• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Turnout time

171 posts in this topic

Just called and today they are working on June 14 invoices for modern submissions.

Yummy... my July 15th invoice will eventually get graded and one day a mysterious box will appear at my door from the olden times.

Great thread btw. Just re-read most of it. :slapfight:

Called today and my modern received on 6-19 will be graded soon but my SS books from 5-19 are in limbo. Plus to make it worse no change in census and I can not get in touch with the facilitator.

I guess I'm out several coins.

Granted been almost a year since I last signed up.Needless to say spent money to rejoin the site so I could submit myself!

You don't need to join the Collectors' Society to submit comics yourself. Anyone off the street can submit their books to CGC for free.

(And don't forget the free 10% discount, available to anyone at no charge).

Just talked to CGC. Sounds like they can barely keep fast track on time. Especially with moderns.

"We've experienced a huge influx of modern submissions, all at once."

I submitted some comics for the first time at the Ohio Comic Con last weekend and my submission tracking now shows them verified. Given a normal turn-around time(I know they're behind), how much of it is spent at the various steps; Scheduled Grading, Grading, Finalized/Shipped. Just want to get an idea of how long I have to wait before I can see their grades for my comics. Thanks.

I submitted some comics for the first time at the Ohio Comic Con last weekend and my submission tracking now shows them verified. Given a normal turn-around time(I know they're behind), how much of it is spent at the various steps; Scheduled Grading, Grading, Finalized/Shipped. Just want to get an idea of how long I have to wait before I can see their grades for my comics. Thanks.

What tier did you submit your books under?

Sorry, forgot to include that. Signature Series fast track and normal speed Economy with a coupon.

If you used a collector's society coupon it's not an economy submission - it's a Collector's Society coupon and it's 15 business days. If you filled out the invoice as an economy and "paid" with a collectors society coupon you goofed. Hopefully CGC will catch the mistake and bump you up to the correct tier.

The fast tracks are 20 days for economy and 10 for modern.

Granted been almost a year since I last signed up.Needless to say spent money to rejoin the site so I could submit myself!

You don't need to join the Collectors' Society to submit comics yourself. Anyone off the street can submit their books to CGC for free.

Could you explain how? Looking at CGC's website I see three methods

1) A paid member of the CGC Collector's Society. The free membership does NOT include submission privileges. The least expensive that can submit directly is $39 a year. But another $86 gets you four submission coupons worth about $240 (or $216 factoring in discount)

2) Through a dealer near you

3) Through a CGC internet partner.

Weblink:

http://www.cgccomics.com/MemberPortal/Login.aspx

Sorry, forgot to include that. Signature Series fast track and normal speed Economy with a coupon.

If you used a collector's society coupon it's not an economy submission - it's a Collector's Society coupon and it's 15 business days. If you filled out the invoice as an economy and "paid" with a collectors society coupon you goofed. Hopefully CGC will catch the mistake and bump you up to the correct tier.

I checked both of my invoice copies. It looks like the lady filled them correctly.

Signature Series is Economy Fast Track, which I paid for and the coupon was on the normal invoice checked as Collector's Society Standard.. I didn't get a time on the coupon comics, but the lady said 6 weeks for fast track, several months without on the SS.

I checked both of my invoice copies. It looks like the lady filled them correctly.

Signature Series is Economy Fast Track, which I paid for and the coupon was on the normal invoice checked as Collector's Society Standard.. I didn't get a time on the coupon comics, but the lady said 6 weeks for fast track, several months without on the SS.

Took me a minute - but I think I follow now. You paid $$ for the economy fast track. You used the Collector's Society coupon for another book.

The Fast track probably will be about six calendar weeks counting door to door - meaning including shipping time there and back. The Collectors Society coupon book should be back a week earlier since the turn around time is 15 business days versus Fast Tracks 20 business days.

So why did I spend $40 to become a member?

by being a member, you can check the status of the books online, otherwise, you would have to call CGC to find out the status of your books.

by being a member, you can check the status of the books online, otherwise, you would have to call CGC to find out the status of your books.

I spent $40 so I can submit books to CGC directly on my own, not to track the status...

If you can in fact submit books directly to CGC now without having to be a paid member, I won't be renewing next year.

You also get access to the registry and census.