• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

I know my LCS recently had #1 & #19 up on their wall for only a couple of days. I don't know what the Michonne went for but they called the first issue a 9.4/9.6 and it sold for $1900. Issues 1-10 of the collection they bought didn't last long.

On 4/2/2022 at 10:58 PM, grendelbo said:

I know my LCS recently had #1 & #19 up on their wall for only a couple of days. I don't know what the Michonne went for but they called the first issue a 9.4/9.6 and it sold for $1900. Issues 1-10 of the collection they bought didn't last long.

😂 this sounds like buying and selling DVD players

On 8/21/2012 at 7:06 PM, mintcollector said:

Anyone who buys this issue for 'investment' at these price levels is either completely stupid or just plain insane. That being said, if they are buying it because they like the item and don't care about the fact that within three to five years this book may sell for half this amount (or even less); rock on!

Just don't try to convince yourself that it is an 'investment' when buying it at those crazy prices. Heck. last time I checked on this book it was $1250 tops. The ONLY people making money on this book right now are those looking for a quick 'flip.' That is where the money is with this book.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Whoops... also August 2012....

On 8/28/2012 at 11:04 AM, VintageComics said:

This thread is a lot like all the Hulk #181 threads in the mid 2000's when people were wondering how much higher Hulk #181 was going to go.

Just substitute WD #1 for Hulk #181 and we can relive them all over again.

For those that don't know, yes, back then people were saying, "That book (Hulk 181) CAN'T possibly go any higher - there's too many NM copies out there!"

It did.

Even at that time...I bought a 5.5 for around $250 in 2012/2013. That 5.5 goes for $4500-$5500 now. 

On 4/3/2022 at 3:17 PM, Prince Namor said:

For those that don't know, yes, back then people were saying, "That book (Hulk 181) CAN'T possibly go any higher - there's too many NM copies out there!"

It did.

Even at that time...I bought a 5.5 for around $250 in 2012/2013. That 5.5 goes for $4500-$5500 now. 

It doesnt take 3 separate posts to get around to talking about your hulk comic book.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:35 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

It doesnt take 3 separate posts to get around to talking about your hulk comic book.

Nice try slick, but I sold that book quite some time ago, so it has nothing to do with being MY book.

The point was exactly what I meant it to be - showing how greatly that COMIC continues to grow despite plenty of copies. 

Edited by Prince Namor

On 4/9/2022 at 1:51 PM, Dark Knight said:

Just answering the question of the OP..  After Daryl dies in the show is my guess.

Unless we meet his other brother Daryl...... ~Newhart.... I had to :sorry: 

On 4/10/2022 at 4:51 AM, Dark Knight said:

Just answering the question of the OP..  After Daryl dies in the show is my guess.

I thought the show was finished!

Anyway - I'm buying TWD books in the WTB section - nada response so far. So can't be that cold yet i guess.

On 4/9/2022 at 12:51 PM, Dark Knight said:

After Daryl dies in the show is my guess.

I had gotten bored with the series... The books and the show... and took a break for a while and will pick it up again eventually. 

Now I  won't be surprised, sad, shocked when Daryl dies. I can be sad now and get it over with. That's a relief.  Thanks!

On 4/9/2022 at 9:14 AM, Prince Namor said:

Nice try slick, but I sold that book quite some time ago, so it has nothing to do with being MY book.

The point was exactly what I meant it to be - showing how greatly that COMIC continues to grow despite plenty of copies. 

I could see how you would think that. (:

On 4/10/2022 at 2:59 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Endgame Spoilers GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I don't know how it is considered a spoiler, just speculating.  Who knows maybe the show will go on and on without any of the early seasoned characters still around.  But it's inevitable that someday, the characters who have been there since season 1 would likely venture off of the WD series kinda like how Andrew Lincoln is no longer a part of the show.   

I actually thought after they "killed him" off, the WD books would tank, but I was wrong.  For me, the series did tank right after he left and after a few of the characters had died off.  The show wasn't the same to me again and I would maybe watch a sprinkle of the next season or so and then completely just go dark and stopped watching.  It just isn't the way it used to be.  

Also, there are swirling rumors for weeks now before I posted that it could be Norman's last season.  Who knows if it's all talk to get more viewers to watch the upcoming season or not.  I'll for sure be watching it because of these "rumors."