've not bought anything from jscomics in years, they were always one of my favorite eBay sellers.

If they're still the same as they were when I bought from them, they're top notch. (thumbs u

As a public service for my fellow boardies who grew up--or were born--after the demise of the 8-track tape, the rotary telephone, and the wicked-cool conversion van, here are a few scans of my genuine J&S mail order catalog from the same year that some bonehead canceled the "Six Million Dollar Man"; on the other hand, this was also roughly the same period during which I started to really dig watching "The Rockford Files" with my older sister, the disco queen...so it's all good.

My tastes haven't changed much since those days; but...my proficiency with an ink pen has improved. My budget, when adjusted for inflation? Not so much...

js1.jpg

js2.jpg

js3.jpg

js4.jpg

js5.jpg