• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Turnout time

171 posts in this topic

To me, people complaining about fast track and how it should be removed are the same people who complain when their free email service goes down.

Premium services invoke higher cost. Get over it.

This is coming from someone who submitted some moderns at a show on 7/1 and are still waiting on them. I ain't mad, I knew going into it that if I'm not willing to fork over the extra $10, I'll be waiting and to just forget about them for a while.

My Heroes books (invoice date 6/27) shipped out on 10/21. These were modern Signature Series.

Oddly enough, another modern Signature Series invoice dated 6/26 (one day before my Heroes invoice) and graded before my Heroes invoice shipped out on 11/7 (over 2 weeks later).

My Heroes books (invoice date 6/27) shipped out on 10/21. These were modern Signature Series.

Oddly enough, another modern Signature Series invoice dated 6/26 (one day before my Heroes invoice) and graded before my Heroes invoice shipped out on 11/7 (over 2 weeks later).

i found my heroes books to be graded ridiculously tight.

I joined this group as a "Premium" member. I submitted my books back in September using the "Economy" option as I wasn't in a rush to get the books back. I was holding onto the 4 free grades as if this group of books went well I'd use them for some of the move valuable stuff I have. The books I did send are older 60s and 70s Marvel.

After emailing the company when the other day my order disappeared from the "submission tracking" I discovered that they aren't anywhere close to being on the schedule for grading and I'm looking around another couple of months before I can expect them to be scheduled.

The paperwork states "40 business days" with the Note on the Submission page that they're estimates only. The option for "Fast Tracking" States that it "Reduces the estimated turnaround time by half", which happens to be 20 days according to the paperwork.

What it doesn't mention on any of the paperwork is to check how current turn around times are looking anywhere. The paperwork, nor does the site where you download the PDF paperwork have a link to the current turnaround times. Had any of this info been on the stuff I needed to read to submit my books I would have gladly paid the extra $10 per book as the difference between the printed times and website times are currently about 100 days. In real time I haven't a clue as they've had my books for over 40 business days and still don't know when they might even been noticed.

I may have been wrong in my choosing of tiers I chose. If I had all the information available to me rather than what was provided I can say I would have chosen differently. As it stands I'm forced to wait for a reply to my request to upgrade my choice to "Fast Track" or be out my books for even longer as this company can not provide the service they claimed to for whatever reason.

What it doesn't mention on any of the paperwork is to check how current turn around times are looking anywhere. The paperwork, nor does the site where you download the PDF paperwork have a link to the current turnaround times. Had any of this info been on the stuff I needed to read to submit my books I would have gladly paid the extra $10 per book as the difference between the printed times and website times are currently about 100 days. In real time I haven't a clue as they've had my books for over 40 business days and still don't know when they might even been noticed.

Hi,

If you look at the CGC website under "services and fees," you'll see that they have the current turnaround times. They're still probably an approximation, but they are there.

Link: CGC Services and Fees

I don't think you'll like what you see, though. Brace yourself!

Hi,

If you look at the CGC website under "services and fees," you'll see that they have the current turnaround times. They're still probably an approximation, but they are there.

After reading up on this issue I found that link. I still think that should be mentioned on the paperwork as like I said, had I known I would have chosen differently. It's made worse over the fact that you can't upgrade your submission once they get it. Now I'm stuck without the books for who knows how long and there's nothing I can do about it. That's just not good.

i found my heroes books to be graded ridiculously tight.

Join the club.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Anyone curious to how long 120 business days from your submission date is: here's a handy calculator.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Anyone curious to how long 120 business days from your submission date is: here's a handy calculator.

It doesn't factor out holidays or Con dates. But it is pretty cool and depressing at the same time.

I just got into CGC myself. For those of you who've been here longer, how do the current turnaround times compare to the past? Have they been 100/120 business days for a while, or is this a crazy long time for them?

I shipped some comics on Nov 14 to CGC.

I had:

1 "Standard submission".

21 "Fast Track Economies"

9 "Regular Economies"

I got my Standard submission in the mail TODAY. That's a full turn around time of 26 days, and if you only count business days the TAT was 17 days (Thanksgiving holiday isn't counted).

I'd say that was pretty good. Maybe CGC is catching up.